webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Which backup restores when same profile on 2 devices?
Which backup restores when same profile on 2 devices?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By geekpeter

Old 01/27/2013, 05:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

A question to the multidevice on same profile users:

I have Pre3 and TouchPad on one profile. When adding TP to the existing Pre profile it downloaded the stuff backuped by the Pre before.
Now both devices backup into the same profile (can see that in Impostah) with different deviceids on the same day.

What does happen when doctoring one device and profile is restored, is the latest backup (time wise) to the profile taken (ignoring device) or the last backup for that special device?

The question is relevant for me cause accounts/bookmarks... could be different in both devices and some apps backup their databases on the Palm Profile and having a different .db after doctoring could be really bad.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2013, 05:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

it will show you the profiles for each device and you get to pick which one you restore from, your apps relevant only to that device are restored and not a mesh of the whole.
Thanked by gizmo21, RumoredNow
Old 02/06/2013, 12:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
it will show you the profiles for each device and you get to pick which one you restore from, your apps relevant only to that device are restored and not a mesh of the whole.
thx, i forgot to answer before my holidays.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0