Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree195Likes
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Not sure if this was mentioned. I have Sprint Pre and I hate when I'm on two calls I can't hang up only one call.

When on two different calls the ability to hang up one of the calls.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Advance configuration for app launcher (Touch Pad) Love it on my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsquare View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned. I have Sprint Pre and I hate when I'm on two calls I can't hang up only one call.

When on two different calls the ability to hang up one of the calls.
    I think I heard this is a network issue, not the phone itself
  4.    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I think I heard this is a network issue, not the phone itself
    That's correct. All Sprint phones have this problem, which is incredibly frustrating. Even my Sprint iPhone fails at this.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    That's correct. All Sprint phones have this problem, which is incredibly frustrating. Even my Sprint iPhone fails at this.
    Isn't this a CDMA problem in general, not just a Sprint problem?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    My Wish List:

=> Portuguese;
    => World App Catalog;
    => Portuguese;
    => Sell in Brazil;
    => Portuguese;
    => Pay for Apps ou services in our carrier bills;
    => Portuguese.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    No problems with Android. Flash the one then flash back. However when two persons are talking the third call comes in , cannot add that to the conversation. I think it is to do with CDMA.
    Implement 'type ahead' select boxes or dropdown menus all over the OS. It works some kind of in the calendar app
    in the day dropdown: typing on keyboard '05' works and selects 05
    in the month view typing 'de' selects DEZ

In many other text select boxes no type ahead narrowing for selection list does not work.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I wish I can just swipe left or right down the bezel (gesture area) to switch between app cards, on both phones and Touchpad!

Agreed - I miss advanced gestures on the Touchpad. Without a gesture area, it gets complicated. OS-level gesture area like the ICS soft button row would be nice. I'd give up a lil' real estate for that.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Back to old Palm pda days the ability to set categories for groups in contacts. Ex. Family, friends, business, doctor, etc.
    rgloor and bethel95 like this.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Back to old Palm pda days the ability to set categories for groups in contacts. Ex. Family, friends, business, doctor, etc.
    +1

Sync with the google groups.
    Touch To Share for streaming music like spotify, grooveshark.. Phone >> touchpad. (realize future hardware dependant)
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    An ability to choose various options for backup and sync.

1. What to backup and sync.
    2. When to backup and sync - I personally prefer nights when I am not actively using it.
    3. Which connection to use - I prefer using WiFi over data for this.
    My Wish List:

Basics like:
    -new webOS Hardware from HP
    -more apps
    -more speed!
    -more synergy accounts
    -touch-to-share advanced
    -more apps available for Pre 3!!!!
    -advanced bluetooth support

App Catalog:
    -more speed and better UI
    -Pivot advanced; with special app-sales; app previews with notification-function when the app releases and detailed explanation of few app functionality
    -app bundle-function-->2, 3, 4, or 5 apps in a bundle with a fix-cost, from one or more developers created
    -flexible app bundle-->you choose from packages with 2, 3, 4, or 5 apps with a fix-cost, then you see which apps are available for this offer

Apps:
    -whatsApp
    -Ares 2.0 App for TouchPad and iOS/Android/Windows tablets
    -advanced Bing Maps App from HP; with more speed, offline modus, 3D graphics
    -better facebook app; with chat and also more speed

Launcher:
    -advanced launcher settings, with new page, delete page, rename page
    -folder function for apps (like iOS)

others:
    -USB functionality for TouchPad
    -HDMI functionality
    -use webos-phone for remote apps on TouchPad

...more to come
    +1 on contact categories and add the same for the calendar.

I've come to suspect that the reason this wasn't done in webOS was a misguided idea that it wasn't needed for compatibility with Google contacts and calendar (and that universal search would suffice). I'll admit that it would have been difficult to accept losing all my calendar categories whenever I was working in Google Calendar on my desktop, and I may have still ended up creating multiple Google calendars to replicate categories. On the other hand, if Palm had stuck with calendar categories, maybe Google would have eventually seen the light.

As for contact categories, there was simply no good reason for abandoning them. I begged for this in webOS every time HP called me for one of their marketing surveys. They just didn't seem to get it that sometimes a user doesn't remember a good search term, and may need to browse a small subset of all contacts in order to find what he's looking for ("No, I don't remember that appraiser's name--let me check my 'real estate' category.").

To compensate for this deficiency, I've abandoned company names and use that field for my own "category" keywords. If I need to remember a company name, I just append it to the "job title" field.
    ...like Gmail labels, only with tag group nesting (to allow for some complexity).

If I had this, I wouldn't need a hierarchical folder structure for my data files (though storing each app's data in its own USB drive folder would be nice for backup/restore reasons).

Shoot, I'd love to have this in my desktop OS...
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Better search when typing numbers in to phone app. When you use the keyboard to type in phone number search is not very accurate.
    A notification log in Settings panel that has all the notifications you received in order (with dividers for calendar days). Each notification can be opened and appear again, or swiped to remove from the log. This way you can see old notifications without chasing them out of a handful of apps to find out what it was.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    for physical keyboard on phone ax well as virtual keyboard on Touchpad add arrow keys to move cursor when not at end of line text as in a web browser or when renaming a file in bookmarks.

PS - Ability to bring up special layout of keyboard that first appears when you are typing in the browser for the first time. The .com etc.