Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by webos_ftw View Post
    People still do that?
    Still don't understand why someone texts "Call me" Really??? You are one button short of dialing a phone number.

Don't get me wrong, I am really getting into using it but still find myself trying to swipe apps off of the screen or just minimize to cards.
    BREAKING NEWS: All credit card PIN numbers in the World leaked. Here is a sample.....0001, 0002, 0003......
    Quote Originally Posted by gaitch32 View Post
    Still don't understand why someone texts "Call me" Really??? You are one button short of dialing a phone number.

Don't get me wrong, I am really getting into using it but still find myself trying to swipe apps off of the screen or just minimize to cards.
    "Call Me" is a useful message to send, as it says that you want to talk to the person, but you don't NEED to talk to them RIGHT NOW as directly calling them implies.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    That I can understand but some of the people that text me don't. I treat texting like email until I get into a conversation. I don't jump every time my phone beeps and then when I look at them see follow ups about 5-10 minutes later about ignoring messages. I know, gotta change my thinking but just don't want to spend my time staring at a screen or stop what I am doing every time I hear a beep.. I know people that text each other in the same house. The talking thing still works for me.......

Anyway, I am getting off topic. Still like WebOS better.
    BREAKING NEWS: All credit card PIN numbers in the World leaked. Here is a sample.....0001, 0002, 0003......
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gaitch32 View Post
    That I can understand but some of the people that text me don't. I treat texting like email until I get into a conversation. I don't jump every time my phone beeps and then when I look at them see follow ups about 5-10 minutes later about ignoring messages. I know, gotta change my thinking but just don't want to spend my time staring at a screen or stop what I am doing every time I hear a beep.. I know people that text each other in the same house. The talking thing still works for me.......

Anyway, I am getting off topic. Still like WebOS better.
    My friends hated texting me because I would do that... If I'm busy I'm not stopping just type 5 words... But hey whatyagonnado. And I haven't even used a webOS device, just the emulator and I know its better
    I've been a smartphone junkie since I tried making my Motorola StarTac do things it protested vigorously against doing (like playing nice with my Palm IIIc and giving me mobile internet access).

I've been a PDA junkie since I bought a casio databank wrist watch as a gradeschooler, then graduated up the casio line until I came across the Sharp Wizards. I still have a fully functional Sharp Wizard with a couple of program cards.

From there I jumped into the Windows CE world with an HP Palmtop computer when I was in college. That worked well for about a year, then the screen developed some horrible display artifacts that I attribute to a bad flex connector. From there, inspired by a friend who had a Palm Pilot (and an Apple Newton), I decided to enter the Palm world with a new Palm IIIc.

The Palm IIIc lasted a really long time. I had an early Kodak PalmPix digital camera attachment for it that took grainy VGA pictures (640x480, baby!), and the aforementioned data cable for my Sprint Motorola StarTac flip phone. When my StarTac had an unfortunate interaction with my driveway, I decided to retire my Palm IIIc as well (which was experiencing poor battery performance) and move to a Treo 650. It was about then that I registered with Treocentral.

The Treo 650 I had in operation for nearly 5 years, and I retired it for a Sprint Palm Pre which I had been waiting for for over 2 years! I ran the Palm Pre for a year, then bought a sprint FrankenPre 2 from a forum member and Frankenpre'd it in 2010. My FrankenPre2 (using my Pre's original com-board) is still my primary phone, and my original Pre (using the sprint com board that came in my Pre2) is now my wife's primary phone. We've got 3 touchstones, 2 at home (one we use for the car on road trips) and 1 at the office.

Incidentally, my Sharp Wizard, Palm IIIc and Treo 650 all still function perfectly, just like the day I retired them. The HP Palmtop still has a screwed up screen, but it does function.

I bought a Touchpad a week before the firesale last year, but Staples was nice enough to let me "return" it and buy it at the firesale price. I also got a folio case and a touchstone. Later on I bought a second touchstone and a keyboard, and a few months ago I bought a second backup folio case when they went on sale for $5.

My Touchpad went into a battery coma in late August (13 months old) and has been unresponsive/dead since then. My FrankenPre2 is having wi-fi issues, phone network issues, some battery issues and has been running pretty dang hot for a few months now. My wife's Pre is also exhibiting age related issues.
    Casio Databank watch, Casio BOSS, Sharp Wizard OZ-8600 256k, HP Palmtop 360LX, Palm IIIc, Motorola StarTac, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre, Palm Pre2, HP Touchpad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12