Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree125Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If HP don't fix this, then yes it is.
    Has anyone recently tested/verified that HP still has not fixed this issue (and when was this tested) ? Perhaps HP already installed a server side fix (if this is doable) ..
    found it: [How To] Retain App IPKs from App Catalog

and another tool mybackup is explained in my signature link to the hidden tips ,which does not backup ipks but can backp/restore all installed apps on a device even those vanished from appcat.

seems to be time to duck and cover ...
    I found it too, three posts back

...but then it doesn't really matter who did. I hope all thanks and likes go to the guy who actually wrote the guide
    BIG NEWS: a fix might be coming according to Enda McGrath (I asked him about it)! https://twitter.com/#!/endamcgrath/s...72800172593152

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Vistaus; 05/25/2013 at 05:02 AM.
    Rnp and xandros9 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    BIG NEWS: a fix might be coming according to Enda McGrath (I asked him about it)! https://twitter.com/#!/endamcgrath/s...72800172593152

Quoted for usability (the tapatalk bug again)
    I doubt that HP has any ability to send a message to every device, as no push notification unified system was completed.

On the other hand, HP most definitely does have the email addresses of everyone who has ever setup a webOS account, right?

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I doubt that HP has any ability to send a message to every device, as no push notification unified system was completed.

On the other hand, HP most definitely does have the email addresses of everyone who has ever setup a webOS account, right?

True. Unless they are encrypted along with all the other data.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post

Thanks, Vistaus! At least he said "soon" as opposed to... well, you know.
    Vistaus and Rnp like this.
    Preemptive HP has used their mailing lists before. We used to get all kinds of crazy app deals and cool stuff

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Besr answer from the Twitter support team: https://twitter.com/HPSupport/status/337664087989301248 ><

Maybe, if some more people ask, they will get an answer for us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Mutoidi and Vistaus like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyland View Post
    Besr answer from the Twitter support team: https://twitter.com/HPSupport/status/337664087989301248 ><

Maybe, if some more people ask, they will get an answer for us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    "What's a Webos?"
    All they really have to do is set a server-side switch to ignore certificate expiration. Done. Sure, that's not how they would fix it if webOS was still a going concern, but for the current reality that's plenty good enough.

(edit: have to admit though, there could be a client-side problem; depending on exactly how everything is configured, the ssl client (i.e. the phone or touchpad) could refuse to initiate ssl with an expired certificate. I consider this less likely, but certainly can't ignore the possibility)
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 05/25/2013 at 08:30 PM.
    ananimus likes this.
    The client side openssl checks the certificate. You can test this by trying to activate a device on which the clock is set incorrectly.

-- Rod
    Regarding Survival Guide
    Is there a way to download my PalmProfile Backup locally to perhaps being able to restore it later via commandline...? At least Impostah seems to have the ability to see and restore any of my last 30+ days of cloud backup.

Could there be made an update to impostah (or patch if manpower is missing for a new update) for a decrypted 'ocal file download of my data that is now only in the HP cloud?

And this should be a worth a thought again now, before it's too late:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/open-webos-general-discussion/319244-thinking-about-locally-hosted-backup-servers.html
    Last edited by gizmo21; 05/26/2013 at 12:31 AM.
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Regarding Survival Guide
    Is there a way to download my PalmProfile Backup locally to perhaps being able to restore it later via commandline...? At least Impostah seems to have the ability to see and restore any of my last 30+ days of cloud backup.

Could there be made an update to impostah (or patch if manpower is missing for a new update) for a decrypted 'ocal file download of my data that is now only in the HP cloud?
    I am not in a position to work on this, but I'm happy to accept any github pull requests at https://github.com/rwhitby/impostah

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    It was a quiet night. Too quiet. All you could hear was the gentle pinging of a gray drizzle on the shack's tin siding. It was an endless, emotionless rain that answered no man's appeal. Huddled around what few glowing embers the group had managed to keep burning, none spoke a word. They just sat silently, staring. Waiting.

Waiting...
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    It was a quiet night. Too quiet. All you could hear was the gentle pinging of a gray drizzle on the shack's tin siding. It was an endless, emotionless rain that answered no man's appeal. Huddled around what few glowing embers the group had managed to keep burning, none spoke a word. They just sat silently, staring. Waiting.

Waiting...
    ...And then, out of that dank & dark, swept a small bird; it whispered over the silence: "Root Cert Update via HP App. Cat. - sometime in the coming..." before flitting back into the wet night once more..

The Embers flickered to life yet again.. reigniting the silent hopes of all those present.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 05/30/2013 at 03:41 AM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    ananimus and vgg like this.
    Ok... I'm the polemic in forum, so...

Wait for the certificate only using Preware is selfishness!

Let's gonna think in all other people that have some webOS device and is not a expert... they must be abandoned to your own luck?

Sorry, guys... I believe that I'm a minority here, but I don't agree with this! In my opinion, the update must be released to all!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Ok... I'm the polemic in forum, so...

Wait for the certificate only using Preware is selfishness!

You can access the HP App. Catalogue can't you?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    ...And then, out of that dank & dark, swept a small bird; it whispered over the silence: "Root Cert Update via HP App. Cat. - sometime in the coming..." before flitting back into the wet night once more..

The Embers flickered to life yet again.. reigniting the silent hopes of all those present.
    But the hope was short-lived, for as soon as it came, so too did the bitter memories of heartache and betrayal. They were painful and vivid memories. Close memories and distant ones. Memories so hot and heavy that they were thought to have been soaked in the unyielding and punishing seasonal rain. No one could muster an explanation as to why their beloved webOS Nation was being tested yet again, or in this manner. Hitherto, their trials were financial or technological. They were the evil workings of man and woman, and thus, their solutions were also of the mundane. But this! This unending downpour on their battered, yet resilient nation... it was of biblical proportions! Palm City had succumbed to the deluge and the old washed-out town of Central Treo will now be the stuff of legends. It was the thirteenth day of continuous rain, and, in the absence of superior reasoning, a valid explanation may as well be that the Man upstairs had loaded up on a 40 and decided to pi$$ them all to hades.

As they quietly sat, contemplating the collective sins that made them deserving of damnation, the harsh memories slowly returned... as did the doubt.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast