Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Saw it on Cnet HP Envy 14 Spectre review that it has Touch to Share feature with some "Android phones".

Install the HP app on Android phone, put it on the palm rest of HP Envy 14 Spectre, and it will be able to share webpages between phone and laptop. Sounds exactly like the Touch to share between webOS phones and the TouchPad. Yes, webOS phones ignored...

Attached is the screenshot of Touch to share program on HP Envy 14 Spectre. You can watch the review video here. HP Envy 14 Spectre Review - Watch CNET's Video & Read Our Review
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I just saw that too. It's a shame they rather support android rather then Webos for touch to share. I mean the cost to add bluetooth touch to share would be marginal and they could at least say they are supporting to OS a little. Throw us some kind of bone to say they are working on webos!
    I'm getting my spectre next week, I have a 16gb touchpad, obviously this design was in the pipeline for webos functionality.

with webos gone why not put it to use immediately with android...i guess

hope to see some kind of compatibility with my touchpad and spectre in the future, and hope the dream of bootin into webos on my laptop is still alive in some opensource options

hp...why did you do this, palm, why didn't you fight back

*saddest face
    Well... could interesting put some "touchstone" function in this same place, too...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    I decided to ask someone at HP. HP Communities - A Quick Look at HP ENVY 14 Spectre - HP Communities

So, the answer is no.

But, Spectre has Bluetooth, which is really all that's needed. It would just need a software update. I believe there is a coil in Spectre, though I'm not sure.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I decided to ask someone at HP. HP Communities - A Quick Look at HP ENVY 14 Spectre - HP Communities

So, the answer is no.

But, Spectre has Bluetooth, which is really all that's needed. It would just need a software update. I believe there is a coil in Spectre, though I'm not sure.

I don't see in the article or comments that he has confirmed that Pre 3 won't be working with its Touch to Share? Good article by the way.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    The envy had a nfc chip, the pre 3 uses a propriety HP tech, you will not be able to get them talk to each other in a way that replicates touch to share - the frequencies are completely different. however you could more than likely do it with a modern blackberry or nokia device (because they have nfc chips) or any number of android devices.
    What sense does it make to increase PC costs by adding proprietary coils whose numbers are on the decline? The same goes for the man hours needed to code, test and support the required software? NFC chips, OTOH, are on the rise and will likely be a standard in the future.
    this kinda sucks.. that would have made the Spectre a must-buy for all webOS enthusiasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by nufsaid865 View Post
    I'm getting my spectre next week, I have a 16gb touchpad, obviously this design was in the pipeline for webos functionality.

with webos gone why not put it to use immediately with android...i guess

hope to see some kind of compatibility with my touchpad and spectre in the future, and hope the dream of bootin into webos on my laptop is still alive in some opensource options

hp...why did you do this, palm, why didn't you fight back

*saddest face
    have you tried the TSS yet?
    I think HP envy 14 spectre have a good keyboard and powerful of speaker (with "beats audio)

But some weak point, Envy 14 only have two usb ports and heavily weight (3.97 lbs.) more than others ultrabook is 2.4-3.3 lbs.

and read more details and photo on hp envy 14 spectre