Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes
    If you are looking for a local based not "external cloud service" option look for eg. for owncloud which can be synced with C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud

Contacs can be exported easily via Export all your contacts | webOS Nation (get best results for .vcf if you install contacs patch in the first post of C+DAV thread, before exporting). After that an import to an another groupware solution should be possible.

Calendar events can be "relabled" manually in the device, if the other connector is already installed.
    taken from Building your own cloud with Zarafa using EAS to sync

Calendar (on the fly):
    ----------------------
    * Nice thing is in calendar you can change the events from other accounts to zarafa (another calendar service) when hitting the account selection button.
    * This will delete the event in the old account (google/palm profile...) and add it as new into zarafa (another calendar service) .

If you like to keep it in the other account as backup for now, you could also select 'Edit as new Event' in Ubercalendar to create an identical copy and change account in this one.
    YEAH - it's working again.

Thanks to Chapura
    Quote Originally Posted by Northface#WN View Post
    If syncing is over now, my time with my PRE3 is over.
    Yes, me too. And that will be a very sad day indeed, especially since I recently replaced my old Pre3 with a NIB one I discovered on ebay.
    Hey, it works again !
    Don't know what happened but it's working again for me, too (had same error messages).
    Palm III, Palm T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre+, hp Pre 3, Touchpad
    Chapura sync started giving me errors again yesterday. No syncing right now. Anyone else expeiencing problem?
    Yes, same here: I turned on the PC this morning and SyncManager is giving this error message in log:

04/04/2015 17:36:42 - ERROR: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
    04/04/2015 17:36:42 - at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    04/04/2015 17:36:42 - CcpHttpServer:line 1975
    04/04/2015 17:36:42 - CcpHttpServer:line 1425
    04/04/2015 17:36:42 - CcpHttpServer:line 1698
    04/04/2015 17:36:42 - -->ERROR: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
    04/04/2015 17:36:42 - at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendAuthResetSignal(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest, Exception exception)

All day its' little icon in my tray has been red. I have been having network issues so initially I thought it was this and occasionally SnycManager will be temperamental but it usually clears itself up after a restart. Not today it seems.
    I will be really peeved if it doesn't start working again soon. I'm not ready to give up the Pre3 yet, it's still got a lot of life left in it and I rely on Pocket Mirror to sync it back to Outlook. I have been using Chapura since my first Palm (Professional and IIIxe), it has worked flawlessly. I had some issues when I used it on the Touchpad but it was working fine (although the Calendar stopped working right at some point last year).

Anyway, if anyone is still out there paying attention and knows of what to try (or just commiserate), please chime in; I need my Pre3 to be able to talk to Outlook 2010.
    cert expired?
    Well crap.
    That really ham-strings my usage of the Pre3 with my Outlook. Having my Pre3 able to connect to Outlook to manage the Calendar, Tasks and Notes is very important. Time to stat looking for alternate programs/methods.

Thanks for the information in the link.
    Try Companionlink, I haven't tried it for webOS in a year or so, but should still work. I have all the old versions if it if for some reason the new versions don't work with it.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 04/08/2015 at 06:44 PM.
    just tried companionlink, and its just weird. Only sync'd notes. Note nearly as user friendly on the webos data entry side as chapura. And syncing is just bizarre, with the user having to navigate in and out of USB mode on the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Okay, I just tried GSyncit after finding/downloading Noted Beta app in Preware. This is a very interesting solution and may work for me, especially since my contacts, emails & calendar items are now delivered to my Pre3 via Zimbra's email solution (mentioned above). GSyncit gives me the missing piece: Notes.

So, here's what I did.

First, Installed Noted Beta from Preware (which syncs with SimpleNote.com)
    Second, Registered an account on SimpleNote.com
    Third, Downloaded/Installed GSyncit (trial version allows u unlimited syncing of upto 50 notes)
    Fourth, Used GSyncit to sync my notes beween Outlook & SimpleNote.com
    Fifth, setup Noted Beta on Pre3 to login to SimpleNote account
    Sixth, sync'd Noted Beta with SimpleNote

Voila, I now have my Outlook Notes on my Pre3. And with Zimbra, I no longer need Outlook on my PC
    Quote Originally Posted by mypalmpred View Post
    just tried companionlink, and its just weird. Only sync'd notes. Note nearly as user friendly on the webos data entry side as chapura. And syncing is just bizarre, with the user having to navigate in and out of USB mode on the pre.
    Companionlink definitely syncs Outlook tasks, calendar, contacts and notes. I used to do it all the time and still use it for Android. It is not as seem less as PocketMirror, and I've found the manual wireless sync to have problems with automatic syncing, it still works (also works with many other desktop PIMs other than Outlook).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12