Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fxspec06
  • 1 Post By Jake_M
  1.    #1  
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyo
    We’re excited to announce that Enyo 2 is officially moving out of beta! Today’s release marks a major milestone as we declare Enyo 2 production-ready, from both a functionality and quality point of view.

Back in January, we launched enyojs.com and open-sourced Enyo 1. At the same time, we released the first beta of Enyo 2. Whereas Enyo 1 had targeted webOS, Enyo 2 was rewritten from the ground up to enable truly cross-platform development, supporting mobile and desktop browsers from iOS to IE8.

That first Enyo 2 beta was pretty minimal, but we were excited to share it with the world, start developing in the open, and begin building a new community of Enyo developers.

Now, less than 6 months later, Enyo 2 boasts an an amazing community of developers, a broad set of cross-platform UI widgets, and a powerful layout library for building apps that work across all form factors from phones to desktops.

Since January, we’ve seen Enyo apps developed for virtually every platform, and submitted to nearly all of the major app stores. Equally exciting, we’ve seen over 50 add-on libraries and plugins added to the Enyo Community Gallery. We’re thrilled with your support and investment in Enyo, and we can’t wait to see the great places you’ll take it next!
    More details and official blog post here:
    Enyo 2 Exits Beta | The Enyo Blog
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

the enyo2 sampler alone gets me excited weirdly enough.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    This is great news. Now I might start developing mashing keys in enyo 2 instead of enyo 1. (When I say mashing keys that's a slight overstatement, I really am hopeless . )

Edit: has anyone noticed that on the (new?) front page of enyo (enyojs.com) the section that lists apps that says "Develop apps for: " It doesn't have webOS there, and it only gives webOS tier 2 priority support, after android, iOS and the browsers in tier 1.
    Last edited by jm2011; 07/18/2012 at 02:40 PM.
    Touchpad 16GB 3.0.5
    Pre 2 2.2.4
    as long as the apps run on any platform were covered, im not too fussed how they wrap the packaging/presentation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jm2011 View Post
    This is great news. Now I might start developing mashing keys in enyo 2 instead of enyo 1. (When I say mashing keys that's a slight overstatement, I really am hopeless . )

Edit: has anyone noticed that on the (new?) front page of enyo (enyojs.com) the section that lists apps that says "Develop apps for: " It doesn't have webOS there, and it only gives webOS tier 2 priority support, after android, iOS and the browsers in tier 1.
    That annoys me too, but I would hope that that will change once Open webOS is closer or available.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    has anyone noticed that on the (new?) front page of enyo (enyojs.com) the section that lists apps that says "Develop apps for: " It doesn't have webOS there, and it only gives webOS tier 2 priority support, after android, iOS and the browsers in tier 1.
    The main page does not even list webOS in the 'Develop apps for:'-list

Uh, looks like bad news to me.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutsKohl View Post
    The main page does not even list webOS in the 'Develop apps for:'-list

Uh, looks like bad news to me.
    That doesn't mean you can't develop apps for it.

I don't see how you can call that bad news. Just because water isn't on the menu at a restaurant doesn't mean you can't order it.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Jake_M likes this.
    But it does mean that they are placing less emphasis on webOS than they are placing on other platforms, which I suppose is the way that they are moving, a cross-platform javascript framework that just happens to work on webOS.
    Touchpad 16GB 3.0.5
    Pre 2 2.2.4
    But it does mean that they are placing less emphasis on webOS than they are placing on other platforms, which I suppose is the way that they are moving, a cross-platform javascript framework that just happens to work on webOS.
    well if its used and taken up by IOS/android devs then hopefully there would be less of a reason to leave webOS users in the cold if theres little work to be done to give us our version of the app.
    good point, that way Enyo is just the vehicle to bring us apps to our OS. There will be enough guys to take care of getting it run smoothly on webOS. It can't be worse than Enyo1 stock-apps like telephone on 2.2.4., once our dedicated community takes care of it, instead of either a overwhelmed or a uninteressed company.
    Bigger question, how long will it take for webOS Internals or webOS Ports or someone to compile a ipk and get it in preware to install on our devices (phones and touchpads)....
    Bigger question, how long will it take for webOS Internals or webOS Ports or someone to compile a ipk and get it in preware to install on our devices (phones and touchpads)....
    it doesn't need to be installed, as it can be included with the apps that need it

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Enyo 2 is a small package and is used for developing applications. You can't simply upgrade from Enyo 1 -> 2 and get a new UI. You'd have to change names, and Enyo 2 works a bit differently etc. But there's plenty of Enyo 2 applications already in the webOS App Catalog for the Touchpad, look up fxspec06's apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    fxspec06 likes this.