Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes
    At this point, I bet they could update the doctors without carrier approval.
    ananimus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    At this point, I bet they could update the doctors without carrier approval.
    But, lawyers!
    Remy X likes this.
    Since installing the update, I can no longer purchase apps I get a "Data Entry" error: "Update the Expiration Date information in your account and try again." On my Veer, and my TouchPad.
    UPDATE: THE EAGLE HAS LANDED

Not sure how to force an app update (I know...), searched "App Catalog" in the App Catalog and found "App Catalog Update" by HP.

Get yours now if you haven't already! (Seems others already nabbed it, yeah?)

Edit: Heh... and about ten minutes later the actual app update pushed through as well. Catalog etc still work on my Pre 3 (unlike Jive Turkey's ), even after reboot. Guess we're good to go.
    Last edited by ananimus; 06/06/2013 at 10:58 PM.
    Oh and one more thing... What about FrankenPre's? I just noticed in the article, the App install inside the catalog was for 1.4.5 devices. My Franken Pre Plus on Bell identifies itself to HP as 1.4.5, so it didn't get a trigger to update App Catalog 2.1.10000, and instead I ran that?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I've got the update via Software-Manager today.
    Btw: what will happen with the TouchpadGO's?
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Does anybody know whether this applies to devices which are truly 1.4.5? Just awoke my old Pre+ from a long slumber to give it this update, however, after a second or two of attempting to download (after I search & find the update in the App store), it registers a 'download failure' and aborts.

Thanks - it's always nice to know that my Pre+ still has the option of running vs. expired...
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    Does anybody know whether this applies to devices which are truly 1.4.5? Just awoke my old Pre+ from a long slumber to give it this update, however, after a second or two of attempting to download (after I search & find the update in the App store), it registers a 'download failure' and aborts.

Thanks - it's always nice to know that my Pre+ still has the option of running vs. expired...
    I think today a lot of devices will try to download, so it will be difficult for the servers :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    I've got the update via Software-Manager today.
    Btw: what will happen with the TouchpadGO's?
    Nothing different, except for the one that has been stolen....

P.S. Got my TP and Pre+ updated, will now charge my mother's and ask her to update her phone...

I just was able to install it on a Palm Pixi running 1.4.5...

I am still having issues of seeing updates thou, just goes to ! point screen...

CaliMark
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    My Pre 3 found the update and downloaded it but has said "Installing..." for the last 30 minutes :-(
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    FYI, the new certificate expires Apr 27 21:22:32 2037 GMT

Probably long enough?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Remy X, Rnp, ananimus and 1 others like this.
    And here is the relevant part of the App Catalog postInstall script:

echo "Copy new certificates start"
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cp appsigning-bundle.crt /etc/ssl/certs/appsigning-bundle.crt
    cp appsigning-bundle.crt /var/ssl/appsigning/appsigning-bundle.crt
    cp pubsubsigning-bundle.crt /etc/ssl/certs/pubsubsigning-bundle.crt
    cp appsigning-bundle.crt /etc/ssl/certs/trustedcerts/PalmWebOS.pem
    mount -o remount,ro /
    echo "Copy new certificates done"
    With that information, we can make a Preware package to install the certificates if there are folks who cannot get it via the App Catalog before the deadline.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 06/07/2013 at 03:32 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    The update shown for my Pre3 but not for my Touchpad. Are all your Touchpad's updated?

Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    The update shown for my Pre3 but not for my Touchpad. Are all your Touchpad's updated?

Vas
    Usually, my TP requests updates at boot time.. have you rebooted yours?

I haven't, just went straight to the catalog and clicked on the "newest" category....
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post

Vas
    Only device I have that isn't updated is my Veer and Pre Classic, since those aren't activated with an account.
    My TP just got the update, my Pre 3 still not. Both unlocked devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
    Since installing the update, I can no longer purchase apps I get a "Data Entry" error: "Update the Expiration Date information in your account and try again." On my Veer, and my TouchPad.
    I believe you need to update your credit card expiration date - it has expired. I had the same error a month or so ago.

Make sure you have your time set correctly... I woke up a few of mine as well. As soon as I fixed the time, I could check for the new app. I also toggled airplane mode on and off. --- but it could just be busy servers that caused my download failures.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    noseph likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    My TP just got the update, my Pre 3 still not. Both unlocked devices.
    With app updates, it does not matter, as long as your profile is valid and signed in. Just go to software manager and it will check for app updates. I updated my Pre2 and Touchpad this way rather and wait for it to check on its own.