1.    #1  
    How much geek cred does having a webOS device carry? Or is there any??

I always compare the webOS community to the Apple community during their dark years. I carry my webOS devices like a badge of honor.

Sent from my White Touchpad with Communities
    Geek cred? Really? lol I've met only one other person that had a Palm Pre-, just recently got a Pre2. I'm sure if I didn't own Pre-/Veer/Pre3, none of the people I know would even know what one was.

Funny how they all come to me for their iPhone/Android issues, and while I don't know a whole lot about those other phones, I can usually solve their problems in a fraction of the time it would have taken them.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I would say a lot. A co-worker, my daughter, a cop at seven eleven, and a girl in the line at a club with pre minuses. I said you have palm pre, she said yes proudly and I showed her my pre2 which she didn't even know existed. Didn't get her number though.
    That's all I've seen in the wild.

But I enjoy being one of the few
    Last edited by laingman; 03/23/2012 at 05:00 PM.
    ^ I know exactly what you mean. All the people I know haven't got a clue about palm/HP products and I am usually the one they come to for advise on all the other phones. Its great really . They hate my phone (coz they don't know it) and I fix theirs. :-)

Sent from my Touchpad. Booyah. 
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    And yes people always ask for help with theirs smartphones. I am like the smart phone guy at work since I was the first to have one, treo 650
    hahaha

I have too much webOS geek cred, that is all I can say.

Looked over at my desk (@ work today) have Pre3 on touchstone, TP touchstone out, BT headphones between them charging on a spare TouchPad plug and cable. I had to laugh at myself for a second.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    It's dedicated geek cred only if you choose to still use a webOS phone. I know some who still are on webOS, but that simply because they haven't gotten around to upgrading yet or don't care enough to upgrade. For what it's worth, they're the crowd that has only installed Angry Birds and Facebook as third party apps.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I only heard one other pre in the wild....it was a faint card swipe but couldn't find the person holding the jewel....as mentioned above I like being in the cellphone minority...and love webOS...I gave up long ago trying to explain why were the best mobile OP....I just enjoy it unless I'm asked again of course

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Quote Originally Posted by smackead View Post
    ^ I know exactly what you mean. All the people I know haven't got a clue about palm/HP products and I am usually the one they come to for advise on all the other phones. Its great really . They hate my phone (coz they don't know it) and I fix theirs. :-)

Sent from my Touchpad. Booyah. 
    We on webOS tend to customize our phones ourselves so we learn alot...most other platforms..people keep them stock except for the iphone that usually gets jailbroken by someone else

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    nobody knows what they are

heh, ive seen two touchpads, one pixi, and 4 pre's (i think 3 minuses and a 2) in the wild
    people say my pre is so cute, heh

it's got a nice feel, being a minority in a sea of fruits and robots