Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The client side openssl checks the certificate. You can test this by trying to activate a device on which the clock is set incorrectly.

-- Rod
    Once the certificate expires, is it possible to set an incorrect date (back in time) to activate a device?
    Quote Originally Posted by bkos View Post
    Once the certificate expires, is it possible to set an incorrect date (back in time) to activate a device?
    If you are experienced enough to bypass activation then you would be able to do this. Unknown whether the server would accept it though.

On a webOS phone you don't normally get to set the time before activating.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    dignitary likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you are experienced enough to bypass activation then you would be able to do this. Unknown whether the server would accept it though.
    -- Rod
    I would assume that a certified time stamp is used as a reference to compare time values.
    And which certified time service would provide wrong time stamps?
    (This is just an assumption - I know no details about the actual implementation.)
    I opened the catalogue from an app today, but got a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark - "Please try again later"

I tried from the launcher page, twice, restarted the phone and tried again - still no go.

I was worried that termination had come early, but excited that maybe the server was down while HP were fixing the problem.

It's working again now, so...

Was it only me? Any chance it has been fixed? How can the certificate be inspected?

I expect it was just some unrelated glitch, but thought I'd mention it.
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    As they quietly sat, contemplating the collective sins that made them deserving of damnation...
    Hey, speak for yourself there!

Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Was it only me?
    I think so.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Any new news?
    "Your phone is up to date."

Nothing yet... I thought AT&T/Verizon Pre 3s would get them direct, since they technically aren't AT&T and Verizon devices?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    "Your phone is up to date."

Nothing yet... I thought AT&T/Verizon Pre 3s would get them direct, since they technically aren't AT&T and Verizon devices?
    No nothing yet...

But If I read the article by Dieter correctly - you have to check for an update to the HP App Catalog app... I found nothing there yet, either.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    No nothing yet...

But If I read the article by Dieter correctly - you have to check for an update to the HP App Catalog app... I found nothing there yet, either.
    But then what app does it update? Or do I have to manually install it? Doesn't seem to make sense, it won't trigger updates if I don't have a package installed for it. It should come as a system update since those are the ones that need the bloody carrier approval.

EDIT: never mind, wasn't reading properly. It's the App Catalog itself.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 06/06/2013 at 12:03 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

But then what app does it update? Or do I have to manually install it? Doesn't seem to make sense, it won't trigger updates if I don't have a package installed for it. It should come as a system update since those are the ones that need the bloody carrier approval.

EDIT: never mind, wasn't reading properly. It's the App Catalog itself.
    Yeah... The App Cat gets updated to bring the new cert... Weird. But it does cut out the carriers.

Mobile Nations Devotee

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Never mind, my clock on my Pre 3 was off and caused problems that were fixed when correcting time.
    Last edited by spud101; 06/06/2013 at 02:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Never mind, my clock on my Pre 3 was off and caused problems that were fixed when correcting time.
    I had the same problems.
    1- you have to set the correct date.
    2- you can wifi activate: remove sim, start phone, at the profile request enter #*DEVMODE# (#* with keyboard) then connect wifi and install this app with Webos quick install:

forums.precentral.net/attachments/webos-patches/54435d1292655080-patch-enable-profile-creation-activation-bypassed-device-1-4-5-all.patch

with "just type" write "gesture tutorial" and you can access to profile
    Important! You have to set Language to English.
    Bye
    Rnp likes this.
    Once HP releases the App Catalog Update, I will rip it apart, find the cert and attempt to make a script which will remove the expired cert and replace it with a the new cert, and it will swap the old App Catalog and put the new one in.

This will allow users to create a meta doctor webOS Doctor with the correct cert, won't have to reset time to join etc... what HP/Palm should do...

Once perfected I will update my github repo and have Rod pull from it...

Although Rod or someone else might be working on this, my Personal Super Scripts* for the Pixi/Plus, Veer, Pre/Plus, Pre2, Pre3, Touchpad, Touchpad 4G, Touchpad Go already have the logic to rip/replace the App Catalog.

I might even make a universal script* you supply the App Catalog (file pulled from your device) and Doctor (pulled from HP/Palm) it removes the old replaces with new, unless HP/Palm just releases the cert as a module, that would make it even easier...

As we can not host the updated certed webOS Doctor (as per copyright laws) this will be the best I can do for the community.

*Seems they have a different update method for webOS 1.4.x then webOS 2.x.x but I will look at both...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 06/06/2013 at 03:29 PM.
    Remy X, ananimus, Rnp and 8 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Once HP releases the App Catalog Update, I will rip it apart, find the cert and attempt to make a script which will remove the expired cert and replace it with a the new cert, and it will swap the old App Catalog and put the new one in.

This will allow users to create a meta doctor webOS Doctor with the correct cert, won't have to reset time to join etc... what HP/Palm should do...

Once perfected I will update my github repo and have Rod pull from it...

Although Rod or someone else might be working on this, my Personal Super Scripts* for the Pixi/Plus, Veer, Pre/Plus, Pre2, Pre3, Touchpad, Touchpad 4G, Touchpad Go already have the logic to rip/replace the App Catalog.

I might even make a universal script* you supply the App Catalog (file pulled from your device) and Doctor (pulled from HP/Palm) it removes the old replaces with new, unless HP/Palm just releases the cert as a module, that would make it even easier...

As we can not host the updated certed webOS Doctor (as per copyright laws) this will be the best I can do for the community.

*Seems they have a different update method for webOS 1.4.x then webOS 2.x.x but I will look at both...
    John is the right man for this job.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I opened the catalogue from an app today, but got a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark - "Please try again later"

I tried from the launcher page, twice, restarted the phone and tried again - still no go.

I was worried that termination had come early, but excited that maybe the server was down while HP were fixing the problem.

It's working again now, so...

Was it only me? Any chance it has been fixed? How can the certificate be inspected?

I expect it was just some unrelated glitch, but thought I'd mention it.
    I am having this same problem on Palm Pixi with 1.45 today 6/6/13....

My Palm Pre will see the updates section of the app catalog but I don't see any update for the catalog yet!?

CaliMark
    Well if it wasn't Derek, it's pretty awesome Dieter scooped it instead!

As if his Twitter reminiscing (twitterniscing?) wasn't enough last week.
    Actually if the MetaDoctor route is possible, I wonder if HP would do the same on their end and actually just incorporate the new certificate in the official doctors?

Actually if the MetaDoctor route is possible, I wonder if HP would do the same on their end and actually just incorporate the new certificate in the official doctors?
    I'd seriously love it if they'd just sneak the new catalog/certificate into the current version Doctors. But don't those Doctors all need to be carrier approved (except unlocked)? I think it's the same problem as why they don't just push an official update. :-/
    RumoredNow likes this.