Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
Like Tree5Likes
  1. rothoof's Avatar
    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
       #1  
    So I was watching the Verges live blog of the apple event and saw it. This messaging icon looks exactly like the one on webOS
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. #2  
    Maybe the blue balloon is one shade darker than webOS version? THAT would make it TOTALLY new and different...and of course, cool...it is APPLE isn't it?

    BTW, since when did magsafe connectors become cool? I thought they were the stupidest things when they came out on the Veer...at least, that's what you heard.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  3. #3  
    I like that connector The only thing it really needed was a cover to keep all the random shrapnel out of it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  4. rothoof's Avatar
    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I like that connector The only thing it really needed was a cover to keep all the random shrapnel out of it.
    i dont get it...
  5. #5  
    Check out the notifcation in the corner for the message. New to iOS. Lifted directly from WebOS!
  6. #6  
    If you think thats bad, compare their "Reminders" app to our "Tasks" app; similar icons and even the same dark leather texture throughout the app! Looks like Cupertino's photocopiers are running at full speed. Which webOS feature is next? Just Type? Cards? And to think they call Android a "Stolen product"
  7. rothoof's Avatar
    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
       #7  
    FIrst picture is of a Mac, second is a touchpad, just in case nobody realized that
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    i dont get it...
    It's magnetic...so any shrapnel nearby might cling to the adapter surface coupling on the Veer making it hard to get a good connection for inductive charging...which is why Tony Stark switched to a Veer after the explosion...
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by immovablesoup View Post
    If you think thats bad, compare their "Reminders" app to our "Tasks" app; similar icons and even the same dark leather texture throughout the app! Looks like Cupertino's photocopiers are running at full speed. Which webOS feature is next? Just Type? Cards? And to think they call Android a "Stolen product"
    what the hell is this "Tasks" app that I keep hearing people talk about? I've got almost a half dozen webOS devices here, and I've never seen a Tasks app
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    what the hell is this "Tasks" app that I keep hearing people talk about? I've got almost a half dozen webOS devices here, and I've never seen a Tasks app
    Try using Just Type and type in tasks.... My Pre 2 suggests it after just inputting t-a-s.

    It's a "To Do" list with check off boxes.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Try using Just Type and type in tasks.... My Pre 2 suggests it after just inputting t-a-s.

    It's a "To Do" list with check off boxes.
    Just found it thanks to your post.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Try using Just Type and type in tasks.... My Pre 2 suggests it after just inputting t-a-s.

    It's a "To Do" list with check off boxes.
    Does anyone ever found out, why the task app never made its way to the TouchPad WebOS 3.0 ? I think that it was silly for not to be included on the list, specially since it was meant to be a tablet for doing task and productivity kind of device. If the iPad has reminders (similar stolen functionality of WebOS task app), why WebOS 3.0 doesny have that feature, well another mystery that will never get answered. I guess that I will qualify it as another blunt mistake of HP part.....for me is easy to blame HP for everything.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by immovablesoup View Post
    If you think thats bad, compare their "Reminders" app to our "Tasks" app; similar icons and even the same dark leather texture throughout the app! Looks like Cupertino's photocopiers are running at full speed. Which webOS feature is next? Just Type? Cards? And to think they call Android a "Stolen product"
    I sense a new revenue stream for HP - sue Apple for all the bits of webos they have stolen. I hear they have quite a bit of cash so maybe they will settle. Then put that money straight into whats left of the webos division.

    you're welcome hp. Please send my commission in cash.

    .
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    Does anyone ever found out, why the task app never made its way to the TouchPad WebOS 3.0 ? I think that it was silly for not to be included on the list, specially since it was meant to be a tablet for doing task and productivity kind of device. If the iPad has reminders (similar stolen functionality of WebOS task app), why WebOS 3.0 doesny have that feature, well another mystery that will never get answered. I guess that I will qualify it as another blunt mistake of HP part.....for me is easy to blame HP for everything.

    not sure why it ddn't make it, but it is pretty annoying. I haven't found a task app i like (i have taskr, but its a bit to simple) so I tend to use a memo app, or something like meorg!
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    FIrst picture is of a Mac, second is a touchpad, just in case nobody realized that
    And how does that make it different? An icon is an icon, no matter what device we're talking about.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    And how does that make it different? An icon is an icon, no matter what device we're talking about.
    It is NOT different and that is the OP's point. He has a pic from iOS and one from the Touchpad to show how they are pixel for pixel indistinguishable.

    Next up: Apple sues the estate of Alexander Graham Bell regarding his use of a device to transmit voice over a distance.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
    Rockbeast likes this.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    It is NOT different and that is the OP's point. He has a pic from iOS and one from the Touchpad to show how they are pixel for pixel indistinguishable.

    Next up: Apple sues the estate of Alexander Graham Bell regarding his use of a device to transmit voice over a distance.
    Yes, and to belabor the point further, this shows that Apple ISN'T unique, isn't innovative, didn't come up with everything first. Isn't special. But people may look at this notification...then if they see that icon on, say, a webOS phone or tablet, they will say "see, everyone else copies Apple, that's an apple notifications icon". That's frustrating.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  18. #18  
    Considering that Jon Rubinstein worked for Apple before he went to Palm to develop WebOS, who really knows who's copying who?
  19. #19  
    If palm had come out with icons embeded in square with rounded corners apple would have been suing already. Ask samsung
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    Considering that Jon Rubinstein worked for Apple before he went to Palm to develop WebOS, who really knows who's copying who?
    So... Apple had that look for Messaging in 2007 when Rubinstein moved to Palm, Palm implemented it and Apple sat on the look of the icon for 5 years to dust it off and bring it to iOS?

    Sounds like a Lawyer-ish argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry201 View Post
    All this over an icon? All this who copied who in the mobile world is pure nonsense.
    It is nonsense... I think we are just trying to point out who is perpetuating such nonsense. Apple is worrying Samsung over Unified Search?!?! Isn't that a basic function of computing systems that has been existent for a long time? Is it about the input method? Voice command has been around for a long time...

    I tried to point out how nonsensical it is with my Alexander Graham Bell joke.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions