1.    #1  
    So lets say Open Source Web OS takes off. Hardware manufactures start to actually install it on their phones or make it available. Could "Palm" the entity ever come back into existence?

I'm assuming not since HP owns all their patients right?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    not unless hp sells it or spins it off as a separate company

kind of sad. i remember having one of those old palm pda devices. the one with the yellow monochrome, non-backlit screens :P
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    I've had palm devices since the Palm IIIxe (Palm V, m105, Tungsten, TX, Treo 680, Pre+) and currently rock a Pre3 and 3 TouchPads. Thus, I'm anything but a Palm hater. With that being said, Palm was a failure as a ongoing entity. And, while its great technology lives on in WebOS, I can't imagine any benefits with associating future hardware or software with the Palm name.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    He'll no it couldn't. Besides you really wanna go through the rollercoaster ride again? Its best to just let that name fade away. Move on! Nothing you'd wanna see by that name anylonger.
    The Palm brand is probably ruined. And it was ruined by many, many people.

I would like to see the Palm's PalmOS idea's live on - real PIM deeply integrated into the operating system, syncing, offline caching.

I'd also like to see Palm's WebOS idea's live on - gestures, cards, just type, multi-tasking, etc.

Wouldn't it be nice? In the meantime, I have my Pre3 and my Touchpad. Happy.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Sadly, no.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Conceptually, yes, it could. It would require the cooperation of HP in some way, either by them reviving the Palm brand themselves or selling the rights to it.

Realistically... no. HP closed it down, and then lit it on fire when they killed the hardware. Palm is dead, and it's not coming back.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    What a waste that would be if it doesn't come back. The most logical name for an handheld device.
    "Palm Open Source" <=> Palm O.S.?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    its the best name for anything handheld
    im sure we will see it in some form in the future
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive