Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    And here is the relevant part of the App Catalog postInstall script:

With that information, we can make a Preware package to install the certificates if there are folks who cannot get it via the App Catalog before the deadline.

-- Rod
    Please think of our deployed folks. Granted, the number running webOS is probably tiny, but the military has their own restrictions on where devices can go on their wifi networks, and HP/Palm servers may not be in that list.
    US Robotics Palm Pilot with 2MB memory upgrade --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Handspring Visor Platinum --> Palm Tungsten T3 --> Palm Treo 680 --> Pre2 --> Touchpad (10 weeks 1 day 23 hours from order to receipt)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderwort View Post
    Please think of our deployed folks. Granted, the number running webOS is probably tiny, but the military has their own restrictions on where devices can go on their wifi networks, and HP/Palm servers may not be in that list.
    so does such a patch exist or will it soon enough ?
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Make sure you have your time set correctly... I woke up a few of mine as well. As soon as I fixed the time, I could check for the new app. I also toggled airplane mode on and off. --- but it could just be busy servers that caused my download failures.
    Frantid: thanks, worked like a charm (after fighting with my broken screen and mass-accepting hundreds of calendar alerts after the clock-sync app kicked in).

Good to know my now-retired Pre+ will remain semi-functional beyond July 2013.

Interesting observation. After using WebOS for this short while (despite the broken screen), I find myself wanting to use gestures on my One X -- of course, this results in things like Android window shade vs. WebOS drop-down menu, etc..

Brings back memories of 2011 and all the related frustration..... the good 'ol days, eh?!

Thanks again
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    I would save the ipk and install it manually on the TP Go, even if this should not have any relevance, because the Go never had and never will have any connection to the HP Profile/AppCat.
    Well. HP updated also the AppCat via developer Account. Now my TPgo is also up to date :-)
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Hi,

I just got offered another update!

Pre2, current version: 2.0.23400, offered: 2.1.10...

Any thoughts? I already updated. Did it not take?

I checked the Pre3. It's on 2.1.10000

EDIT: After reviewing the posts here, I went ahead. No message page after install & run, but the version no. is now 2.1.10000 in software manager...odd.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 06/14/2013 at 06:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Hi,

I just got offered another update!

Pre2, current version: 2.0.23400, offered: 2.1.10...

Any thoughts? I already updated. Did it not take?

I checked the Pre3. It's on 2.1.10000

EDIT: After reviewing the posts here, I went ahead. No message page after install & run, but the version no. is now 2.1.10000 in software manager...odd.
    That is the root cert update, not anything after that

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I use an unlocked UK Pre3 which recently received the update. I also have a spare AT&T Pre3 activated only once previously to network unlock. Due to the silly Palm/HP single-profile-device policy and some minor application incompatibilities, when I activated the AT&T Pre3 using the same webOS profile and then returned to the UK model, some apps were screwed etc. and I had to re-setup a few. Although not a major headache, I assume the same would happen if I reactivate the AT&T Pre3 to get the certificate update.

Is there a better way?
    Can my AT&T model get the update from the HP server without it trying to restore the config from my UK model?
    If not, on reactivating my UK model, can I use Save/Restore to revert with ease and let it re-upload that config to the HP servers?
    Any other suggestions? I would appreciate your advice.

Thanks,
    Keith
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith View Post
    I use an unlocked UK Pre3 which recently received the update. I also have a spare AT&T Pre3 activated only once previously to network unlock. Due to the silly Palm/HP single-profile-device policy and some minor application incompatibilities, when I activated the AT&T Pre3 using the same webOS profile and then returned to the UK model, some apps were screwed etc. and I had to re-setup a few. Although not a major headache, I assume the same would happen if I reactivate the AT&T Pre3 to get the certificate update.

Is there a better way?
    Can my AT&T model get the update from the HP server without it trying to restore the config from my UK model?
    If not, on reactivating my UK model, can I use Save/Restore to revert with ease and let it re-upload that config to the HP servers?
    Any other suggestions? I would appreciate your advice.

Thanks,
    Keith
    Either use the Bypass Activation method and get the update via App Catalog after some further manipulations under Impostah... Bypass Activation [webOS 2.x] | webOS Nation

-OR-

Just create/use a second email account to use as a backup profile for your spare Pre 3.

Of the two, a second profile is by far the easiest and best method for a backup. If it moves up to being your daily driver, you can always switch it over to your primary profile.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Either use the Bypass Activation method and get the update via App Catalog after some further manipulations under Impostah... Bypass Activation [webOS 2.x] | webOS Nation

-OR-

Just create/use a second email account to use as a backup profile for your spare Pre 3.

Of the two, a second profile is by far the easiest and best method for a backup. If it moves up to being your daily driver, you can always switch it over to your primary profile.
    Beautiful.
    Thank you very much RumoredNow!
    I think I'll create a second profile.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Woot the touchpad auto updated while I was away. Turned the phones on and had to reboot, set the time, and turn airplane mode off and on in order to update successfully, thanks for the tips.

Not giving up on webOS yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    Good to know my now-retired Pre+ will remain semi-functional beyond July 2013.
    Why don't you Doctor it with 2.2.4 ?

Vas
    When do you guys think hp will shut down the servers for good?
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Why don't you Doctor it with 2.2.4 ?

Vas
    Pre+ with 2.2.4? Too slow :/

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarquis9 View Post
    When do you guys think hp will shut down the servers for good?
    Not in their interest... they are reusing the servers (see my other reply)
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    what to do when you get the dreaded "failed" message when trying to run the update?
    Quote Originally Posted by c000 View Post
    what to do when you get the dreaded "failed" message when trying to run the update?

Use Internalz Pro to navigate to this location and open the certificate - OR - use WOSQI to pull the file and examine it on your desktop:
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    And here is the relevant part of the App Catalog postInstall script:

... /etc/ssl/certs/trustedcerts/PalmWebOS.pem ....

-- Rod

Some are getting the fail notice even after a successful update. Take a look and see what your expiry date is. You might be getting a "false negative" with that Failed message.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    how do i determine what the expiration date is? is there a simple way of doing it? i haven't really used webos in over a year, so i've pretty much forgotten everything.
    how do i determine what the expiration date is? is there a simple way of doing it? i haven't really used webos in over a year, so i've pretty much forgotten everything.
    Internalz Pro will open the cert... Just "long tap" on the name and select "open" from the pop up options box. The cert displays clearly and you can read the date... It's not code.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    that would be great. but i dont think i have Internalz Pro. i dont know anything about it, or where to get it. or how to install it on my touchpad. unless it is some default app thats already on the touchpad?
    that would be great. but i dont think i have Internalz Pro. i dont know anything about it, or where to get it. or how to install it on my touchpad. unless it is some default app thats already on the touchpad?
    It's in Preware...

Do you have WOSQI? (webOS Quick Install)

http://forums.webosnation.com/canuck...-v4-5-0-a.html

Mobile Nations Devotee
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast