webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > webOS and the OSs we stand by
webOS and the OSs we stand by

Old 11/23/2012, 11:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

I am a webos fan and always will be. I think the same when it comes to most of use here. Webos has a dedicated fan base the have been through hell but we are not the only ones. What are other OSs that have a fanbase even today and have been throught a lot? The only one I know of is Maemo/Meego but things are looking up for them.

Here is to all of use
The ones who have put in our patients
and Love what is less loved by most
Who see it for the beauty it is
and see past all the flaws it has .....many many flaws.

We <3 you (insert OSs you Love).
mattmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2012, 01:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hmm, interesting. I like your analogy between webOS and Maemo. I own a Pre+ and an N900, so i have both to use and compare...

I love both and want them both to do well, but i'm only inclined to put my time into webOS, because like you said, Maemo has some dedicated people looking after it and won't die an ugly death.
Remy X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2012, 10:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Jolla also has an entire corporation behind supporting its commercial release, plenty of investors, and they're building their own Android ACL based on Myriad Dalvik. They're making significant improvements to the Mer fork of MeeGo that push it into being a good, modern alternative to the larger OSes.

Furthermore, it's not a bunch of people donating to a side effort hoping to get a port onto some other device--it's a bunch of ex-Nokia N9 people who are leading the charge and raking in significant investment dollars (in the millions) to get it into retail on their own devices.

Jolla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

webOS just doesn't have its white knight to pull off the same feat yet.

Last edited by dignitary; 11/24/2012 at 10:31 PM.
dignitary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/25/2012, 03:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
Jolla also has an entire corporation behind supporting its commercial release, plenty of investors, and they're building their own Android ACL based on Myriad Dalvik. They're making significant improvements to the Mer fork of MeeGo that push it into being a good, modern alternative to the larger OSes.

Furthermore, it's not a bunch of people donating to a side effort hoping to get a port onto some other device--it's a bunch of ex-Nokia N9 people who are leading the charge and raking in significant investment dollars (in the millions) to get it into retail on their own devices.

Jolla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

webOS just doesn't have its white knight to pull off the same feat yet.
Yea, know most of that, think it great. But it gives me doubts that phoenix international Communication will get anywhere. I hope they do though.
mattmers is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0