webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > My Top 7 Most Annoying WebOS Bugs
My Top 7 Most Annoying WebOS Bugs

Old 04/17/2012, 11:05 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
Mine is with the 2.x browser- sometimes only half a page will display, and I'll be unable to scroll down. Rotating the device, pinch-to-zoom and reloading all fail to fix it. I remember there being some kind of solution posted a while ago, but I've forgotten it :|
Problem solved: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-pre-3/314212-browser-shows-half-page.html#post3318470
I guess it's not exactly a "bug". One down off this list at least. Let me know if it works for you with the site that was "half loading" before.
matteebee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2012, 01:15 PM   #22 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
Problem solved: Browser shows half a page
I guess it's not exactly a "bug". One down off this list at least. Let me know if it works for you with the site that was "half loading" before.
Sweet, disabling JavaScript also seems to have made the browser a little more snappy. Thanks for the link I'd still call it a bug though, if JS is causing the browser to perform incorrectly. Should be fixed as and when we get a build of webOS with Isis for the Pre3.
Old 04/17/2012, 03:20 PM   #23 (permalink)

I have 2 and 3 sometimes, and they seem to be related. Sometimes when i eject the pre its still loses connection to the /media/internal filesystem. When that happens i cannot open pictures/music/videos and a reboot is the only thing that solves it. The camera app takes the pic but since it cannot connect to that directory it does not save the image.

Another annoyance that i have on the touchpad is that it stops being able to play mp3 and videos randomly , i have to reboot it to get it back.
theinnkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2012, 04:24 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinnkeeper View Post
I have 2 and 3 sometimes, and they seem to be related. Sometimes when i eject the pre its still loses connection to the /media/internal filesystem. When that happens i cannot open pictures/music/videos and a reboot is the only thing that solves it. The camera app takes the pic but since it cannot connect to that directory it does not save the image.

Another annoyance that i have on the touchpad is that it stops being able to play mp3 and videos randomly , i have to reboot it to get it back.
Addressing your camera & /media/internal directory issue, do you have "muffle system logging" patch applied to your Pre? That patch specifically has been known to cause issues with viewing DCIM files including the thumbnail link from the camera app. Try uninstalling that patch if you have it and then report back here please.
matteebee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/2012, 12:01 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
Addressing your camera & /media/internal directory issue, do you have "muffle system logging" patch applied to your Pre? That patch specifically has been known to cause issues with viewing DCIM files including the thumbnail link from the camera app. Try uninstalling that patch if you have it and then report back here please.
Sorry been a while, nope the problem seems to be that even though i eject the pre2 from my computer, and the computer says its ejected the media/internal directory is still locked like its in usb mode. I dont have system muffle installed
theinnkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2012, 02:13 AM   #26 (permalink)

For me, the most annoying webOS bug is receiving my own Skype IM messages anytime I send one out. In group chats, I receive my own messages inline. For one-on-one chats I receive my own messages in a new, separate IM thread. I've had this happen on 2.2.4 and 3.x webOS versions.

I've tried everything I could find to fix it:

- Erase/Reinstall/Re-Doctor
- Blocking myself on Skype
- Signing out of Skype on all other devices/computers
- New Skype account solely for webOS device use
- New Palm Profile
- Asking HP's webOS Support (<- That desperate)

I'm totally at a loss...
SlightlyAmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2012, 05:08 AM   #27 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

The most annoying bug IMHO is that after months of use the camera app sometimes causes a Luna restart when you open it (Pre 3).
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2012, 03:16 PM   #28 (permalink)

These issues are nothing compared to the "Restore Required" bug. Yes, it is a bug. I filed a ticket for it over a year ago and it was never fixed. Anyway... I came up with a solution and will be posting instructions (and even creating an app to fix it for people).

The issue behind the bug: The partition holding the db8 storage (/var/db) is way too small. If you have a lot of files on your device, many emails, and just a bunch of other data, this will fill up. At this point, the only thing the device knows what to do is pop up an un dismissible dialog requiring you to reset your device, loose all of your data that isn't on the USB drive, and re-sign into your Palm Profile.

The solution: Shrink the /media/internal partition and grow the /var/db partition (and /var/filecache is another good one to grow).
Old 06/19/2012, 05:17 PM   #29 (permalink)

Album art in photo app
laingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2012, 07:57 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laingman View Post
Album art in photo app
Well technically it is not a bug, but still can fall under the category of annoyance.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2012, 09:16 PM   #31 (permalink)

My list:

1.4.5:

-System hang-up. I never know when this happens, unless I check my phone during charging or place it on the charger. Basically, the phones works normally but if you place it on the charger, it won't charge. If it's charging, when you take it off, it says it's still charging. Then, cycling the data connection causes the device to catch up (including notifying you of the missed texts and calls that it failed to notify when the phone hung-up) but even better, the device won't charge when this happens. My belief is something in java fails as I hear 2.x doesn't have this bug.

-WFi. Sometimes it doesn't auto-connect until I open the menu in the top menu.

3.x:

-Browser: Sometimes, if searching on Google, the search entry will allow me to type but hitting enter or search does nothing. Instead, I need to always use the browser address bar to make sure this doesn't happen (though I forget sometimes). Also, sometimes I'll come back to a browser card and it's blank. Reloading does nothing (though I suspect this is more of a memory optimization issue).

- Sound. PulseAudio failing is just unexcuseable and I feel as though a decent beta testing could have revealed this problem before shipping devices. Even better is how this still hasn't been fixed by HP.

Although not a bug, my biggest gripe has been the laziness of both Palm and HP to optimize the vm settings. What took me, a mechanical engineer, a week of testing allowed me to discover the vm settings which not only stopped the lock-ups I suffered (the Pixi has no processing power so making Linux clean the vm at such low ratios makes the device crawl) but improved stability where I'd get weeks of uptime now. At least this I could fix. The other bugs I listed not so much...
bassman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/23/2012, 03:57 AM   #32 (permalink)

The most annoying bug in my opinion , is that when you open the music app , then press a song to play , then go back and change the song , the music icon in the notification area doesn't appear sometimes . Does anybody know a fix ?
- Palm Pixi Plus
PrePixiLove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bugs, voicemail, wifi

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0