1.    #1  
    I don't understand the lack of discussion anywhere regarding how similar BB10 is to webOS in almost every way imaginable. I love my Pre3, but am waiting to see what shakes up in 2013 with Open-webOS, BB10 and if the former webOS guys at google continue to add webOS features, creating its user experience.

I hope this is in the right place, if not please move.

thoughts....
    id likely take at least a fleeting look at anything out there that lets me do the same as webOS, its not just the look/feel for me, i like having ubuntu in a card i can just throw away anytime.

I also like mini patches to tailor the device how i want it, i hate picking up toys/devices these days and feeling totally restricted in what i can do with one no matter how flashy and impressive they may look.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    I'm having a feeling...that BB10 will fail, "sadly". And that that could be Open webOS opportunity to come up in the 4th or even 3rd place. But that has to be follow with good, actually great hardware and more, I mean MORE apps! HP just revealed the ELITE PAD. A-MA-ZING!!! (can't believe I saying that of an HP product, but yes!). It runs in a X86 cpu, so it would be possible (with a lot of work) to port Open webOS to it. This could very well be a point of ressurection of webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    I don't understand the lack of discussion anywhere regarding how similar BB10 is to webOS in almost every way imaginable. I love my Pre3, but am waiting to see what shakes up in 2013 with Open-webOS, BB10 and if the former webOS guys at google continue to add webOS features, creating its user experience.

I hope this is in the right place, if not please move.

thoughts....
    Actually from the latest video I saw of BB10 thier OS seems less similar to webos now. Maybe you could point out the similarities for us

I have to say they have the advantage of going last so they can take what they want from the others without making it look like exact copies.
    BB10 took a few things from webOS, but not as much as BBOS on the Playbook which is almost a copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Actually from the latest video I saw of BB10 thier OS seems less similar to webos now. Maybe you could point out the similarities for us
    Gestures and cards. Personally I do like BB10 which is good sign it will fail since I also like webOS and Meego/N9
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Gestures and cards. Personally I do like BB10 which is good sign it will fail since I also like webOS and Meego/N9
    LOLOL... I haven't tried Meego, I want too but the N9 is too expensive (last time I checked)
    Quote Originally Posted by webos_ftw View Post
    LOLOL... I haven't tried Meego, I want too but the N9 is too expensive (last time I checked)
    I can find few months old N9 in perfect condition for about $200 to $290. N9 is my next obsessive project until BB10 comes.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post

I have to say they have the advantage of going last so they can take what they want from the others without making it look like exact copies.
    Multitasking, cards, gestures are the primary features that I see. Of course synergy would be nice to see adopted.