1.    #1  
    Hi all
    I was wondering about Webos. It seems after a while of usage - months etc, the application slows down. Besides growth in some of the registries, are there any other reasons why webos slows down, such as Database - say the SMS db or the email db getting big and there is no proper solution / service to cleanup these services.

Second thing - does webos running on solid state memory require any defragging? like any other OS on a PC?

Your advice? lol..
    well, there is actually something like system logging which can slow down any webos device. there is a patch in preware for this, think it is called system log muffler or something like that. it switches the log level to some other state that just logs real errors, iirc. this and some other patches may help with performance and battery life.

I am too lazy to search for you, but this topic has been covered with some how-to's here in the forums and on the main page. maybe search for battery life or performance.

this actually really helps, but it does not completely eliminate the problem. having a webos doctor will help, but requires you to back up your stuff. even some apps are known to slow the device down and drain battery, like skype.
    if you do some leg work and find out about overclocking kernals , they could potentially fix your issues. These issues are accounted for and fixed with uberkernal , and with LunaCE for the touchpad. I don't ever need to shut down my TPad anymore.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    some folks say messaging does lag when those databases get huge..... I usually use just type for messaging, I SMS A LOT and notice a lil lag every once in a while but not anything that has prompted me to delete past conversations (some folks do this all the time).

Other than that, sometimes memory gets loaded down and you will need to reboot the device in general. This is true of all webOS devices though more noticeable on the Pre3 and original devices than on the TouchPad for example.

I usually only restart the TouchPad when I install a patch/LunaCE update right now (since the Alpha gets updated quite often I am rebooting the device more often than normal).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5.    #5  
    Does defragging the disk help in performance?

I'm reading this link and of course so called experts say there is perfrmance improvement..

Does your mobile need defragging? - Techworld.com
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    Does defragging the disk help in performance?

I'm reading this link and of course so called experts say there is perfrmance improvement..

Does your mobile need defragging? - Techworld.com
    Defragging on flash usually decreases chip life, as it's writing to the flash unnecessarily. Modern flash controllers should already take into account fragmentation, and flash is much faster than spinning discs that it becomes less of an issue.

One thing to watch out for is a low /var. Sometimes things pile up and that tiny partition gets stuffed, causing problems. There's a link on that in the guide linked in my signature.
  7.    #7  
    How about the databases in webos. With the constant deletion of sms and emails , are the dbs optimized? is there a need to reindex like what happens to the media indexer for Mp3?
    Hello;
    I've been dealing with no e-mails content shown for more than 2 weeks now. I have talked in the "application database almost full" thread, but no final solution have arise. Some say to erase some var/file-cache folders (attachment, email, mediathumbnail), so I did but it didn't help on the issue of mine (e-mail app not showing me e-mails content) although it tells me when they arrived. Some others say the a meta-doctor with an increasing json.db partition from 100MB (factory set) to 1GB would solve the issue. Well I'm still pending on this but since I'm no geeky I have to read for a couple of days to do a meta-dr.
    I've said it there and I say it here: if someone, one of our amazing Homebrew developers would creat a patch to increase the json.db to 1GB, I -and many others- will gladly make a good donation to the Community. Please help!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajguns View Post
    Hello;
    I've been dealing with no e-mails content shown for more than 2 weeks now. I have talked in the "application database almost full" thread, but no final solution have arise. Some say to erase some var/file-cache folders (attachment, email, mediathumbnail), so I did but it didn't help on the issue of mine (e-mail app not showing me e-mails content) although it tells me when they arrived. Some others say the a meta-doctor with an increasing json.db partition from 100MB (factory set) to 1GB would solve the issue. Well I'm still pending on this but since I'm no geeky I have to read for a couple of days to do a meta-dr.
    I've said it there and I say it here: if someone, one of our amazing Homebrew developers would creat a patch to increase the json.db to 1GB, I -and many others- will gladly make a good donation to the Community. Please help!
    I would use Impostah to remove data from apps you don't use any more. Go into the Database page, and from the second box go through it and find database kinds from apps you don't have anymore. Use the app menu to delete. Make sure to do a backup, of course.
    After 8 months I also noticed a slow down so I took the easy route and overclocked my pre2 to get her back to speed but will soon be doing some house cleaning mentioned earlier in this thread

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship