Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 84
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Apple is mostly into hardware, screens camera etc. Their products are basically running the same software as the original iphone.

    They are always playing catch up and the users have to beg them to make changes and they do it eventually kicking and screaming. And then brag about it
    iOS 5.1 is the same as the original iPhone? This is not remotely true.

    You must really have an issue with WebOS running petty much the same software as the original Pre.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    iOS 5.1 is the same as the original iPhone? This is not remotely true.

    You must really have an issue with WebOS running petty much the same software as the original Pre.
    Yes, its basically they same thing. They keep patching it up and it still sucks.

    They "fixed" notifications and it still suck, they added "multi-tasking" and that sucks too.

    In general ios is not as simple and easy as people lead us to believe. Go try to turn on Bluetooth and see how long it takes you compared to webOS.

    No I don't have a problem with webOS running the same software because it was way ahead of it's time and in many ways is still superior to the latest versions of the other os out there
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    In general ios is not as simple and easy as people lead us to believe. Go try to turn on Bluetooth and see how long it takes you compared to webOS.
    My wife has a first generation iPod Touch from 2007. Turning on and connecting to wifi is seamless - close to instant.

    It blows the doors off WebOS in terms of usability, speed and stability. This is a 5 year old device!

    I am a long time Palm user and my wife even longer (back to the vx).

    How and why people think that WebOS is superior to iOS is a mystery to me. It's like they have never used iOS or just like to tinker - opening up tons of slow, buggy cards.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    They are always playing catch up and the users have to beg them to make changes and they do it eventually kicking and screaming. And then brag about it
    What features are you talking about?

    WebOS and the Pre were brought to the marketplace 2 years after the original iPhone, The iPhone was on the 3rd generation when WebOS and the Pre hit the market.

    The iPhone 4 came out just 5 months after the Pre Plus. The Pre plus was still on 1.3 software.

    WebOS was way behind the curve. The Pre 2 didn't hit the market in Feb 2011, the same year the iPhone 4S hit the market.

    Still looking for the WebOS innovation. Not that it doesn't have potential.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    What features are you talking about?

    WebOS and the Pre were brought to the marketplace 2 years after the original iPhone, The iPhone was on the 3rd generation when WebOS and the Pre hit the market.

    The iPhone 4 came out just 5 months after the Pre Plus. The Pre plus was still on 1.3 software.

    WebOS was way behind the curve. The Pre 2 didn't hit the market in Feb 2011, the same year the iPhone 4S hit the market.

    Still looking for the WebOS innovation. Not that it doesn't have potential.
    I.m confused, what does all of this mean. I cant believe were having this conversation when everyone know ios is a dinosaur, of all the operating systems it is the oldest and the worst, the one that requires the most steps: tap,tap, double tap,tap.

    So here is Steve Jobs admitting playing catchup in regards to multi-tasking in a round about kinda way:

    “We weren’t first to the party, but we’re gonna be the best.” and “We’re providing seven multitasking services. First: background audio streaming. Pandora is great, but until now if you left Pandora to go to another app, the music would stop. Not anymore!” http://mashable.com/2010/04/08/iphon...-multitasking/

    and here he is again I think at the antenna gate event clearly acknowledging webos:

    "And we're pretty good at making software, we showed that in the iPod... other people are good at it too, like Palm, but we brought great software to the smartphone space" http://www.webosnation.com/steve-job...aking-software

    And here you are refusing to acknowledge the obvious and talking about webos being behind the curve.

    By the way, how long has it been since you stopped plugging up to your pc to get you some itunes syncing on the sorry excuse you call ios? I think you would do better convincing the guys over at the iphone site about the greatness of ios.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I.m confused, what does all of this mean. I cant believe were having this conversation when everyone know ios is a dinosaur, of all the operating systems it is the oldest and the worst, the one that requires the most steps: tap,tap, double tap,tap.
    Really??

    Apple takes top spot in J.D. Power smartphone ratings five years in a row | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

    Read the article and explain to me why for 5 years straight the iPhone has taken the top spot? Since the iPhone has been out people have loved it and rated it highest in overall usability. Or, are we to believe what the very few people on webOS Nation have to say about phone usability?

    I prefer manual transmission cars, but do you know how difficult it is to go out and find a car that has a manual transmission? Car and Driver magazine has a campaign going thats called "save the manuals" because they foresee manual transmission cars going away.

    But, you know what's funny? I don't hate on the masses for not wanting to shift gears manually and I don't blame the car manufacturers for making what the masses want.

    So, stop hating on Apple for making products that are simple and just work. That's what the masses want. It's simple business. And survey after survey backs it up that the iPhone has the best overall usability compared to any other smartphone.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by nusome4 View Post
    Really??

    Apple takes top spot in J.D. Power smartphone ratings five years in a row | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

    Read the article and explain to me why for 5 years straight the iPhone has taken the top spot? Since the iPhone has been out people have loved it and rated it highest in overall usability. Or, are we to believe what the very few people on webOS Nation have to say about phone usability?

    I prefer manual transmission cars, but do you know how difficult it is to go out and find a car that has a manual transmission? Car and Driver magazine has a campaign going thats called "save the manuals" because they foresee manual transmission cars going away.

    But, you know what's funny? I don't hate on the masses for not wanting to shift gears manually and I don't blame the car manufacturers for making what the masses want.

    So, stop hating on Apple for making products that are simple and just work. That's what the masses want. It's simple business. And survey after survey backs it up that the iPhone has the best overall usability compared to any other smartphone.
    Yes, really. The majority of people using their stick shift iPhone don't know know about the automatic pre series.

    Seriously tho, you should know that popular does not mean best. Rhyanna is popular, don't you think there's at least a million women in church who can sing circles around her and never made a dime because they never had the opportunity.

    Pc better than mac? Explorer better than Firefox, opera? You know how many people never tried another browser to know if its better
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Yes, really. The majority of people using their stick shift iPhone don't know know about the automatic pre series.

    Seriously tho, you should know that popular does not mean best. Rhyanna is popular, don't you think there's at least a million women in church who can sing circles around her and never made a dime because they never had the opportunity.

    Pc better than mac? Explorer better than Firefox, opera? You know how many people never tried another browser to know if its better
    That survey was not about popularity, but usability. If it were about popularity it would be Android.

    Just to give you an example, Lexus is overall the best car in initial quality according to JD Power. BUT, they are nowhere near the best selling automobile.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Yes, really. The majority of people using their stick shift iPhone don't know know about the automatic pre series.
    Someone else posted that you need to install preware, turn off logs, overclock, patch, change kernel etc etc on the Pre.

    How is that automatic for the average user? The iPhone doesn't require any of that out of the box...it just works.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Pc better than mac? Explorer better than Firefox, opera? You know how many people never tried another browser to know if its better
    PC always outsold Macs because Macs always had a much higher starting price than PCs.

    Your browser analogy is way out of date...

    Browser Statistics
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by nusome4 View Post
    That survey was not about popularity, but usability. If it were about popularity it would be Android.

    Just to give you an example, Lexus is overall the best car in initial quality according to JD Power. BUT, they are nowhere near the best selling automobile.
    Lexus is a bad example, that has to do with price. Usability means nothing, people will defend what they have, especially iphone users who bought it because its a iphone. How would they know if the operating system sucks if they don't know what an operating system is, much less compare it to something as smooth as webOS. Webos what?
  12. #52  
    Don't get confused. I am saying that the operating system, not the iphone is playing catchup. For god sakes they just got the ability to delete just one entry from the call log without deleting the whole thing. How could you cheat with that thing? Come on now
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Lexus is a bad example, that has to do with price. Usability means nothing, people will defend what they have, especially iphone users who bought it because its a iphone. How would they know if the operating system sucks if they don't know what an operating system is, much less compare it to something as smooth as webOS. Webos what?
    People don't defend what they have if it sucks. Did you forget how many people returned the original Pre because of all the hardware issues? Why didn't they keep it and defend it?

    People don't know what an OS is???

    Apple takes top spot in J.D. Power smartphone ratings five years in a row | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

    I could have swore I saw a chart listing for Operating Systems in that survey and iOS got 5 starts and Palm only got 3. Spin it however you want. BUT, if it were Palm that had 5 stars and iOS that had 3 stars you wouldn't say a word.
  14. #54  
    I don't think mac lost because price. I can count on one hand the times I saw people using anything other than explorer, probly living a sheltered life
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Don't get confused. I am saying that the operating system, not the iphone is playing catchup. For god sakes they just got the ability to delete just one entry from the call log without deleting the whole thing. How could you cheat with that thing? Come on now
    See, I have never had a reason to delete just one entry from my call log. But, I do love watching Netflix on my iPad. I guess we both have different priorities when using devices.
  16. #56  
    We here on forums are nerds, from my experience most people know very little about operating systems. I bet if you asked most iphone users what os its running they would get it wrong and say "iphone?"
  17. #57  
    I returned about 4 original pre and I am still here defending webOS. Wouldn't want an iphone if it was free, not with the current software anyway.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I don't think mac lost because price. I can count on one hand the times I saw people using anything other than explorer, probly living a sheltered life
    I didn't know Macs lost. I see people using Macs all the time when I am out and about at Starbucks, on public transportation, in classes, etc. I mean why would the worlds most valuable company with over a $100 billion in cash alone keep making a product that "lost"?

    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I can count on one hand the times I saw people using anything other than explorer, probly living a sheltered life
    Or, just reusing some old cliche from 10 years ago that no longer applies.
  19. #59  
    Ok, we hijacked the thread, sorry OP. I'm gonna go doctor my phone back to 2.1 so I can have videos playing in a card again (damn you hp) while I do something else. I guess you will go tapping your home button, try not to wear it out.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    We here on forums are nerds, from my experience most people know very little about operating systems. I bet if you asked most iphone users what os its running they would get it wrong and say "iphone?"
    And in your experience you can count on one hand how many times you have seen someone use a browser besides Internet Explorer. I need a second opinion.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions