Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crabbz View Post
    I've been looking at android phones lately and noticed the same thing. My pre+ is the first phone I had with a ringer switch and I've found myself using it all the time. It's incredibly convenient, every phone should have one! I can't find any android phones with a ringer switch so I'm still rocking my pre+.
    WOW, I can't believe they are making smartphones without a mute switch, that is so freakin stupid i can't even fathom.

I drive to work, as I get out the car flip the mute switch with my Pre3 in it's soft case, drop it in my pocket and roll. Easy and no worries of any alerts going off when I walk into the office. I know webOS missed a lot, and a lot of folks say it doesn't have the tools to be used for work/business. But how can anyone defend not having a silent ringer switch on a business/enterprise capable devise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    LONG LIVE THE PRE3 !!!!
    HECK YEAH BUDDY!!!!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry201 View Post
    Is it really that difficult to just you the volume button? There is a marketing term for this sort of thing but I can't remember it.
    Not the same, sorry.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Is it really that difficult to just you the volume button? There is a marketing term for this sort of thing but I can't remember it.
    You still have to unlock the device to use the volume button, no? It isn't that it's difficult, it's just a lot less convenient. I often just reach in my pocket and flip the switch without removing the phone. Can't do that if you have to unlock the phone first. The ringer switch is just one of those simple features that spoils you.
    As I said in my initial post, my phone is in it's soft case usually sitting on the seat next to me. When playing a podcast with BT, I have no need to access the phone display (deck controls play/pause and has caller ID). So when I hope out the car I don't need to unlock, look at display etc, I just flip the switch.

As I said before in an enterprise market I would think this feature to be standard as it has been for well over 5 years. Maybe it's the mass market smartphones have hit at this point that have changed this. Back in the day, the smartphone was for enterprise first. Important people that were making good money and using it as a primary business device. These folks would walk into a meeting and need a quick easy and sure fire way to mute notifications. These days smartphones are for the mass market, so maybe that is where some of that got lost. I've just never known a mute switch to be a high failure point on any device, seems like a silly feature to remove.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345