1.    #1  
    Hey folks,

i just was a bit bored, sitting at my desk and watching clips about Webos on PC.

Some time ago i downloaded the WebOS 3.0.5 SDK for having a go with it on the virtual machine. Ok, that`s nice, but it`s still just a virtual machine. so i read some things how to extract the sdk image to get the complete bunch of files.

Now i made an iso out the complete webos files and at the moment i`m transfering this iso onto my usb stick via UNetbootin in. The next step is to reboot my PC and to install those files from this usb stick to another. That kind of progress functioned right good with the Android-x86 isos, maybe i`m having luck and will function with WebOS, too... but to be honest, it won`t. ;-) But cross fingers! UNetbootin was able to extract the initrd. and in my eyes that`s importent for giving it a try.

Sorry, but i can`t post a snapshot, cause i`ve got just 3 posts. Anybodyable to post my link to the picture?

Sorry for my bad english. Im german. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unionjackstar View Post
    Hey folks,

i just was a bit bored, sitting at my desk and watching clips about Webos on PC.

Some time ago i downloaded the WebOS 3.0.5 SDK for having a go with it on the virtual machine. Ok, that`s nice, but it`s still just a virtual machine. so i read some things how to extract the sdk image to get the complete bunch of files.

Now i made an iso out the complete webos files and at the moment i`m transfering this iso onto my usb stick via UNetbootin in. The next step is to reboot my PC and to install those files from this usb stick to another. That kind of progress functioned right good with the Android-x86 isos, maybe i`m having luck and will function with WebOS, too... but to be honest, it won`t. ;-) But cross fingers! UNetbootin was able to extract the initrd. and in my eyes that`s importent for giving it a try.

Sorry, but i can`t post a snapshot, cause i`ve got just 3 posts. Anybodyable to post my link to the picture?
    I'd love to help and post your link, but then you can always post just a link reference and have us just fill in the blanks like h t t p ://link.com/pic1.jpg.

Ether way, I'd love too know more about Unetbootin and how you are booting webOS. Thanks, Sorli...
  3.    #3  
    UNetbootin is the short form for "Universal Netboot Installer". You`re able to boot any kind of OS Setup for example if you don`t have an optical drive.

Last night i let UNetbootin transfer the complete files of webos onto a usb stick. This morning a woke up and rebooted my computer. I changed boot options in myy bios to USB HDD to first boot. It worked, the usb stick booted, but it stucked at some kind of kernel issues.

So, i think, that was it so far. I`m no Linux crack, so i won`t be able to get any further.
    Last edited by Unionjackstar; 02/23/2012 at 04:07 AM.