Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 84
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by nusome4 View Post
    And in your experience you can count on one hand how many times you have seen someone use a browser besides Internet Explorer. I need a second opinion.
    Yes
  2. 11B1P's Avatar
    Posts
    178 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,203 Global Posts
    #62  
    to the op, I jumped ship last July from my Pre Plus to an WP7 HTC Trophy. As much as I loved webOS, it as becoming apparent I wasn't going to see a Pre 3. Really the big thing I miss is having the mobile hotspot.

    The gps works flawlessly compared to my Pre.

    Larger screen.

    Nice software UI.

    Since I still have a TP, I still get to use webOS.

    At least with WP7, you know you have dev support. As time goes on, I predict webOS devs will fade out.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Don't get confused. I am saying that the operating system, not the iphone is playing catchup. For god sakes they just got the ability to delete just one entry from the call log without deleting the whole thing. How could you cheat with that thing? Come on now
    So this big bunch of baloney is over the ability to delete one call because cheaters were stuck with a full call log? How about the phone bill itself?

    And then tapping to get apps open that actually work?
    Last edited by rnld; 06/03/2012 at 03:15 PM.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    So this big bunch of baloney is over the ability to delete one call because cheaters were stuck with a full call log? How about the phone bill itself?

    And then tapping to get apps open that actually work?
    Ever heard of paperless bills? If the iphone has a flaw its trivial.

    Why would I want a phone that takes five steps to change a setting. First it was the androids now its the iphone people coming in here defending that dinosaur of an os
  5. gregp's Avatar
    Posts
    265 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
       #65  
    Help: App Catalog (UK) not accessible and not able to update apps

    As if I needed another reason to hate HP.
  6. #66  
    Just read that one can't even attach a document to email with an iphone, in the year 2012. My god: http://www.imore.com/2012/05/31/high...g-fruit-ios-6/
  7. #67  
    Can somebody with a iphone confirm if iPhone can do email attachments or not. Who cares about tablets, I don't carry tablets around in my pocket
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry201 View Post
    You can email attachments on all ios devices. The difference is you have to initiate the email in the app that has the file. There is no file system exposed to the user so you can't create an email and add an attachment. That does not bother me since I always email links to my files through dropbox or skydrive. For eg. To send a PDF file you can open any of the number of PDF readers and email the file as an attachment.

    On my android phone I can add attachments to emails just like a pc.
    So how does iphone handle multiple attachments?
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Just read that one can't even attach a document to email with an iphone, in the year 2012. My god: http://www.imore.com/2012/05/31/high...g-fruit-ios-6/
    You seem to base much of your iOS knowledge on this one article (at least this week)
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    You seem to base much of your iOS knowledge on this one article (at least this week)
    No. I have a girlfriend who is married and used to brag about her iphone. Until she discovered she could not delete just one call so it would not look so suspicious if her call log is always empty. They fixed that recently, sigh

    Also the reason I used Bluetooth as an example before is that I have no less than four Bluetooth devices so all these steps to interact with my Bluetooth preferences would be too much for me. I went o show her how my new new Jabra halo works an was instantly annoyed at how hard it was, lot of steps.

    She was going to a job with an email open with the address etc, she called me saying she wanted to throw her phone because the screen wen off and the email was gone. Maybe she didn't know what she was doing but that would never happen with webOS phone.

    So to me I want my phone to do the things I do the most easily. and iphone does not and webOS does.

    What are the I do the most? Go back, go the something else, reference something else, email, messaging, phone calls, I do these things every day, not netflix, taking pictures etc., video calls etc

    Also with this latest version of the software I was wanting to see if I could use one but it still sucked.

    I have enough hands on to know I don't want one
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post

    So to me I want my phone to do the things I do the most easily. and iphone does not and webOS does.

    What are the I do the most? Go back, go the something else, reference something else, email, messaging, phone calls, I do these things every day, not netflix, taking pictures etc., video calls etc

    Also with this latest version of the software I was wanting to see if I could use one but it still sucked.

    I have enough hands on to know I don't want one
    The vast majority of WebOS users on a mobile phone never made it past version 1.4.5.1. This is what they know about WebOS on a mobile phone. This included the Pre, Pixi, Pre Plus and Pixi Plus.

    By the time the Pre 2 was brought to the market, there weren't many buyers in comparison. The iPhone 4 was in the marketplace for 6 months and the EVO for 7 months before the Pre 2. The interest in the Pre 2 was minimal.

    The Pre 3 was never officially released in the US.

    There aren't a bunch of off contract or coming off contract WebOS mobile phone users thinking they are leaving the most advanced OS out there.
    SnotBoogie likes this.
  12. #72  
    No doubt the future of webOS is bleak, but to come in here and deny what palm did on the software front is just beyond me. I mean with every release of software versions for other platforms webOS always comes up.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    No doubt the future of webOS is bleak, but to come in here and deny what palm did on the software front is just beyond me. I mean with every release of software versions for other platforms webOS always comes up.
    Yeah - How to avoid a costly failure.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    I ran into the what if thoughts myself but I have experience with droid and iphone

    lots of my friends come to me with they own platform problems thinking I can fix it for them...

    in reality mobile OSes are the win3.1 of today...none of them are perfect....all uses have there own horror stories....so I figure stay with what makes you happy 90% of the time.....my opinion
    This is an excellent point. I do want to get a WP to play with, but I am really trying to go off contract once this contract is up.... if last July I had known what August would bring I would have waited and never signed the contract. Both the wife and I are using phones other than what we got under contract...

    Still using webOS and plan on using it as our daily phones for quite some time. I have yet to have a need to jump to another phone, 90% of the time or more I am just as happy with webOS and my Pre3, probably would be less than 90% with the other OS's.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    Yeah - How to avoid a costly failure.
    NO. More more like kooky here...now they have this or that, not a good as webOS, but its ok. Except for apple's attempt at multi-tasking that is
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    NO. More more like kooky here...now they have this or that, not a good as webOS, but its ok. Except for apple's attempt at multi-tasking that is
    Here's idea to close this out.

    Don't get an iPhone. I don't have one.
  17. #77  
    I've been using Android since the G1, and I've used an iPhone a couple times, too, and that's pretty much been my experience with smartphones so far. That is, until I got my Palm Pre 2. I don't remember the last time I had this much fun with a phone. What I'm saying is that webOS, as a system, is remarkable and definitely stands on its own merits. And with Open Mobile bringing Android compatibility to webOS in the coming months, as well as the Phoenix project team, the OS looks like it will be getting some life breathed back into it.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  18. gregp's Avatar
    Posts
    265 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
       #78  
    Thanks Lisalover1. That's the kind of experience I was looking for. It's not specific to particular features but it does at least give a broad impression which is equally valuable.

    Since I started this thread my App Catalog died and I've played with a few Android phones in stores, mainly the Samsung Galaxy S2 and S3. Why are phones these days almost as big as a tablet? I'm currently using a Veer again, wow an unbelievably powerful little thing as I've always felt. And at least the Veer doesn't have the pre3 cuts out and reboots randomly problem on 3G. Notwithstanding it's been interesting looking at Android. It seems Android ICS is the closest I'd get to having a webOS-ey feel to it. You can swipe away entries in your call log, there's a task manager that is basically a vertical version of cards and you can again swipe away apps you want to close. It's not as slick as webOS, which isn't surprising, but it would probably work. And at least if some major bug emerged it's likely to be addressed quick smart. So if I was going to move I think I'd go in that direction.

    However one thing that has emerged is the almost universal lack of a mute switch! Since the Treo days I've always loved being able to flick my phone onto silent when going into a meeting. With the Veer, it's so small it can fit in the coin pocket on my jeans and with the ringer switch at the top you hardly have to think about it. But even the Pre 3 in a side-hung case as I have, the mute switch is easily accessible. What a backward step to have to either:

    * 1) pull out a (rather sizeable) phone, 2) press power button, 3) swipe to unlock, 4) swipe down from the top to open the device menu, and 5) press the Mute icon; or
    * do 1) (and possibly 2 and 3) and turn the volume down until it gets down to zero, and then have to remember what the last setting was afterwards; or
    * get the HTC something which goes onto silent when you lay it face down. Great idea, pull out this phone that's half the size of a TV and clunk it on the boardroom table, just to make it go silent. Nice and discreet, NOT!

    Compare that to... reach down unobtrusively and flick a switch. I know the iPhone has one but it's on the side rather than the top of the device.

    So, so far I'm still here. I'm sure I'll be a lot happier once the app catalog comes back to life and (hopefully) once a firmware fix is out for the Pre 3's modem. Though in the big picture all the other issues I raised in my first post would still be there so I'll see how things feel once the dust settles.
  19. crabbz's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    However one thing that has emerged is the almost universal lack of a mute switch! Since the Treo days I've always loved being able to flick my phone onto silent when going into a meeting. ...
    I've been looking at android phones lately and noticed the same thing. My pre+ is the first phone I had with a ringer switch and I've found myself using it all the time. It's incredibly convenient, every phone should have one! I can't find any android phones with a ringer switch so I'm still rocking my pre+.
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    This is an excellent point. I do want to get a WP to play with, but I am really trying to go off contract once this contract is up.... if last July I had known what August would bring I would have waited and never signed the contract. Both the wife and I are using phones other than what we got under contract...

    Still using webOS and plan on using it as our daily phones for quite some time. I have yet to have a need to jump to another phone, 90% of the time or more I am just as happy with webOS and my Pre3, probably would be less than 90% with the other OS's.
    LONG LIVE THE PRE3 !!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions