Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    Palm Pre Outlook Sync Solution - Sync Notes, Tasks and More - PocketMirror Standard by Chapura

Sorry, we are closed.

Regretfully, we had to close our business effective July 18, 2012. Our products are no longer available for purchase. Thank you for your patronage over the last 15 years.

If you previously purchased a product, you may login and re-download here. There will be no product updates but we will continue to provide limited technical support as best we can on recently purchased products. The response time may not be what you have grown to expect from us and for that we apologize.

Alternative products to synchronize webOS or Palm OS

CompanionLink Software
    LivePIM Software

Alternative to PocketCopy

InfoMigrator for Outlook

This website will be available through July of 2014.

-------------------------------------

Another long-time Palm/WebOS developer bites the dust
    It's amazing how many other people and companies outside of HP can be affected by one man's stupidity and bad decision. I'm lookin' at you Leo.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Sad news. I used PocketMirror from the beginning, it was indispensable.
    I'm still in the migration away from Chapura Echo to Zarafa with EAS-Sync :
    Building your own cloud with Zarafa using EAS to sync

Calendarentries where easily converted by selecting Zarafa Calendar in the webOS Calendar. But Contacts is a bit harder.
    Ok... I'm nobody to say something about... I my case, the Echo was very expensive.

I know that is not easy create some software, and need money & time... for other side, the customers look the price before to buy some product or service.

The best service is not good to me, if I can't buy.

I believe that Echo realy worth... I only have no $ 39.00 to pay; so, the Echo was expensive to me.

The same way, I really apreciate the CompanionLink, but is very expensive to my reality.

I don't like the IPhonemania or Apple and; for other side, I cannot deny that has brought the mobile software values to other level, where the developer gain more selling to more people in lower values.

The Chapura has the chance to win in this market, because I know many peoples thas use the desktop to edit the mobile contacts, and like this solution.

I like the Chapura solutions... I just don't like the prices of this solutions...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    Palm Pre Outlook Sync Solution - Sync Notes, Tasks and More - PocketMirror Standard by Chapura

Sorry, we are closed.

This website will be available through July of 2014.
    I still use PocketMirror everyday to sync. What's going to happen after July 2014? Will my sync capability cease?
    has someone new informations?

I tried to contact Chapura support - no chance.

It might be possible for Chapura to modify their scripts to use Wifi-Sync wirhout verification at the Chapura-Servers until July 2014.

I want to use m Pre3 with Outlook after July 2014.

Can someone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Northface#WN View Post
    has someone new informations?

I tried to contact Chapura support - no chance.

It might be possible for Chapura to modify their scripts to use Wifi-Sync wirhout verification at the Chapura-Servers until July 2014.

I want to use m Pre3 with Outlook after July 2014.

Can someone help?
    are we going to be SOL after July? I use this app everyday.

do we need access to chapura's codebase to make the necessary mods? as I would be willing to financially support that effort if it can be achieved.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/03/2014 at 01:51 PM.
    Why would the app need to contact their server for you to wifi-sync your device to your pc? I would think the biggest problem would be if you have to reinstall if there is any kind of activation that depends on their website.
    i think it is needed as chapura sync checks correct account data: Chapura Echo for Palm Desktop 6.2.2 Review & Rating | PCMag.com

During the whole process, Chapura throws several warning dialogs about needing to be connected to the Internet. A company spokesperson assured me that the only reason for the connection is to check in with Chapura's servers during each sync. The app doesn't actually transmit anything aside from the username and password.
    I can remember having exact those probs with Echo while not having a internet connection.

Perhaps they will have a Chapura SyncManager version without account check before July:
    https://accounts.chapura.com/downloadCSM.php
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    i think it is needed as chapura sync checks correct account data: Chapura Echo for Palm Desktop 6.2.2 Review & Rating | PCMag.com

I can remember having exact those probs with Echo while not having a internet connection.

Perhaps they will have a Chapura SyncManager version without account check before July:
    https://accounts.chapura.com/downloadCSM.php
    Wow that is horrid!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/03/2014 at 01:51 PM.
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Wow that is horrid!
    I cannot agree more!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Hi there,

has someone the chance to contact Chapura?
    I tried with the known support-Email, but i've got a mail delivery failure.

It might be possible for the team of Chapura, to disable the email/license-verification before syncing.

if they disable syncing in july i have to switch to another platform (windows, blackberry) - but i want to continue with my pre3.

i hope somebody can help - i think there are a lot of people using pocketmirror with webOS

thanks
    Last edited by Northface#WN; 02/05/2014 at 10:59 AM.
    and up...
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I'm still using the Echo version 4.05 (by Chapura) to sync contacts and calendar (the Palm Desktop events - not Google, for example) from my Pre3 to my Palm Desktop. Worked fine last night.
    Palm III, Palm T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre+, hp Pre 3, Touchpad
    i'm using PocketMirror for my Pre 3 every day.
    Yes - it still working fine.

But the question is: What will happen after July 2014.

What will happen if Chapura shut down the server?
    Quote Originally Posted by Northface#WN View Post
    i'm using PocketMirror for my Pre 3 every day.
    Yes - it still working fine.

But the question is: What will happen after July 2014.

What will happen if Chapura shut down the server?
    Can it be configured to use another server? Does it just need a server or does there need to be a Chapura backend? If it's correct that this is just to check your id, then it's probably to check you're using a licensed copy.

I'm not quite sure of the strict legality of this suggestion, but if it's the case that Chapura no longer sell this software and are shutting off something that enables it to work...

Perhaps it would be technically possible to set up your own man-in the middle attack. Perform a sync and check the server response. Then maybe alter the preferences or patch the software to check in with your server which sends a standard "OK" response regardless.

It might be possible to use a host file to redirect requests to the Chapura server - perhaps even to a response from the device itself..? Pre sends request to Chapura -> Host file redirects -> mock server (remote or on device) says, "OK". This assumes the statement above about no sync data going through Chapura is correct.

I wait for someone who actually understands this to shoot me down in flames...
    On Sunday November 23rd, 2014, I started receiving the following error messages on Chapura SyncManager:

11/23/2014 09:41:01 - ERROR: MySQL Error: (2002) Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
    11/23/2014 09:41:01 - CcpSyncStatus:line 187
    11/23/2014 09:41:01 - CcpSyncTransaction:line 244
    11/23/2014 09:41:01 - CcpSyncContent:line 141
    11/23/2014 09:41:01 - CcpHttpServer:line 1609
    11/23/2014 09:41:01 - CcpHttpServer:line 1425
    11/23/2014 09:41:01 - CcpHttpServer:line 1698

Anyone else getting this? And, is there anything I can do about it?

I know, I've probably been pushing my luck relying on Chapura (on my Pre3) for so long, but it's been a great app for me thru the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by mypalmpred View Post
    On Sunday November 23rd, 2014, I started receiving the following error messages on Chapura SyncManager:

11/23/2014 09:41:01 - ERROR: MySQL Error: (2002) Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

I know, I've probably been pushing my luck relying on Chapura (on my Pre3) for so long, but it's been a great app for me thru the years.
    yes - same problem since sunday evening.
    Sunday morning the sync still works.

Login on Chapura-Website isn't possible and the support-site is also down
    DB Error: connect failed

I hope it's only a smal problem with the database - otherwise they shpuld give an info at the startpage of their homepage.

I know, it's a great luck, that we can use the sync for such a long time after closing, but i think the should continue - because i think the only thing they have to do is running a sql-sever anywhere.

If syncing is over now, my time with my PRE3 is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by mypalmpred View Post

I am getting the same message. The server is still there, just an error on the server. I hope they will fix it or allow us to operate without the server.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast