Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    FYI, the new certificate expires Apr 27 21:22:32 2037 GMT

Probably long enough?

-- Rod
    Oh, no... My Pre3 & Touchpad gonna have this problem again in 2037? I knew that was good too much...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    shicky256 and xandros9 like this.
  2. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    Btw: what will happen with the TouchpadGO's?
    I would save the ipk and install it manually on the TP Go, even if this should not have any relevance, because the Go never had and never will have any connection to the HP Profile/AppCat.
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    I would save the ipk and install it manually on the TP Go, even if this should not have any relevance, because the Go never had and never will have any connection to the HP Profile/AppCat.
    I have seen several Touchpad Go's on HP/Palms Profiles and they received the updated App Catalog just fine...

So as long as your Go is on a valid profile and is configured to production servers correctly, it will get updated...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 06/07/2013 at 12:27 PM.
  4. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    FYI, the new certificate expires Apr 27 21:22:32 2037 GMT
    Probably long enough?
    well, who knows.

I still have my Amstrad PDA600 Penpad (and most other gadges I bought in the past) :-)
    eKeith likes this.
    And here is the relevant part of the App Catalog postInstall script:

echo "Copy new certificates start"
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cp appsigning-bundle.crt /etc/ssl/certs/appsigning-bundle.crt
    cp appsigning-bundle.crt /var/ssl/appsigning/appsigning-bundle.crt
    cp pubsubsigning-bundle.crt /etc/ssl/certs/pubsubsigning-bundle.crt
    cp appsigning-bundle.crt /etc/ssl/certs/trustedcerts/PalmWebOS.pem
    mount -o remount,ro /
    echo "Copy new certificates done"

With that information, we can make a Preware package to install the certificates if there are folks who cannot get it via the App Catalog before the deadline.

-- Rod
    So there are three "Apps" that they released yesterday, App Catalog Update (which is com.palm.app.appcatalogupdate_2.0.0.ipk, which is just the Post Script and the Certs), two updated App Catalog(s) one for HP/Palm webOS 2.x (com.palm.app.findapps_2.1.10000.ipk) and one for HP Touchpads (com.palm.app.enyo-findapps_5.0.3500.ipk).

They all have the same md5sums of the certs, however, the touchpad version was created on 4/19/2013 where the others are 4/30/2013.

Now, I am testing a script that removes the three expired certs from the module pmcertstore and puts the newer versions there (extracted from the smaller App Catalog Update) and then re-builds the doctor. However, I am thinking of a few things, first how does someone get the App Catalog Update without a device? Unless they have the debug switch invoked the IPK is normally removed? Is a cert allowed to be distributed even though it is under copyright?

So I thought about devicetool,jar, what if someone grabs HP/Palms tool, modifies it to update the certs?

So there are many ways to fix a device (fix the doctor, use a devicetool method, roll the date back, get the update then roll forward?), I also heard HP has a link which they will produce a tool to fix a device after this time(https://developer.palm.com/support/applicationupdate)?

So Rod also stated he might put it in preware, to update the cert, again, can we distribute the certs? I know webosInternals has some distributed "copyright code", like the revert to stock Kernels, LunaSysMgr, etc... (those are binaries directly from a doctor).

I am playing with idea's but would like input as to which method would be best, at first I thought fix the doctor (kind of the chicken or the egg), what do you think?
    Last edited by John Steffes; 06/25/2013 at 03:48 PM.
    John, do you suppose that the stock HP/Palm doctors, available at http://downloads.help.palm.com/webosdoctor/ will have the updated app catalog ipk inside the jar files at some point?
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    John, do you suppose that the stock HP/Palm doctors, available at http://downloads.help.palm.com/webosdoctor/ will have the updated app catalog ipk inside the jar files at some point?
    I highly doubt HP would go to the trouble to update the Doctors..... Even if they wanted to, I suspect they don't have the people with the right knowledge for this on board anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    If I ran webOS cloud services, yes I would fix the existing doctors/ota updates... But I am not HP/Palm...

They would also have to fix so many though, do they have the people, time, money?

What is in it for them? HP/Palm get a cut of each paid app, they have contracts with cell companies, reputation ...

Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I highly doubt HP would go to the trouble to update the Doctors..... Even if they wanted to, I suspect they don't have the people with the right knowledge for this on board anymore
    They could hire me (part time, already ,have a few full time jobs), just to fix each doctor...
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    If I ran webOS cloud services, yes I would fix the existing doctors/ota updates... But I am not HP/Palm...

They would also have to fix so many though, do they have the people, time, money?

What is in it for them? HP/Palm get a cut of each paid app, they have contracts with cell companies, reputation ...

They could hire me (part time, already ,have a few full time jobs), just to fix each doctor...
    Yeah or they could just loosen the copyright on the Doctors so we could modify and host them to our liking
    Got the update notifications on my Pre 3 and my Touchpad. Do I need to remove all of the patches off of my devices before I install the update
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    Got the update notifications on my Pre 3 and my Touchpad. Do I need to remove all of the patches off of my devices before I install the update
    Not necessary! It updates only certificates
    Updated Pre2 in Software Manager and it shows correctly now 2.1.1000, but i still have option to download same package in AppCatalog.

Is there a easy way to see the CERTS are installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Updated Pre2 in Software Manager and it shows correctly now 2.1.1000, but i still have option to download same package in AppCatalog.

With data off (wifi-only), set the date to past July 23rd, and then reboot and open the app catalog. If it works, the certs came through. Don't forget to set the date back to current
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

With that information, we can make a Preware package to install the certificates if there are folks who cannot get it via the App Catalog before the deadline.

-- Rod
    I would appreciate such an Package for my TouchPad Go :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    I would appreciate such an Package for my TouchPad Go :-)
    If you're using a TouchPad Go then you should make yourself familiar with Impostah's chameleonic capabilities and use these to access the app catalog and install the update.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    If you're using a TouchPad Go then you should make yourself familiar with Impostah's chameleonic capabilities and use these to access the app catalog and install the update.

-- Rod
    :-D I know, but for the moment I prefer my actual situation.
    I installed with WOSQ com.palm.app.findapps_2.1.10000.ipk and com.palm.app.appcatalogupdate_2.0.0.ipk that I downloaded and applied for my daily Pre3 to my dormant same account backups Pre3 and Pre.
    As gizmo21 asks:
    to verify that it is installed correctly without need to execute App Catalog as dormant devices uses same account that my daily device
    Thanks
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)
    @CptOx,

If you go to the directories listed in the quote below, you should be able to see the timestamp on these files. Created or modified... if the timestamp is from yesterday or from sometime in April, they are the new certs.

echo "Copy new certificates start"
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cp appsigning-bundle.crt /etc/ssl/certs/appsigning-bundle.crt
    cp appsigning-bundle.crt /var/ssl/appsigning/appsigning-bundle.crt
    cp pubsubsigning-bundle.crt /etc/ssl/certs/pubsubsigning-bundle.crt
    cp appsigning-bundle.crt /etc/ssl/certs/trustedcerts/PalmWebOS.pem
    mount -o remount,ro /
    echo "Copy new certificates done"

-- Rod
    CptOx and Rnp like this.
    Right, go to these paths with Internals Pro and you can see date modified in information or even open those crt files and have Cert-Manager show you expiring date 2037 or 2023
    CptOx likes this.
    Right, go to these paths with Internals Pro and you can see date modified in information or even open those crt files and have Cert-Manager show you expiring date 2037 or 2023
    I did my pre 3 from app catalog but will not be near my touchpad in time... Can I download an ipk or patch somewhere to do later ?
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast