1.    #1  
    When I try to open the photo app it just sits there blinking at me angrily.

I have deleted the DCIM folder, taken a new picture and tried again. Still won't open. When I take pictures, I can see them and scroll through them in the camera app.

I have tried the media index refresher app. Nothing.

Running a frankenpre2 on Sprint with webOS 2.2.4

Any ideas? Thanks.
    I've found that with the FrankenPre2, often times the best fix for issues is to re-install the OS version you are running. The Franken'ed devices can get touchy... to the point that it's simply easier to reinstall the OS vs trying to extract and repackage a specific app to install on those devices. I've been running the FrankenPre2 for a year and have been through that before a couple of times.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I've found that with the FrankenPre2, often times the best fix for issues is to re-install the OS version you are running. The Franken'ed devices can get touchy... to the point that it's simply easier to reinstall the OS vs trying to extract and repackage a specific app to install on those devices. I've been running the FrankenPre2 for a year and have been through that before a couple of times.
    That is not the answer I am looking for. Can you please reformat your answer in something that is less of a pain in the **** and resubmit? (hopefully the sarcasm was obvious)
  4.    #4  
    I still haven't resorted to reinstalling the system. But I have another clue. So, when I go to Screen settings and try to pick a new background, all of the background images show up, a couple of folders do show up with images in them and then several folders are listed that no longer exist. They show up as empty squares with no image previews. I am betting there is some cache for photos somewhere that has become corrupted. Anyone know where this is and if I can poke around with command line and erase it?

Also, I can get to my pics from within the camera application just fine. I would be money its some corrupted cache.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    OK, I admitted defeat and reinstalled.

Now I have to drag all these programs around to the 10 different tabs. That's the one thing I don't like, an easy way to move icons around. We were able to do it with patches in 1.4.5 but they killed that option. Oh well. I know what I will be doing for the next couple of hours.

Thanks for your help, newman.