Like Tree21Likes
  • 19 Post By jccjmml7
  • 1 Post By shadavis08
  • 1 Post By geekpeter
  1.    #1  
    For the past few months, my 5 year old son has been playing alot of Wackylands Boss. I really did not mind him always asking "Dad, can I play Wacky Boss on your phone?" I always said yes, even though my wife hates video games.

So, for the sake of the health of my Pre 2, I decided to give him an old Pre Plus. I picked it up on Ebay for $17, everything working fine...just a small chip in the plastic housing. Ran the carrier activation bypass and set it up for him so he could play games, take pictures, and listen to his music.

Fast forward to last night.....I was watching something on tv and he had the volume on the phone up too loud. I asked him to turn it down, and when I did I noticed that he was multi-tasking with that old Pre Plus like he had used it for years. He was playing his favorite game while listening to music and I never even told him how to do it!!

I then commenced to watch him flick cards around in pure joy. It really did make me proud.....my little boy is becoming more like me everyday (some things good, some not-so-good)!

Now my 15 year old son has an old Sprint Pre - (that was given to me before it was recycled) and he loves it. A friend of mine knew that I liked all things WebOS, so he offered it to me. I saved an old workhorse from its demise that day. It is almost an obsession at this point, but I want everyone to experience WebOS.

Sorry if it was too long.....just had to share that.
    Nice read. A lot of folks just don't get it.
    Nice

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    now if we could just get a carrier/device manufacturer pick up webOS we'd all be happy lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    jccjmml7 likes this.
    Great!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    jccjmml7 likes this.
    It's a very nice read, just wish those stupid/incompetent fools at HP could hear these stories about real people using WebOS. I'm sure some light-bulb in their heads(if they have one, of course ) could lit up and maybe realize the true potential of this very mistreated operating system of WebOS.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    It's a very nice read, just wish those stupid/incompetent fools at HP could hear these stories about real people using WebOS. I'm sure some light-bulb in their heads(if they have one, of course ) could lit up and maybe realize the true potential of this very mistreated operating system of WebOS.
    Really!, I mean even my Pixi Plus is a better multi-tasking phone (albeit slower) than the latest and greatest from Apple and Android. WebOS is that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    Really!, I mean even my Pixi Plus is a better multi-tasking phone (albeit slower) than the latest and greatest from Apple and Android. WebOS is that good.
    Especially when you add stacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    For the past few months, my 5 year old son has been playing alot of Wackylands Boss. I really did not mind him always asking "Dad, can I play Wacky Boss on your phone?" I always said yes, even though my wife hates video games.

So, for the sake of the health of my Pre 2, I decided to give him an old Pre Plus. I picked it up on Ebay for $17, everything working fine...just a small chip in the plastic housing. Ran the carrier activation bypass and set it up for him so he could play games, take pictures, and listen to his music.

Fast forward to last night.....I was watching something on tv and he had the volume on the phone up too loud. I asked him to turn it down, and when I did I noticed that he was multi-tasking with that old Pre Plus like he had used it for years. He was playing his favorite game while listening to music and I never even told him how to do it!!

I then commenced to watch him flick cards around in pure joy. It really did make me proud.....my little boy is becoming more like me everyday (some things good, some not-so-good)!

Now my 15 year old son has an old Sprint Pre - (that was given to me before it was recycled) and he loves it. A friend of mine knew that I liked all things WebOS, so he offered it to me. I saved an old workhorse from its demise that day. It is almost an obsession at this point, but I want everyone to experience WebOS.

Sorry if it was too long.....just had to share that.
    Being obsessed with WebOS is nothing to be ashamed about. Its just that good!