1.    #1  
    Who can forget the good old days of Palm and Palm OS and being able to beam apps, contacts, etc. Is there anything like this for webOS? I'd like to send things to my Veer from my Pre 3. Thanks in advance!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    Who can forget the good old days of Palm and Palm OS and being able to beam apps, contacts, etc. Is there anything like this for webOS? I'd like to send things to my Veer from my Pre 3. Thanks in advance!
    not that i would know of any app that could transfer apps, but there are apps that can transfer txt,links,map locations like neato! or DataJog

neato! also can send contacts to other "neato! friends" (which would be your two palm profiles on your phones).

And there is hopper now to transfer between two browsers, but i did not test if this works in webos
    https://gethopper.com/

All these possibilities are transfering stuff via internet, so something like bluetooth transfer or NFC is not possible on webOS for now (except TouchToShare with URLs and Pre3/TouchPad only)

I also miss bt-transfer of files (contact card, i-cal appointments, pictures...) hopefully opensourcing will bring it to Open webOS
  3.    #3  
    thanks!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Also, beaming requires an infrared sensor which most current devices do not have (proximity ir sensor notwithstanding...
    hmmm! I wonder if...).

Ir transfer was the quickest, most convenient way to send data to a nearby device - no pairing or in-between networks needed - but it is foolishly left out of designs today. I imagine that as Apple "innovate" and implement it, the pack are gonna play catch up as they always do. This would have been much more useful than TTS, and possibly faster too.
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Also, beaming requires an infrared sensor which most current devices do not have (proximity ir sensor notwithstanding...
    hmmm! I wonder if...).

Ir transfer was the quickest, most convenient way to send data to a nearby device - no pairing or in-between networks needed - but it is foolishly left out of designs today. I imagine that as Apple "innovate" and implement it, the pack are gonna play catch up as they always do. This would have been much more useful than TTS, and possibly faster too.
    NFC could work
    Also, Android Beam does not use IR
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive