Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I recently doctored my phone, however I couldn't sign in my Palm Profile as it couldnt connect to my 3G despite having the correct APN settings.
    So I bypassed it (emergency call and dev mode code), configured my wifi and then installed Impostah. I restarted the phone and when getting the first screen I signed in with my Palm Profile and restored everything.
    However I still see Dr Skipped Firstuse in my acounts and I wonder if this is a problem?
    The phone is fully functional and everything from my Palm profile has been restored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    I recently doctored my phone, however I couldn't sign in my Palm Profile as it couldnt connect to my 3G despite having the correct APN settings.
    So I bypassed it (emergency call and dev mode code), configured my wifi and then installed Impostah. I restarted the phone and when getting the first screen I signed in with my Palm Profile and restored everything.
    However I still see Dr Skipped Firstuse in my acounts and I wonder if this is a problem?
    The phone is fully functional and everything from my Palm profile has been restored.
    Use impostah to delete the account 'palm profile', using the accounts tab, then use impostah, to reset the palm profile, using the palm profile tab, then let it reboot. You will have to sign in to your profile, it will download all your apps and palm profile info. (make sure you use save/restore to backup all data first as it will wipe all the apps)...

Now Dr Skipped Firstuse will be gone...
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Does it matter if I keep this thing?
    I'd like to avoid a 2nd doctoring because I don't have much time to resync things like my calendar which takes a long time.
    The phone works properly and the Palm profile has been restored without any problems.
    Is there a chance I'll be having issues because this profile co-exists?
    I am also having this problem; I used the Erase Apps and Data option in an effort to fix my calendar sync problems on my Pre 3 (we'll see if it worked), but now, even though I appear to have restored my apps from my Palm Profile, the Palm Profile account listed is Dr. Skipped Firstuse. DIsmayed, I re-ran the Erase...and no change. My Pre 3 is listed in my Profile Manager page (although the device name is gone--I can only assume that's because of the Dr. Skipped Firstuse profile being there).

How can I get my Profile name back? And, perhaps more importantly, do I need to do so?

Thanks...

UPDATE: I realized that, in my haste to try to fix the calendar, I did not remove my patches before running the Erase (I should remember not to start these things late on a weeknight if I can help it!). I plan to try it all again tonight, after using EPR. I'll update after...unless someone has any ideas I can try short of that.

Also, I noticed that my messages app doesn't appear to link to a profile (I guess that's not so surprising).

Thanks again...
    Last edited by treodoc755; 04/11/2012 at 09:55 AM. Reason: update
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    @John Steffes: Thanks for all the previous help and support, and I feel like I'm pushing my luck here, but after I got my new Pre3 working (see my previous posts at Need to Delete Data Backed Up on HP Profile / Palm Profile and Restoring Data onto New HP Pre3), I wanted to get rid of the Dr. Skipped Firstuse on my HP (Palm) Profile. I did what you said above using impostah, but it not only did not take care of the problem, but when it rebooted and it asked me to sign in, the restore failed (and I almost instantly went into PTSD, as you can imagine). I Doctored the Pre3 and signed in, and it works again like a charm...yet Dr. Skipped Firstuse is still there as my "HP webOS Account". About the only thing I didn't do previously is that I did not remove preware and impostah (and the other games I had downloaded from Quick Install) prior to doing the backup.

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    I believe you can rename it in Device Info if I recall correctly by clicking on Dr. Skipped Firstuse. If not you can login on the HP website and change it there. I know it's possible using one of the above, just don't recall which one ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 11/03/2013 at 04:10 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    @Herrie: Yes, I was able to change the device name, and when I checked my HP (Palm) profile online (https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface) it still had my name correctly in it. However, if you check Accounts on the Pre3, it still shows my HP webOS Account as Dr. Skipped First use. What I want to do is to change the HP webOS Account back to my name.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Let me provide more information, because I'm still stuck and I would love someone to hold my hand on this:

- I checked the HP (Palm) Profile online, and it was fine...i.e., no Dr. Skipped Firstuse.

- If I go to Accounts on the Pre3, I have an HP webOS Account with Dr. Skipped Firstuse.

- If I go to Device Info, at one time its Name, too, said Dr. Skipped Firstuse, but when I changed it to the right name, it remained changed (i.e., no longer Dr. Skipped Firstuse).

- Using impostah, under Accounts it, too, says Dr. Skipped Firstuse.

Could someone give me step-by-step instructions of what I have to do to get rid of the "Dr. Skipped Firstuse", please? Greatly appreciate the help!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Hi, all! Any additional help on this? Would REALLY appreciate a little hand-holding, because the previous information hasn't worked fully. THANK YOU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
    Let me provide more information, because I'm still stuck and I would love someone to hold my hand on this:

- I checked the HP (Palm) Profile online, and it was fine...i.e., no Dr. Skipped Firstuse.

- If I go to Accounts on the Pre3, I have an HP webOS Account with Dr. Skipped Firstuse.

- If I go to Device Info, at one time its Name, too, said Dr. Skipped Firstuse, but when I changed it to the right name, it remained changed (i.e., no longer Dr. Skipped Firstuse).

- Using impostah, under Accounts it, too, says Dr. Skipped Firstuse.

Could someone give me step-by-step instructions of what I have to do to get rid of the "Dr. Skipped Firstuse", please? Greatly appreciate the help!
    In the Accounts tab, delete Dr. SF and then activate (in the Activation tab of course) and sign into your existing palm profile. Both steps are done in impostah. Then reboot. That should do it.

Also maybe try in the backup app, sign into your profile in preferences. I remember trying both last time i was in this exact scenario but not which order it worked. I think i turned off devmode before the reboot too. these are speculations IF previous steps were unsuccessful
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 11/03/2014 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Added bold to clarify for future readers
    I swear I've never been able to delete Dr First Use.. You really can do that?
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I swear I've never been able to delete Dr First Use.. You really can do that?
    Yes I've done it, But -

I remember it not just working simply and immediately. It was not clearing the name from the accounts list the first time i tried it. I kept poking at it with impostah in many tabs just guessing, logins on the backup app, - and after some persistence i noticed it was gone and my account name was the palm profile online.

John S mentioned above the steps so i assume that is good info there.

Have you just been living with it disguised as dr. Skip? Heheh why not

I'm thinking now you may also have to turn off devmode before the reboot so it will ask for the new login and not default to the test identity.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 09/14/2014 at 08:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Yeah, I tried John's steps, and that didn't do it. Found out about the new preware.net versus preware.org. Now I'm fighting with the App Catalog (resetting the date, doing the update, etc.). Maybe this is just too hard.
    You don't actually have to get rid of it if it's too frustrating.

Also, You only need app cat access if you plan to download anything you already have purchased. No new purchases now and free apps may soon be available in a community repository, possibly accessible via Preware, which requires neither profile or cat cert.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I know. The problem is I'm a tad anal retentive and I'd like to see it be "right".

(Thanks: I got the App Catalog fixed...I just hate an additional fight when I'm obsessed with something else.)
    vgg likes this.
    Understandable. I persisted until it was gone from mine as well.

As i mentioned above, after using impostah, i also turned off devmode so it would prompt a login instead of utilizing its default. Then reboot and sign in, using the backup app's prefs menu if necessary. Try that?
    Can you take a screenshot of your Accounts card? Opt + Sym + P. It will be in screencaptures in Photos. You'll have to drag it off using USB mode to a computer. I'm curious about your Dr Skipped issue.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Can you take a screenshot of your Accounts card? Opt + Sym + P. It will be in screencaptures in Photos. You'll have to drag it off using USB mode to a computer. I'm curious about your Dr Skipped issue.
    What are you expecting to see hoping may be apparent, if anything? I've had Dr. FU on the accounts page with and without my own profile being on there with it. I suspected it was due to impostah actions. But i was able to clear it eventually. I just can't verify the steps as i was floundering until success.

"Paging Dr. FU, you have a telephone call at the front desk"
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 11/02/2014 at 08:50 AM.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    I'm expecting to see Anastasia's screenshot.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    I'm expecting to see Anastasia's screenshot.
    Thank you! I am away from my computer, but will get to it later on today. Really appreciate it!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast