Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After having Pre's, both my wife and I are now on Pre2's.

These are the bugs that annoy the heck out of us:

1. MOST ANNOYING BY FAR: the headphone jack sensor thinks a headset is plugged in when it's not. If not for The Ghastly Headset app, I might have gotten a new phone by now. And yes, I know this happens with iPhone/Android too, but that's a very small consolation.
    2. When opening the Videos app, the spinner spins indefinitely. A reboot removes this, and it seems to happen after cleanly ejecting the Pre2 from a USB connection (on Win7 in my case)
    3. The Camera app takes a picture, which then appears in the little preview thumbnail at the bottom left of the screen, but the new picture doesn't appear in the Photos app even after a reboot i.e. it's never saved.
    4. My carrier's voicemail number is forgotten on reboot. My workaround is to setup a Text Assist shortcut to quickly make it appear, but it's annoying as all heck to have to put this in every time, which happens often when consider the above bugs that require reboots to fix
    5. New Media, whether audio/video/image, is not being found right away. A reboot + waiting a few minutes usually solves this but sometimes I need to delete filenotify.db and then reboot
    6. My Wifi router isn't found while others are. Turning Wifi off and back on fixes this.
    7. When the Calendar settings are enabled for a Facebook account, certain Contacts' information doesn't appear at all. This only happens to my wife but drove her nuts for a few weeks until we figured it out.
    Don't know where this list is coming from, but I have never had a problem with any one of these issues. These are the only 2 bugs taht annoy the hell outta me, and they only do cause it affects the wife more than me:

1) Alarms just disappear in the clock app - will not go ff or show until a reboot, so check before going to bed. A reboot scheduler fixes this, but still annoying, she was almost late one day.
    2) Random disconnect of bluetooth headset...also fixed bya reboot.

These are all happening on a FrankenPre 2 (GSM with Sprint Pre-) running 2.2.4

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    As long as I toggle the alarm on/off before bed so that the alarm bell/clock shows up....I haven't had an issue with alarms not going off. Not a perfect solution for everybody, but it works for me.....and it has to, being that I am usually getting up at 3:30AM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Messaging lag. Phone becomes practically useless if it starts leaking memory, especially when Music app is running at the same time.
    Never have had any of those issues. The only time the FileIndexer and I fight is when I push stuff to my Pixi via SSH. A simple re-scan Fileindexer gets them to show up in short order.

I really only hate when the screen digitizer will bug out when I leave the screen on too long (touchstone). Reboot fixes this one.
    Gotta say I'm with DJeremyC.... I've never experience any of the issues the OP has posted.

My only issue (like others) is the fact that set alarms do indeed disappear and only reappear after a Luna restart (or sometime they just pop back up). This is a VERY well known bug and HP was supposed to have been fixing in the last update. Unfortunately, they dropped that fix - which really me off at the time. I submitted logs to them and they said they would make it a top priority... but then Leo dropped his bomb and all things stopped where they were at. <shakes fist at sky and curses Leo> I love webOS, but having a bug in the basic clock/alarm app since the very beginning of 2.0 is crazy.

I have, on rare occasions, had the photo app lock up with a forever-spinning wheel and had to reboot the device fully to get it to work again. But that's very rare.
    @ the OP #3, the photos actually are saved, just not being indexed. I have had one device that had the indexer bug bad and it was a Veer.

Since you homebrew, you can use Internalz to view the photo directory, they should all be there.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Mine is with the 2.x browser- sometimes only half a page will display, and I'll be unable to scroll down. Rotating the device, pinch-to-zoom and reloading all fail to fix it. I remember there being some kind of solution posted a while ago, but I've forgotten it :|
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Mine is with the 2.x browser- sometimes only half a page will display, and I'll be unable to scroll down. Rotating the device, pinch-to-zoom and reloading all fail to fix it. I remember there being some kind of solution posted a while ago, but I've forgotten it :|
    Would love a fix for this too. Makes browsing virtually impossible and worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    @ the OP #3, the photos actually are saved, just not being indexed. I have had one device that had the indexer bug bad and it was a Veer.

Since you homebrew, you can use Internalz to view the photo directory, they should all be there.
    Also remove the "muffle system logging" patch if you have it installed seems to fix this as well.
    Oh yeah that too
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    If we're just talking plain webOS bugs, not phone specifics......then the distorted sound is my biggest gripe.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Mine on my webOS devices:

veer running 2.2.4.
    Goes crazy when dropped onto touchstone... Powerdown then drop it on the touchstone seems to be only fix.
    Random disconnects of bluetooth a2dp. Never happens for me with mono, but a2dp sometimes does it for me, I can reconnect right away by selecting the device again from the drop down.
    Only other one I have I think is related to the app, not the OS. Slacker loads up the next song, but then just never plays it, forcing me to either skip it, or kill the app and restart it.

TouchPad 3.0.5

The "fuzzy" sound one of course. Putting it to sleep for a few seconds then going right back to it always clears it up for me.
    Random memory leaks etc causing things to clog up forcing reboot at random times to fix.
    Sometimes I have the touchpad become unresponsive to my touch for about 2 seconds. Then all of the sudden its fine. Reboot fixes this sometimes, but oddly enough, not always, and I have had a few times where full power down was required.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    If we're just talking plain webOS bugs, not phone specifics......then the distorted sound is my biggest gripe.
    Agree with the "sound bug". Only thing that has worked for me is to minimize or close all apps, short press power button to black the screen for 10 seconds, then wake device. Works 100% of the time.
    Stay thirsty, my friends
    A battery pull always fixes new media problem for me. I will never have a webOS device as my only alarm.
    Another bug is this thing where I do a search and try to go to maps and its asking me to install bing maps wen its already installed
    Messaging lag!!!

And my alarms do randomly disappear....but never after it was set for the night
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    A battery pull always fixes new media problem for me. I will never have a webOS device as my only alarm.
    I will never use a cell phone as my only alarm.

Too many things can happen, plus now that I have a job that I don't have to worry about answering the phone in the middle of the night I like leaving the alert volume lower.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    lots of minor issues become major when they require restarting twice a day :-(
    Bing maps in southern hemisphere show wrong location, I am in Brisbane but shows me swimming off the coast of Tasmania, know bug thats still in Webos 3.05 Wished it used Google Maps.
    Last edited by Firepower; 04/11/2012 at 09:24 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast