Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes
    How any on this team? Isn't it unusual for an entire team to move to another company?
    Now I'm confused
    knownboyofno and xandros9 like this.
    For the new members : Before precentral now webos nation administrator Dieter Bohn is related to @Adora who works in HP Palm relations. Dieter is now working on The Verge. So the tip the Verge recieved might be half true or incomplete.

A complete news might be HP sells webOS to Google or part of it, something like that.

This half true news might be just a rumor as well.

If it is true an Official HP announcement is on its way.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    I worry for the future of open webOS, I still want webOS to survive...
    - techlover10, long time webOS fan and Pulse News supporter
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
    Vistaus likes this.
    Sounds like Google just bought Palm - for the price of a team salary. Wow. As if things hadn't been interesting already ... this chess match would make a fantastic Master's thesis. Well played Google... well played. lol
    AwesomePalmPre127 and Rnp like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by techlover10 View Post
    I worry for the future of open webOS, I still want webOS to survive...
    the before webOS UI designer Matias Duarte is working some time ago now in Google .They will take advantage of webOS, in other words you will see Androids with cards for multitaskting and everything we know about the OS
    duanedude1 likes this.
    Uhhhhhh....
    Jason? You there? What's going on?!?
    HP must have intellectual property rights, trademarks and copyrights as they haven't officially released open source.
    Vistaus likes this.
    so let me get this straight. Matt Mcnulty, who brags that he made the argument to open source Enyo and WebOS that carried the day at HP, then takes his entire team to Google? I don't like how that sounds. I'm going to predict that Matt's teams contacts with former colleagues at google are going to be scrutinized closely.
    I don't like the decision either unless HP let them go. You don't sell the vision then take it to a competitor IMHO.
    finally, Enyo was the least impressive part of the webOS products in my opinion. I don't mean that to insult anyone on the Enyo team. But if the core webOS team is still around, I think this is survivable.
    if they were let go, it is a different story obviously.
    netwrkr9 likes this.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    ...your kidding me right now right. Dammit now i have to live with horrid android because sprint cant get any decent windows phones =*[ FrankenPre 2 till death >.<
    tmark86 and kataran like this.
  11. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    can we get some outside corroboration of this info? If this is true, it is huge.
    Some WebOS supporters remind me of Monty Python. "It's just a flesh wound".
    d0u8l3m, Semma2, R_E and 3 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime View Post
    so let me get this straight. Matt Mcnulty, who brags that he made the argument to open source Enyo and WebOS that carried the day at HP, then takes his entire team to Google? I don't like how that sounds. I'm going to predict that Matt's teams contacts with former colleagues at google are going to be scrutinized closely.
    I don't like the decision either unless HP let them go. You don't sell the vision then take it to a competitor IMHO.
    finally, Enyo was the least impressive part of the webOS products in my opinion. I don't mean that to insult anyone on the Enyo team. But if the core webOS team is still around, I think this is survivable.
    if they were let go, it is a different story obviously.
    Agree. IMHO it is half news For me HP just sold the team or is just chat between colleagues. It is not just HP webOS enyo team goes to Google. Something is missing on the news.

Or just a rumor.
    how big is the Enyo team mld? Compared to the rest of the webOS team? Matt Mcnulty in his typical way has confirmed it via twitter.
    it stinks at this point but let's here from ari jaaksi.
    There are many possibilities ranging from untrue to the dept. being told by HP to keep their eyes open for jobs due to downsizing. This may be all baloney or just the first set of WebOS people out the door.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I hope google just bought webos...not just the Enyo team, I'm very confused.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    tonyw likes this.
    Enyo 2 might be finished. At which point HP would have a lot of reason to let the team go to save money.
    tmark86 and tonyw like this.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    How any on this team? Isn't it unusual for an entire team to move to another company?
    When the IBM-Apple-Motorola (AIM) alliance was disintegrating, Qualcomm poached an entire IBM PowerPC team --- 4 years and $400 millions later, Qualcomm came out with the Snapdragon CPU.

Qualcomm aims chip at tiny, always-on laptop | Nanotech - The Circuits Blog - CNET News
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime View Post
    how big is the Enyo team mld? Compared to the rest of the webOS team? Matt Mcnulty in his typical way has confirmed it via twitter.
    it stinks at this point but let's here from ari jaaksi.
    I can't see anything on @mattsmcnulty about it. But that could be a problem too!
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast