Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    I don't really have much of a choice, do I?
    I suppose you could quit... please don't quit though!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I do intend to stick it out until the end. webOS is the best out there and I hope to be with it forever.
    ****Reducing Inventory****
    ###FOR SALE###

VZW Pre+ 1.4.5 500/1000 on demand Lithium 418
    White ATT Veer 2.1.2 with 1.4 on demand Lithium 122
    Black ATT Veer 2.1.2 Stock Lithium 196 - broken screen, spare parts
    webOS internals NA Pre3 2.2.4 Stock Lithium 111
    I'm in for the long haul. Just give me more apps and keep up with regular incremental improvements and I'll be satisfied. However, if a year from now there's no new hardware, no significant improvements to the rate of native app development (or no OpenMobile Android apps ), then HP would be forcing me to reevaluate my options...
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Gonna try to hang in there, have to see how it goes.
    Stay strong, Tex!
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Hangin' in at least till end of the year. Updates of OS and access to more apps might extend that further out. Happy with Veer (personal) and Pre3 (work) and Touchpad 64gb.
    Only missing my old Treo650 for the excellent MobileXT app (routeplanner) and stability of Office apps.
    I will be sticking with webOS until Android gets better email and calender apps that what webOS has built in. I got my TP specifically for those apps and the Android versions SUCK.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I got a Pre3, I figure that will carry me forward at least a year. My plan was to wait until then to re-evaluate.

Since making that decision, the whole open source thing has been spelled out and given a timeline. I feel no particular reason to rush to any decision. The Pre3 is a great phone. We'll see what happens. But right now I like WebOS better than any of the alternatives.
    I've been using my Pre - faithfully since I got it back in July 2009. With my contract with Sprint long since over, I was hoping to move to a Pre 3 either on Sprint or Verizon, but that never happened. It was making me wonder if I should move on to an iOS device (I do have an iPad 2) or an Android device.

Two weeks ago, I took the plunge and did the FrankenPre 2 conversion of my trusty reliable friend. I must say that it has a new lease on life. Very much enjoying the new hardware and having the latest version of webOS (2.2.4) while still using my existing Sprint plan. This meets my needs perfectly.

I'm happy to stick around with webOS and see how HP's plan works out. Even if HP doesn't produce new hardware, I'd like to see the open source version implemented on other smartphones to present the best of hardware technology with the best of moble operating systems.
    ashi and wayoutawack like this.
    Screen protector + extra battery

BRING IT 8D

If my Pre breaks, I'll probably jump back to my old Tungsten
    Last edited by xandros9; 02/04/2012 at 08:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpmg View Post
    I've been using my Pre - faithfully since I got it back in July 2009. With my contract with Sprint long since over, I was hoping to move to a Pre 3 either on Sprint or Verizon, but that never happened. It was making me wonder if I should move on to an iOS device (I do have an iPad 2) or an Android device.

Two weeks ago, I took the plunge and did the FrankenPre 2 conversion of my trusty reliable friend. I must say that it has a new lease on life. Very much enjoying the new hardware and having the latest version of webOS (2.2.4) while still using my existing Sprint plan. This meets my needs perfectly.

I'm happy to stick around with webOS and see how HP's plan works out. Even if HP doesn't produce new hardware, I'd like to see the open source version implemented on other smartphones to present the best of hardware technology with the best of moble operating systems.
    Now you need a TouchPad
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Cyberpmg likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Now you need a TouchPad
    Maybe I'll get one if I can win the health fitness contest...
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Well in my inventory I still have a Pre 3, a Veer, Pre Plus and a Pre classic. Until they all die, then maybe I'll go back to my Nokia E51.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I have no plans to move away from WebOS. Like many others, I've tried the other two main players... Just don't like them, so I can't see myself leaving WebOS anytime soon.
    -= Gihmley =-

Alas, poor WebOS... we barely knew ye...
    I'm on board until someone else comes out with an equivalently functional tablet as the touchpad for $99, with as slick an os; i.e. for awhile.

If I could get words with friends and StumbleUpon on webOS I'd mate for life...
    I'm still here!
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    I really tried to like Android. I bought the VZW LTE Galaxy Nexus. But then with no swipe to delete email, universal search a lot slower, always needing to charge but no touchstone, and a tendency to drop signal randomly, I found my self a lot less productive with Android.

and so I guess with my habits no ingrained, it will be Pre- forever for me
    If the title of this thread had quotes around "long haul" the answers would be a lot different. Sort of like the oxford comma and JFK.

I'm with webOS if faster, warrantied hardware, and launcher customization happen. But that's just me. Oh and more time wasting games!

Edit: also, keeping inductive charging is a huge plus, if possible.
    Last edited by NickVTPre; 02/03/2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Inductive Charging!
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I am on my second Pre- and I love my Touchpad, so I guess I'm in for the long haul. Not only love the OS, but really appreciate the Homebrew community. When I tell my non-webos friends about the tweaks and patches I have done with my phone, I can tell that they are really jealous behind those glazed over eyes. LOL
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I'm going to switch to a Nokia Lumia 900 and on AT&T. That way if webOS starts picking up again all I have to do is just pop in a sim and go.
    Had a Palm Pre on Sprint in 09 now using nexus s 4g but if new hardware comes down the road ill definably get it, just in time for contract to expire next august. So only using a TP to remember the feel of WebOs.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast