Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes
    Thanks, brother.

I added the link over on XDA so more people can see it. Great find.

And added it into a general help post:
    Remember: if it seems like it failed, this might be a false negative which has been happening to many users.

Don't Panic. Just verify the certificate.

If you have the Internalz Pro file manager (Internalz Pro v1.5.0) you can use it to navigate to the certificate and open it to read the expiry date...

If you have WOSQI - a.k.a. webOS Quick Install - (http://forums.webosnation.com/canuck...-v4-5-0-a.html) you can use it to pull a copy of the certificate to your computer for examination...

Here (again) is the relevant location to navigate to/pull from. /etc/ssl/certs/trustedcerts/PalmWebOS.pem

Your New Certificate should look like this:

If your certificate did not update, go to the HP help page and follow the instructions again.
    https://developer.palm.com/support/applicationupdate
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 07/04/2013 at 11:39 AM.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I'm sorry, but this way of spreading the certificate sucks a little bit. Customers has to know it before activate their devices. And they will think bad about webOS :-(
    I'm sorry, but this way of spreading the certificate sucks a little bit. Customers has to know it before activate their devices. And they will think bad about webOS :-(
    Fully agree but this was the only feasible way without needing to get all the carrier approvals!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    RumoredNow and Garfonso like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Fully agree but this was the only feasible way without needing to get all the carrier approvals!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    What Herrie said...

For a great example, look at Verizon. They would never OTA a cert update to the Vzw Pre 3... They won't even OTA the 2.2.4 update necessary to activate a Pre 3 on their network.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    There is a certificate manager hiding somewhere in the Settings tab, too.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Seems I lucked out and was able to upgrade with minimal drama. Went into webos the to app catalog. Did a search for app catalog and offered a newer version. As I scrolled down the overview indicated the upgrade was necessary to replace the certificate expiring on 7/2013.. The update installed without issue! This was on my Palm Pixi Plus. Will also try this method on my HP Touchpad later...
    Not sure if this has been answered before, but for new profiles activated after July 23rd, is it just a straight forward sign up process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansing2002 View Post
    Not sure if this has been answered before, but for new profiles activated after July 23rd, is it just a straight forward sign up process.
    From the official HP help page: https://developer.palm.com/support/applicationupdate

Installing the Updates after July 23rd

1. For users of ALL webOS devices:

a. Open the “Date & Time” app on your device.

b. Set “Network Time” to Off.

c. Set the date to July 1, 2013.

d. Open the App Catalog

e. Type “App Catalog Update” in the search filed, and select “Enter” on the keyboard.

f. Tap the “App Catalog Update” app to display the details page.

g. Tap “Download for Free” to download and install the app.

h. Return to the “Date & Time” app.

i. Set the date back to the current date.

j. Set “Network Time” to On.

I believe this means you need to bypass First Use - get the certificate - then sign up for your profile...

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    From the official HP help page: https://developer.palm.com/support/applicationupdate

Installing the Updates after July 23rd
    1. For users of ALL webOS devices:
    a. Open the “Date & Time” app on your device.
    b. Set “Network Time” to Off.
    c. Set the date to July 1, 2013.
    d. Open the App Catalog
    e. Type “App Catalog Update” in the search filed, and select “Enter” on the keyboard.
    f. Tap the “App Catalog Update” app to display the details page.
    g. Tap “Download for Free” to download and install the app.
    h. Return to the “Date & Time” app.
    i. Set the date back to the current date.
    j. Set “Network Time” to On.

I believe this means you need to bypass First Use - get the certificate - then sign up for your profile...
    How do you get the certificate without having a profile? My question was in respect to new activations.

I am setting up another Touchpad using a new profile (for a family member). The HP notice says nothing about new - only existing accounts.
    By the way, in a previous post [June 7, 2013], you stated:

New activations from 23-07-13 onward are supposed to be able to get through First Use and then auto-update the certificate...
    hence ... my question.
    Is this comment a current reality?
    How do you get the certificate without having a profile? My question was in respect to new activations.
    Currently you can sign up for a new profile at least through tomorrow, then get the new cert. After tomorrow is where theory meets practice. No one really knows yet how the system is going to behave. (Maybe some HP engineers or some Homebrew experimenters who might have tested the system with forward dated devices - no one has described what exactly happens after 23 July, 2013 from an actual case.)

"New device" activations and Doctored devices are the two cases of needing a cert - whether they attach to a new profile or an established one. The system will have to deal with them some way.

I am setting up another Touchpad using a new profile (for a family member). The HP notice says nothing about new - only existing accounts.
    By the way, in a previous post [June 7, 2013], you stated:

New activations from 23-07-13 onward are supposed to be able to get through First Use and then auto-update the certificate...
    hence ... my question.
    Is this comment a current reality?

I can't seem to find the source that prompted that statement by me. I've forgotten where I've seen the info behind that statement. I forgot I had seen it, honestly, until you posted the above quote.

It isn't out of the realm of possibility that any First Use - either Doctored or "new device" - will redirect to the App Cat Update after cert check fails; IF the system has been tweaked to do so. I may have read something of that nature. I may have misunderstood what I read.

If I remember correctly, you can't set the date/time manually without bypassing First Use. The device will read the time off the network (cellular or WiFi) and learn the current date. If the system auto-updates the cert: GREAT. But be prepared to bypass First Use in case that fails...

We'll all know more very soon...

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Thanks, brother.

Thanks for this. I kept getting errors when downloading but was able to check with Internalz Pro and looks like my Touchpad is good to go.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Thanks, brother.

I´d like to ask if you know a path for webos 1.4.0 because I looked for the file in the path that you posted but I can´t find it and can´t update the certificate. thanks.
    After the deadly date, I couldn´t update the certificate. I got advise from the HP webos support team but it was impossible to update it. Since months ago when I tried to update the app catalog I got a message "...try later" and I read in some article that "In fact, it seems Palm has already locked out all the Telcel activated devices, so ....you won´t be able to ...buy apps anymore". My question is how can I avoid the carrier for updating my pre? My carrier is Telcel and my webos is 1.4.0. I need heeeeeeellllppppp!!!!!!!!
    meta doctor?

There are many webOS build's for the Pre/PrePlus, one could use a script that transforms their Pre into being a WR Pre (so even though the Phone is TelCel, it would say WR instead), this involves changing tokens but it is possible...
  15. eqr
    Somewhere in the nine pages of posts may be buried the answer, but it didn't jump out at me. Sorry if I missed it.

I did the app catalog update, and device info shows v5.0.3500. Safe to assume that if I can download the catalog update, I am OK ?

Is there someplace easily viewable on the GO that will tell me if I am up to date with the latest root certificate?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by fmvazquez View Post
    I´d like to ask if you know a path for webos 1.4.0 because I looked for the file in the path that you posted but I can´t find it and can´t update the certificate. thanks.
    I did look around for that path the other day, but couldn't find the answer... Mind you, I don't have a 1.X device to poke at so it was just Googling...

Mobile Nations Devotee
    I got brand new veer today from ebay (27/07) and login by firs use app. Then I set date to 1 july and installed App Catalog Update.... so it's all right.
    Marek
    RumoredNow likes this.
  18.    #180  
    I almost want to make a patcher to slipstream the updated certs into Doctor images. Or at least do it through USB Recovery mode. Anyone know if the certs are for open distribution?
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast