webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > ATTN DEVELOPERS: Possible to patch to browser to have a "reader" function?
ATTN DEVELOPERS: Possible to patch to browser to have a "reader" function?

Old 12/15/2012, 09:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

Ok I swear every time I come up on a website that I cant read I am tempted to get one of those giant phones out there. I have come up with a work around by using "spare time", read it here: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3366989

Anyways, thats a lot of work. Is there any way to patch the browser to get some kinda function to just read the text and see the images, you know like safari?
laingman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/2012, 09:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

I don't use Instapaper, so pardon me if I miss the point, but Sharing Super Mix patch updated with Instapaper Mobilizer and source viewing | webOS Nation seems relevant.
briest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/2012, 10:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by briest View Post
I don't use Instapaper, so pardon me if I miss the point, but Sharing Super Mix patch updated with Instapaper Mobilizer and source viewing | webOS Nation seems relevant.
Thanks, I missed that one. Tried to install it and got error message but I don't have any other browser patches since I don't use the stock browser any more (unless I'm force to). Will try to figure it out.

Edit: could it be because I'm running 2.1 ? Bummer
Old 12/15/2012, 01:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ah, I have overlooked it's for 2.2.x only. But there's 'Mobilize page with instapaper' patch in Preware, that installs and works on 2.1.
briest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/2012, 07:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by briest View Post
Ah, I have overlooked it's for 2.2.x only. But there's 'Mobilize page with instapaper' patch in Preware, that installs and works on 2.1.
Oh yes, mobilize page works great with 2.1, I was thinking I would have to go back to 2.2.4 for a while there. Thank you soon much
Old 12/15/2012, 07:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

Been testing on a few of the worst sites, I find I still have to go landscape to match the comfort level of what spare time does with their smallest (default) font. Also doesn't deliver it in our favourite font.

But also better than spare time in that it does not have all that padding at the top. Its all good

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0