Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    It's taken for granted that smartphones/tablets rotate when you turn the screen, but whether it's on an iPad (fluid) or webOS (a bit laggy, hit or miss), I find myself reaching for the lock rotation switch, device menu (TP) or xwTweak (patched into Advanced device menu) often.

My wife always instinctively shakes her phone when turning it, as if to "wake" the orientation sensor.

I always smile, but is this such a bad idea? It could be patched into webOS in general (like the Mojo scroll bars patch) via xwTweak, or even integrated on an app-by-app basis.

You shake the device, unlocking orientation for a second until device comes to rest, then the screen is locked automatically in the current orientation. (or same if you had just hit a bit a turbulence)

It's a hidden feature (like some gestures) but still natural.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    interesting, wonder how that would integrate tho with apps thats already got their own shake function.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    interesting, wonder how that would integrate tho with apps thats already got their own shake function.
    I have not programmed webOS, but, you would think that only the "current" window would receive the shake message...
    I should be just like gestures or keyboard chars.