Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By bluenote
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  • 2 Post By RumoredNow
  1.    #1  
    Here's the article link, this guy wrote the businessweek column on tech for many years. The point here is that many in the know have a great deal of respect for webOS, this story is far from over:

Microsoft Surface Reveals the Cost of HP’s webOS Folly | TechPinions
    Last edited by bluenote; 06/21/2012 at 01:28 PM.
    Balooz, marcedhk, Rnp and 2 others like this.
    seemingly accurate breakdown, good read.
    HP’s purchase of Palm in early 2010 was a strategic move by PSG chief Todd Bradley and then CEO Mark Hurd both to move HP into the increasingly important smartphone market and to win a measure of independence from Microsoft.
    Is that already so long ago?

In the end Luci... um Leo will get his way after all: HP gone from the consumer market, due to the ever declining and unprofitable PC market and no foothold in the mobile tablet/smartphone market to speak of. Enterprise business the last relevant thing left. And I can only hope the printer business is going down too, those bloodsuckers.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    And I can only hope the printer business is going down too, those bloodsuckers.
    What's a printer???

(Oh you mean that 18" X 18" X 12" shelf place holder, that has a dual purpose of paper holder and ink cartridge dryer? Yep got one of those)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    cujoq37 likes this.
    Nothing new here but a good read. I dream Meg has some earth shaking WebOS announcement planned in an attempt to save HP. Aint going to happen though.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Very nice article... Of course I left a Pro webOS comment.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    bluenote and Rnp like this.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Very nice article... Of course I left a Pro webOS comment.
    thsnks, if yours is the openmobile quote I like it.

The key point of the article for me is showing how there is still a great deal of respect for webOS from veteran tech people. he calls webos highly promising while still realistically saying it needs a lot of work, he thinks the work will pay off and makes sense to do. HP, more than ever, needs to figure how how to take webos forward or they may find themselves with no mobile presence.

"The key was webOS, a rough-edged but highly promising operating system."