Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  1.    #1  
    I made a Facebook page where I post interesting articles, images, etc that have to do with webOS or webOS related things. Join and support webOS to success!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-am-a...-and-supporter
    Page Not Found.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    wow I made an epic fail in reading the title of this thread... I'm dumb
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4.    #4  
    Ok, here is the fixed link to the fan page:

I am a webOS fan and supporter | Facebook
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    wow I made an epic fail in reading the title of this thread... I'm dumb
    What did you think it said?
    Quote Originally Posted by skat_et_dieu View Post
    What did you think it said?
    that facebook was supporting webos
    that facebook was supporting webOS
    Same here, until I opened the thread. ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Same here, until I opened the thread. ;-)

I think we were all fooled.
    Can we get a mod to fix the thread title please? Or is this fun?

Next time just hit the report button and ask the title to be changed....easy, fast, giterdun.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    LOL, thanks guys and thanks sledge.

I didn't change title or reply initially cuz I wasn't sure if I was the only one that read it that way.

Thanks for making me feel a lil better about my reading comprehension and sanity.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    sledge007 likes this.
    Just asking but what is the point? Why continue with WebOS when there won't be any new hardware to put it in? The current crop of devices aren't gonna last forever.
    like it!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preluva View Post
    Just asking but what is the point? Why continue with WebOS when there won't be any new hardware to put it in? The current crop of devices aren't gonna last forever.
    You cannot say that there will not be any hardware. I can also not say that there will be hardware for webOS but I love this mobile OS and I will support it in the ways that I can. I don't just post webOS related things. I will post funny things also. Interesting web related articles and some other stuff.

Also, sorry to everyone about the confusion with the title. I guess I didn't think about that when I posted the thread.
    There are way more outlandish groups on Facebook than a webOS support page. They like webOS.....THAT'S THE POINT!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    There are still people carrying Palm OS devices, Palm OS hasn't been produced in years, we are almost at 3 years since the public release of webOS.

There is not one thing I need that my webOS devices can't currently do, I am sure the capabilities will be increasing with the release of more open source software. I have also seen a lot of the important people returning to some form of webOS/Enyo development.

I do 100% believe open source webOS will end up on new hardware. I also know for a phone, I need a physical keyboard for it to be functional for my use. I tried iOS and couldn't use it daily, have played with Android and the only thing that really make Android the only possible alternative is devices with physical keyboards (then again it seems to me, more of those are on CDMA networks than on unlocked GSM, I haven't looked that hard though). As far as tablets, I couldn't see dropping serious money on another tablet any time soon, the TouchPads running webOS give me more function than I really get time to take advantage of, and there is always ubuntu/CM9/etc in the future if I find a real need for something else.

Those are just some of the points that are pertinent to me.