Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By mattmers
  • 2 Post By eblade
  • 1 Post By eblade
  1.    #1  
    Anyone want to make a Desktop environment for ubuntu with webos likes? enjoy my horrible concept.

webos desktop 1.gif

webos desktop 2.gif

webos desktop 3.gif
    checkmate, Vistaus and Rnp like this.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I like it, but I'm confused as to why you didn't use the Touchpad's launcher
  3.    #3  
    because I made the concept in an hour or two with screenshots from palm pre 2 lol.
    Last edited by mattmers; 11/24/2012 at 02:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I gotcha. I keep waiting for an x86 build of OpenWebOS :P
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikboy View Post
    I gotcha. I keep waiting for an x86 build of OpenWebOS :P
    We can only dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
    We can only dream.
    Or you could run the build-desktop script.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Vistaus and Rnp like this.
  7.    #7  
    I have the live cd and could only get it to run on virtual box. also open webos is not quite usable, no app store or any apps for daily use.
    Indeed. I would love this.

@Oldskool: Yes you could. But how does one install an app on that? I mean, let's say you have an Enyo app, for example Dash Weather. How would one install that there? Because I haven't found a way yet.
    Did you mean to @ that to me? well, if you have the desktop webos actually on your hard drive, you can add apps to ~/luna-desktop-binaries/rootfs/usr/palm/applications/

I know several people that use that for their email .. not entirely sure why though i mean, webOS email is great.. for a mobile device ..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Vistaus likes this.