Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    FoneSync was a solution I created to an old webOS 1.x issue, where playlist items were not refreshed unless you renamed your music folder. This has long been fixed in 2.0+, but I wanted a complete, iTunes-like syncing solution for my Pre/Touchpad.

    What this application does:
    * Allows you to create and manage playlists
    * Create ringtones from your own music
    * Manage your media library- from editing ID3 tags to finding album art on Google, this app handles it all
    * Syncs music and photos to your device- and updating the ones already there.
    * Works with Android, webOS, and wirelessly to the Blackberry Playbook

    Screenshots:









    This is a public alpha testing release. I am not supporting this release in any way, shape, or form. I am not responsible for anything this application may/may not do to your media library.

    This release of FoneSync has a built-in auto updater that will prompt you to update to the latest version. It will display this alert on every application startup when there is an update available. It is highly recommended that you always use the latest version of the application.

    If an update has been marked as required, for example, an update that fixes a critical bug, FoneSync will install the update without prompting you. This CANNOT be disabled in testing builds.


    Compatibility Notice: Currently (As Of 5/17/2012) FoneSync is not working on Windows XP. Compatibility for Windows XP will be completed in the near future. Tested and working on Windows 7. Application will run on Windows 8 in a reduced-functionality mode; some necessary APIs in Windows 8 have been removed and the application no longer runs properly unless some functions are disabled- most are only related to the taskbar. Full System requirements can be found below.

    System Requirements:
    * Windows Vista/7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
    * High speed internet connection
    * 1GB RAM (2GB Recommended)
    * 25MB Free Space
    * Apple Quicktime 7.0+
    * .NET Framework 3.0

    Mac/Linux release details will be announced at some point. Once I get around to fixing some compatibility problems.

    Download Here:

    FoneSync 1.0.0.0 Beta 1 Installer

    If you are looking for the Uninstaller, it is available here: http://www.box.com/s/982e708bec59102d340e

    If you want to see some of the history of this project, look here:
    PreSync- Multimedia Syncing for your PC
    Last edited by mayonaise1091; 05/17/2012 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Updated to reflect the Beta version's requirements and current state of the application on Windows XP and Windows 8
    Rnp and jcmarcos like this.
  2.    #2  
    Download Posted. Anybody who downloads the application- please give me your feedback.
    Rnp likes this.
  3. #3  
    This looks awesome! Great work!
  4. #4  
    Looks promising! Will definitely check this out.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

    One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
  5. #5  
    Wow! This is BEAUTIFULL!!

    Just a suggest: can you add subscribe and podcast option? If have this, I gonna explode CrapTunes from my machine...

    If you can do that, I have other suggest: can choice and include the same album art to Podcasts that gonna be download without.

    The rest... congratulations! You're great guy!


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Wow! This is BEAUTIFULL!!

    Just a suggest: can you add subscribe and podcast option? If have this, I gonna explode CrapTunes from my machine...

    If you can do that, I have other suggest: can choice and include the same album art to Podcasts that gonna be download without.

    The rest... congratulations! You're great guy!


    Best Regards...
    I've been working on Podcasts for some time now- even got some experiment code going on in there for it. I'm just not ready to "flip that switch" as I think I need a more elegant solution to it.
  7. pml
    pml is offline
    pml's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    #7  
    A Linux version would be nice...
  8. #8  
    an OSX version would be wonderful
    Siobhán

    Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

    I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
  9. #9  
    Just tried it, here's an error:
    The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

    at System.IO.Path.SafeSetStackPointerValue(Char* buffer, Int32 index, Char value)
    at System.IO.Path.NormalizePathFast(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
    at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
    at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
    at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath)
    at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath)
    at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
    at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String path)
    at System.IO.FileSystemInfo.get_FullName()
    at PreSync_Redux.dlgNotConfigured.ListFiles(String pstrFolderName) in C:\Users\Ben\Documents\PreSync_Redux\PreSync_Redux\dlgNotConfigured.vbvbvb:$line$ $18$
    at PreSync_Redux.dlgNotConfigured.ListFiles(String pstrFolderName) in C:\Users\Ben\Documents\PreSync_Redux\PreSync_Redux\dlgNotConfigured.vbvbvb:$line$ $23$
    at PreSync_Redux.dlgNotConfigured.ListFiles(String pstrFolderName) in C:\Users\Ben\Documents\PreSync_Redux\PreSync_Redux\dlgNotConfigured.vbvbvb:$line$ $23$
    at PreSync_Redux.dlgNotConfigured.ListFiles(String pstrFolderName) in C:\Users\Ben\Documents\PreSync_Redux\PreSync_Redux\dlgNotConfigured.vbvbvb:$line$ $23$
    at PreSync_Redux.dlgNotConfigured.ListFiles(String pstrFolderName) in C:\Users\Ben\Documents\PreSync_Redux\PreSync_Redux\dlgNotConfigured.vbvbvb:$line$ $23$
    at PreSync_Redux.dlgNotConfigured.btnBrowse_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Ben\Documents\PreSync_Redux\PreSync_Redux\dlgNotConfigured.vbvbvb:$line$ $38$
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


    C:\Users\Owner\My Music is the path.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Just tried it, here's an error:
    The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

    ..


    C:\Users\Owner\My Music is the path.
    Thank you for that report. I am looking into that right now.

    Linux and OSX are something I am definitely interested in. At the moment FoneSync uses several Windows-specific API calls that I would need to research more on those platforms. I do have a prototype I'm working on alongside this that *should* be ready for sometime in the future. As of when, well, I'm not sure- It's not close to complete enough for me to release as Alpha. But I will definitely contact you when I get to that point
  11. pml
    pml is offline
    pml's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    #11  
    Thanks for your answer. Maybe the QT framework would help you?
  12. #12  
    It's working for me now that it's updated. Off to work, I'll check it out more extensively later, thanks.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    It's working for me now that it's updated. Off to work, I'll check it out more extensively later, thanks.
    Glad to hear its working. Let me know if you find anything else.
  14.    #14  
    Hello Everyone- just figured I'd give a little update as to why the development of FoneSync has slowed considerably.

    Right now, besides my personal life (school, work, etc.), I have been trying to add some new functionality to the application that really does need to be there. In one of these cases, I really want your feedback.

    Podcasts have been a feature thats been requested multiple times since I started working on this application. But, since I have never really used Podcasts myself, I have no idea how you are expecting it all to work. I have some examples of how podcasting in FoneSync works so far, and I have attached samples to this post. Please give me your critique so I can make this as useful as possible.





  15. ggendel's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    817 Global Posts
    #15  
    A Posix (Unix/Linux/BSD) solution would be great. If you build it on a portable toolkit like QT, it can be made portable, support language translations, etc.

    I can offer advice as the products I make run on Linux, OS/X, Solaris, and Windows using QT.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    A Posix (Unix/Linux/BSD) solution would be great. If you build it on a portable toolkit like QT, it can be made portable, support language translations, etc.

    I can offer advice as the products I make run on Linux, OS/X, Solaris, and Windows using QT.
    Thank you for the kind offer, but I have evaluated and I have even started work on a Posix port, but I simply do not have the desire to restart development on this application- things have been busy enough for me as it is, and for a free application that I have paid all development costs on, it doesn't make sense for me. As it is, I have only gotten approximately 85 downloads since I posted the application, so even trying to use ads to support development makes no sense, as I have no user base. Maybe someday I'll try it, but for now it is not going to happen.
  17. #17  
    Seems good, however it wont recognise my pre3, and also almost anything I do will lead to the bug pop-up. ill try reinstall, see if that works

    [Edit] hmm, no way to uninstall? does not show up in Control Panel and Setup doesnt change anything. also cannot change the path of folder
    Last edited by jetz; 04/03/2012 at 12:49 PM.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetz View Post
    Seems good, however it wont recognise my pre3, and also almost anything I do will lead to the bug pop-up. ill try reinstall, see if that works

    [Edit] hmm, no way to uninstall? does not show up in Control Panel and Setup doesnt change anything. also cannot change the path of folder
    I'll have a solution for you soon in terms of removal. Just took a look at my system and it seems the uninstaller is not being moved to where it should be. I have some manual steps if you want to try them, otherwise I will send you a copy of the uninstaller when I get to my computer.

    Uninstall FoneSync:
    * Delete the FoneSync folder in C:\Program Files (or Program Files (x86) if on a 64-bit system)
    * Run regedit and remove the "FoneSyncLibrary" entry in the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    * Delete the Library.db3 file in your Music folder that was configured during setup

    That will remove the application and its settings, allowing you to reinstall as if it were never installed. And it will not detect your phone until you configure it. After connecting your phone in USB mode, you will see a new button appear in the left-hand column called "Unconfigured Device". Click on that and follow the steps to configure how you want it to synchronize your music.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayonaise1091 View Post
    I'll have a solution for you soon in terms of removal. Just took a look at my system and it seems the uninstaller is not being moved to where it should be. I have some manual steps if you want to try them, otherwise I will send you a copy of the uninstaller when I get to my computer.

    Uninstall FoneSync:
    * Delete the FoneSync folder in C:\Program Files (or Program Files (x86) if on a 64-bit system)
    * Run regedit and remove the "FoneSyncLibrary" entry in the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    * Delete the Library.db3 file in your Music folder that was configured during setup

    That will remove the application and its settings, allowing you to reinstall as if it were never installed. And it will not detect your phone until you configure it. After connecting your phone in USB mode, you will see a new button appear in the left-hand column called "Unconfigured Device". Click on that and follow the steps to configure how you want it to synchronize your music.
    It was still in program files on 64-bit win7. Cannot find in regedit, what is the full path? Even with the device in USB mode and able to copy and move files in windows explorer it wasnt being recognised. If I can uninstall and retry the problems may hopefully go away
  20. #20  
    Wow,wow, it looks like wonderful. it very useful for me.
    Thanks for your share. i am looking forward to the next writing....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions