Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry201 View Post
    It Swipes to the last apps I used and it feels natural. I guess pinch to zoom does not feel natural to you either. The 4 finger pinch to close apps is also really nice and Launching the app using the icon puts you exactly where you left off. I didn't use a game for a week and it launched exactly where I left off. I think this method is much better than having cards always open.
    So you swipe around aimlessly with four fingers until you find the app you want, and if you want to do it more efficiently you double tap the home button to get the icon view. Is that how it works?

Four finger swipe, is that the best apple can do? Why not three or five..Shhhh
    Have you ever heard of jailbreak?
    I read something about you have to jail break to have free hotspot but it voids warranty. How do they know you jail break the phone?
    in webos its faster to go to card number 1 to 5.. rather than swiping continuously until youve reached the correct page.
    I don't have a phone. All you do is restore to stock the same thing you will do with a webos phone for warranty. Essentially jailbreak is the same thing that is done using the quick install but easier and faster. More organized too with some great stuff in cydia.
    Thats what I thought but all the tech sites make a big deal about voiding warranty, like apple could find out. I dont get it
    I think android is terrible on a tablet but decent on a phone. For productivity and the best apps you can't go wrong with the iPad.
    I'm sorry, but looking at your post history, I can't help to think you are here to preach Apple.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    Does straight talk with the pre3 get you 3g?
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by sancase View Post
    in webos its faster to go to card number 1 to 5.. rather than swiping continuously until youve reached the correct page.
    Card 1 to 5 of buggy slowness.
    Anyways I don't get why people come in here asking others if they should jump ship. If you wanna jump, jump
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Anyways I don't get why people come in here asking others if they should jump ship. If you wanna jump, jump
    I think you've answered your own question - you've assumed in your post I've decided I want to jump yet the fact the thread is a question indicates I haven't. As my OP indicates, I wanted to get the experiences of those who have used other platforms to help me decide which way to go, IF I decided to go. I said as much at the end of my OP: "Man I hate having come to this point. Maybe I'll still stay. But I'm just so fed up I want to know my options."
    Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    I think you've answered your own question - you've assumed in your post I've decided I want to jump yet the fact the thread is a question indicates I haven't. As my OP indicates, I wanted to get the experiences of those who have used other platforms to help me decide which way to go, IF I decided to go. I said as much at the end of my OP: "Man I hate having come to this point. Maybe I'll still stay. But I'm just so fed up I want to know my options."
    But I don't see how someone else can help you decide. Most people will defend the phone they currently have.

Why not get familiar (hands on) with the other platforms and decide for yourself
    But if you want my opinion the answer is no, don't jump ship we need the company. Get a pre2 no free tether issues here
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    But I don't see how someone else can help you decide. Most people will defend the phone they currently have.

Why not get familiar (hands on) with the other platforms and decide for yourself
    I'd imagine there must be plenty who have used phones from other platforms. Maybe they have a webOS phone by choice and an iPhone from work. So straight away they have that experience and would be able to say "iPhone doesn't have inductive charging. Notifications are an ugly black blob that takes over the screen and the only way to multitask is to remember where you were up to and reboot the phone when you want to launch a different app". Or something like that

I indicated back at Should I jump ship...? that I'd probably have a play instore with some others. But I know from experience that only gets you an overview of how the OS feels. It doesn't give the in-call, in-app detail that real-world use shows you. Hence my question.
    OK, maybe an in depth comparison is what you are looking for:
    http://ignorethecode.net/blog/2012/0...ebos_features/
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Nice list. Maybe the ultimate reality is some of those features going somewhere else. But it's also a good reminder about how good webOS really is.
    Last edited by gregp; 06/02/2012 at 06:45 AM.
    I just listened to the verge cast from a week ago and they discussing the rumours about the new iphone.

One guy said what if your mouse had just one button and its main function is to make all your windows disappear.

It was very funny to me, I always chuckle whenever I see people pressing that stupid home button.

I recommend listening that podcast it will remind you of the problems with iphone from guys who are familiar with it.
    I just listened to the verge cast from a week ago and they discussing the rumours about the new iphone.

One guy said what if your mouse had just one button and its main function is to make all your windows disappear.

It was very funny to me, I always chuckle whenever I see people pressing that stupid home button.

I recommend listening that podcast it will remind you of the problems with iphone from guys who are familiar with it.
    yep that puzzles me deeply sometimes, too - a dedicated hardware button to ... get to the app launcher?
    OK, maybe an in depth comparison is what you are looking for:
    ignore the code: Please Steal These webOS Features
    A comparison to the original iPad, in the marketplace more than a year before the TP. The iPad 2 was in the marketplace before the TP. Now there is a third generation iPad. The TP is over and done with. Maybe there will be open source software to update the Touchpads that are in the marketplace.

All iPads have updated software to the current 5.1.

Disclaimer - I do not own an iPad or iPhone.
    Thats what I thought but all the tech sites make a big deal about voiding warranty, like apple could find out. I dont get it
    It's more along the lines that if you jail break your phone and have issues, don't bother contacting us for help because we will blame the mods you made.

Also, if the phone is defective in a manner that prevents you from reverting the phone to its pre-jail break status, they could easily find out when you send it in for repair. If they cared enough to look.

Lastly, I expect the phone automatically sends a message to Apple HQ telling them phone #xyz has been jail broken. They log and track everything else, why wouldn't they track that?
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    A comparison to the original iPad, in the marketplace more than a year before the TP. The iPad 2 was in the marketplace before the TP. Now there is a third generation iPad. The TP is over and done with. Maybe there will be open source software to update the Touchpads that are in the marketplace.

All iPads have updated software to the current 5.1.

Disclaimer - I do not own an iPad or iPhone.
    Apple is mostly into hardware, screens camera etc. Their products are basically running the same software as the original iphone.

They are always playing catch up and the users have to beg them to make changes and they do it eventually kicking and screaming. And then brag about it
    The iphone is faster to react to commands, but the general navigation is not that good
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast