Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes
    Now with official HP statement. Exclusive: HP's webOS Enyo team is going to Google | The Verge Crap

EDIT: HP's statement

We're pleased with the traction Enyo has gained to date and plan to continue its development along with the open source community. The Open webOS project is on schedule and we remain committed to the roadmap announced in January.
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    Some WebOS supporters remind me of Monty Python. "It's just a flesh wound".
    My thought exactly.
    But it's always like that with systems, ideas and other stuff you like. If you love it you can't let go easily. Hehehe, the Jedi were right: don't grow attached to anything!

But if Android 5 becomes WebOS 2 in all but the name, I will gladly switch
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    matt mcnulty may claim to be the be all of webOS. He is not. Let's see how this shakes out.
    it seems to me that Enyo has gained very little traction. Probably why matt left.
    UPDATES: Sources close to HP tell us that it won't be the entire Enyo team leaving, though Matt McNulty — the man in charge of the project — will be among the departing crew.

We've now received an official statement from HP, which references the roadmap (with September release) announced back in January:

We're pleased with the traction Enyo has gained to date and plan to continue its development along with the open source community. The Open webOS project is on schedule and we remain committed to the roadmap announced in January.

Exclusive: HP's webOS Enyo team is going to Google | The Verge
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Tomorrow should be interesting.... Hello Enyoid
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    matt on his twitter handle claims that he leads the team that makes "a lot of the magic of webOS happen." I'm probably letting emotion get the best of me.
    he definitely claimed that he made the presentation to go open source.
    to leave soon thereafter for biggest competitor, don't like it.
    This was carefully timed.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    so it is 6 people leaving. Doesn't webOS still have over 200 employees?
    Google has no use for webOS, they hae their own Android thing, and have proven that they can fine tune it on every release, in some ways putting webOS experience in. Our operating system might end like Xerox' Lisa, something that very people enjoyed, but that was copied by many to become a standard way of computer usage.

So Google doesn't need webOS. Know of some company that would need it? Some dinosaur hardware company, full of *******. Oh, wait, they indeed bought it and destroyed it from the inside.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    @mattsmcnulty: hmm... slow news night.

Twitter
    if the future of webOS hinged upon 6 Enyo programmers, the future was lost long, long ago.
    @mattsmcnulty twitter feed:

Why is HP spending money creating an open source WebOS?
    "But if Android 5 becomes WebOS 2 in all but the name, I will gladly switch"

My confidence in Open WebOS making it to devices (not just hacked in) has been fading for some time. Would love cards and other WebOS attributes to continue in Android. Wonder what JellyBean's successors will look like.

WebOS is Dead, Long Live WebOS/Android!

We thought our favorite OS might be able to be put on Android devices, just didn't think The Goog would be the one to do it.

WebOS Nation to merge with Android Central??
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    guys, wall street journal reporting it Is only six people leaving. Monty python joke retraction needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime View Post
    guys, wall street journal reporting it Is only six people leaving. Monty python joke retraction needed.
    6 people are leaving and WebOS is not used in any mobile device being manufactured today.

The joke stands. You must not be familiar with the scene where the joke is used.
    I'm very familiar with the scene. No hardware since August. Six leaving while up is hiring is not the end of the world.
  20. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,494 Global Posts
    Plus it's not like you can simply swap in six bodies - Google isn't likely to have hired the most mediocre members of the team but the best ones.
    tholap likes this.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast