Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
Like Tree125Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    I almost want to make a patcher to slipstream the updated certs into Doctor images. Or at least do it through USB Recovery mode. Anyone know if the certs are for open distribution?
    John Steffes has made a script for that, i think.

But what i was thinking, if someone could donate an old Pre-'s (or Pixi-) "identity", we could build a "Certificator" tool that spoofs an actual device to log into a dummy profile, pull down the catalog update and log out again.

That would be perfectly legal. Then the app would use that ipk and install it over Novacom...

It shouldn't be that much trouble to build that in Java...
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    John Steffes has made a script for that, i think.

But what i was thinking, if someone could donate an old Pre-'s (or Pixi-) "identity", we could build a "Certificator" tool that spoofs an actual device to log into a dummy profile, pull down the catalog update and log out again.

That would be perfectly legal. Then the app would use that ipk and install it over Novacom...

It shouldn't be that much trouble to build that in Java...
    I have updated my super scripts and have been testing them (have not released them to github as of yet)...

It assumes one has already downloaded the certs from the App Catalog, extracted the certs (from the IPK bundle) and put them in a location for meta doctor.

I also have been working on a patching script, it is not finished (been very busy with work and it is summer so my time is not focused on this for long)...

Anyway I was going to compare the cert files from old to new, and then with a utility transform the old to new (I have done this with the scripts for webOS 2.2.4 for the PrePlus), this would one allow me to avoid copyright issues (as I am not including the real certs, just the differences), then incorporate that into the super scripts...

Once I had that I was also going to create a new script, that you give it a doctor, it extracts the old certs, patches, then puts the new certs back into the doctor (first attempt with meta doctor, then attempt as a stand-alone script).

Just have not had the time to work it all out...
    Remy X likes this.
  3.    #183  
    Remember to update MD5s, since Doctor will be checking those after flashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Remember to update MD5s, since Doctor will be checking those after flashing.
    Yep the script would handle that including the stand-alone version would re-hash the webOS.tar, file within the JAR.

I have mapped out what the script would do (part of my software engineering training), kind of like a Pseudocode...
    Remy X likes this.
    my experience after a meta-doctoring to 2.2.4 for a Sprint FrankenPre2:

- activation with a new palm profile email completed successfully.
    - after activation, app cat indicated an update was available for the app cat
    - update attempted, but failed
    - i turned off "network time/date" updating, then set date to July 22.
    - i reattempted app cat update, it installed successfully.

so unless someone chimes in afterward to correct me, it appears you can just shut off the network time sync, roll back the clock, and update the app update which includes the cert.

seems pretty easy unless i'm missing something (please reply if so). i hope this helps relieve concerns with future webOS activations!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post

so unless someone chimes in afterward to correct me, it appears you can just shut off the network time sync, roll back the clock, and update the app update which includes the cert.

seems pretty easy unless i'm missing something (please reply if so). i hope this helps relieve concerns with future webOS activations!
    That's pretty much the recommended process now. Most of the other advice floating around concerns what to do when the update goes sideways, even after rolling back the date (as has happened to some).

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post

This isn't working anymore since a few days (see all other 'Install Failed' messages on this forum). So if anyone can make a patch that installs the cerificates, you would make a lot of people happy (including me).
    Quote Originally Posted by gespy View Post
    This isn't working anymore since a few days (see all other 'Install Failed' messages on this forum). So if anyone can make a patch that installs the cerificates, you would make a lot of people happy (including me).
    Yes, I', in the same boat, any sort of update would be wonderful and much appreciated!
    While installing version 0.6.0-5 of ACL, or should I say in the attempt to install ACL v0.6.0-5 over v0.6.0-3, I lost all my webOS apps and therefore I ended up having to doctor my TouchPad. But now I cannot sign into my profile, presumably due to the 'root certificate' nonsense. Do I have any recourse? Thanks for any and all help.

PS: Why can't stupid HP, release a doctor with the updated 'root certificate'?
    Last edited by Sanjay; 10/25/2013 at 03:18 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    While installing version 0.6.0-5 of ACL, or should I say in the attempt to install ACL v0.6.0-5 over v0.6.0-3, I lost all my webOS apps and therefore I ended up having to doctor my TouchPad. But now I cannot sign into my profile, presumably due to the 'root certificate' nonsense. Do I have any recourse? Thanks for any and all help.

Don't install any ACL preview version over another! Uninstall the old one, then install the new one.

The certificate issue don't affect signing into your Palm profile!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post

I just doctored my HPPre3 ...after, I set the date to July1, 2013 (any date prior to July23) and updated the hp catalog from itself with the update called "update" which tells you your root certs have been updated... then I put the date back on network & all was well ...palm profile will log in fine...
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyland View Post
    The certificate issue don't affect signing into your Palm profile!
    You are right. Apparently it does not effect the loging in to the profile. After many, many attempts, I as finally able to log into my profile. Unfortunately, none of my apps are listed any more.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I've tried every which way to update the app catalog after July 23, 2013 -- including re-setting the date back to that time frame. Does anyone know whether or not we have a decent 'fix' now? I'm using a Verizon Palm Pre 2.

I do have preware but have not discovered a way that it can help this particular problem?? If anyone knows, please post such info. Thanks!
    (1) how to webos 2.1.10(in appscatlog) & (2.2.3 in device information) update to 2.2.4 ?
    (2) for hp pre3 2.2.4 is latest version or no ?
    (3) when sing in with google emai is unknow eror ?
    (4) not open apps catlog directly only open by web serch engin how tosolv problem ?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910