Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    ...Where I don't say "Ugh, Android Sucks"

I miss webOS every day
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Get a TouchPad. It cures my webOS withdrawals.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I just might do that.... Plus I found a refurb bundle from HP for the cover, dock, and keyboard...
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    I just might do that.... Plus I found a refurb bundle from HP for the cover, dock, and keyboard...
    Nice. I got my 32 GB TP for $230 off of ebay. It came with a wall charger and HP case. I want to get a Touchstone eventually. Before that I switched to Android and had to boot up my old Pre Plus to cure my withdrawals. lol
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    I am sure I am not the only one, or it hasnt been asked a millions times somewhere but here is goes to refresh the topic...the Samsung Galaxy Nexus is coming to Sprint 4/22/12.

To me this phone is the best candidate to port webOS to in its current state. The capacitive screen button area can be used for the gesture area etc. Just need the virtual keyboard implemented. SO...I know I will get the blast about wait til September etc etc for Open Source webOS...BUT now that the kernal and everything is already released what is holding us back from porting this now? I know you probably cant mass produce the solution due to proprietary parts from HP still but as a homebrew solution is this not possible now?

I am so dieing for a Pre3 like device..."drool drool* So a Galaxy Nexus with webOS would just totally rock!

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    ok guys i know we all miss webOS but what can we do nothing and plus android ICS is not that bad i enjoy it but webOS is better. The two reasons i left webOS are because the app selection and the support for this palm/HP devices. It was a good year having a pixi plus and a veer that kicked *** but i left them because there is no <staff edit> support.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/01/2012 at 11:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    ok guys i know we all miss webOS but what can we do nothing and plus android ICS is not that bad i enjoy it but webOS is better. The two reasons i left webOS are because the app selection and the support for this palm/HP devices. It was a good year having a pixi plus and a veer that kicked *** but i left them because there is no <staff edit> support.
    Veer is "supported"... we just got it updated to 2.2.4. My Veer is happily Touch-to-Sharing with my Pre 3.

webOS 2.2.4 Doctor for Veer for AT&T or WR
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/01/2012 at 11:12 PM.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    SO...I know I will get the blast about wait til September etc etc for Open Source webOS...BUT now that the kernal and everything is already released what is holding us back from porting this now? I know you probably cant mass produce the solution due to proprietary parts from HP still but as a homebrew solution is this not possible now?
    No, it's not possible now. "kernal and everything" has not been released, just the kernel. A working Linux kernel doesn't get you a lot. If you're lucky you might be able to get you phone to boot up and display a penguin logo. No input, no interface, no phone call, nothing else. Aside from incomplete browser code (which doesn't even function on existing webOS devices) none of the core webOS code has been published yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Veer is "supported"... we just got it updated to 2.2.4. My Veer is happily Touch-to-Sharing with my Pre 3.

webOS 2.2.4 Doctor for Veer for AT&T or WR
    Not official so its not supported.
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    Not official so its not supported.
    Hence the quotes...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here