Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree195Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Separate history and bookmark buttons. Too many steps
    Not only that, I want the bookmarks history panel to be sticky and resize when I close it. Just like my desk top browser
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    How about app update changelogs? I'd like to see what 's changed in the app before I update it. iOS does it, why not webOS?
    Dsquare likes this.
    File Transfer.

Please. Either getting a file off of the Pre/Touchpad is a 5-step email (if you have a signal), or an blatant admonishment of forgetting your USB Cable. When Bluetooth is already on my laptop and works with any other mobile device I have. (Yes, setup sucks, but once it's paired, I find it easy to use.)
    Good thread not sure if some of these were mention but...

Message app should have separate buddy list for different clients... I mean come on
    also would love to chose which ones to sign in and which ones not to at a time...

No option to make calendar app open in month view... there was a patch for that (should be built in) but not for Pre3

I'm so tired of seeing a black bar at the bottom of all my apps (Pre3) there are solutions but shouldn't be necessary

have pdk compatibility issues (Pre3) again shouldn't be a problem
    Search in notes field in contacts, and all other fields for that matter.
    How about a system preference to designate your preferred web browser as the default browser?
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    dont have "updated" apps go to the top of "new" apps (because erm their not new?)
    I get your point, but I really like being able to see what apps have been updated, especially ones I've bookmarked as interesting but haven't yet purchased because they didn't quite seem ready for prime time. Until there are so many truly new apps being released on a weekly basis that the list is longer than two screens, I don't see this as a problem.

Once the number of new releases picks up, then yeah, it would make sense to add a separate "Updated" tab.

One addition I'd like to see now is some kind of time mark in the list (like in Preware; i.e., "Today," "This week," "Past month").
    How about some file sorting options in Photos & Videos? It's really not that bad an app (for a file browser & viewer), but the lack of any sorting makes it unnecessarily hard to use.
    Dsquare likes this.
    ICS: ICalImporter
    Birthdays in Calendar: BirthdayEvents
    Open Calendar in MonthView: UberCalendar
    Icons in Events: UberCalendar
    Better Agenda: AgendaZ
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    As best I can tell, the Bluetooth keyboard shortcuts (select all, cut, copy, paste) don't work in the browser, as they do in every other app I've tried.

This needs to be fixed!!
    We need better notes/memos like the app ClassicNote by Sebastian Stoecklein. This is a fantastic app which most closely resembles the Note function in the palm/treo devices and in palm desktop that I came to love and embrace. I painstakingly transfered each of my memos on my pre to classic notes...one by one, re-established my categories and now I am all set albeit with no sync capability.

For the life of me, I can not understand why WebOS has this terrible app called Memo. No categories, no ability to search, no password protection or ability to make private, no data on when the memo was created or last edited and a most unfriendly method of listing the memos with small post-its. I had hundreds of memos errr notes. Everything from my kids hockey schedule, key notes on palm work arounds, medical notes, sports rosters for my kids and pro....and I had it all with easy categories to look items up. Memos is the most unuseable app for a large about of notes I have ever seen. It is like they (Palm/HP) paid no attention to what was in palm desktop/palms/treos and threw it out. I would like the app to sync with my palm desktop via companionlink. Finally, companionlink syncs these memos but memos on the pre is such a disorganized mess, I had to turn it off and rely on ClassicNote. I back it up using save restore and occassionally update my palm desktop by cutting and pasting items from ClassicNote to Palm Desktop via companionlink sync.

Please, junk WebOS memo and adopt ClassicNote as the default memo/note application so I can sync it. I beg HP/WebOS community to make it happen.
    I just had a thought, it would be great, and I wish that the notification banners had auto scroll text. This would be useful and truely give notifications that less intrusive and minimise interuptions as you could read the full notification with out stopping what you are currently doing.

That would be great.
    I also wish you could flag/set follow-up status to SMS/IM messages like you can on email. Also, I wish you could set follow-up reminders/alarms on emails too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    With webOS going open source and HP redoubling their development efforts to support the endeavor, one might look to their phone or tablet and suddenly start seeing areas in which webOS could be improved. There are wholesale changes and additions that could be made to the OS or small tweaks to a particular part of a specific app or even alterations made to the back-end services that uses don't see. So we thought we'd actually go and take a look at where those alterations could be made - it's the webOS wish list.

First entry: App Catalog changelogs. It's a small item, but really, how hard could it be?

What else?
    When prompting whether to add person as new or existing contact, show any contacts that have matching info, and provide a searchbox for checking if person already exists.
    Virtual keyboard that supports many languages
    Browser with option to load/not load image
    Faster in basic function ex: Phone and sms
    I'm not sure its been mentioned but for me the worst thing in webos are replies above the quote in the email app. WHY can't there bean option to set where the reply should be. I know some people love upposting but I hate it and there should be an option to choose.

Except for mentioned patching of launcher and top bar, I have another wish.

Go back to webos 1.4.5 card view zoom-out. It would be really usefull in the touchpad as well as on the phones. Also, allow closing apps that are not currently in focus in the card view (possible in 1.4.5. Not in any newer versions)

Wave launcher in the touchpad - why is it gone ?

Last but not least - standardize the go back button on the tp - I'd prefer the swipe back eithrr way but loking how to get to a previous screen i n any given app on the tp is extremally frustrsting. - I know it has been mentioned but just a reminder that a swipe back would be perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by hyrob View Post
    I'm not sure its been mentioned but for me the worst thing in webos are replies above the quote in the email app. WHY can't there bean option to set where the reply should be. I know some people love upposting but I hate it and there should be an option to choose.

Except for mentioned patching of launcher and top bar, I have another wish.

Go back to webos 1.4.5 card view zoom-out. It would be really usefull in the touchpad as well as on the phones. Also, allow closing apps that are not currently in focus in the card view (possible in 1.4.5. Not in any newer versions)

Wave launcher in the touchpad - why is it gone ?

Last but not least - standardize the go back button on the tp - I'd prefer the swipe back eithrr way but loking how to get to a previous screen i n any given app on the tp is extremally frustrsting. - I know it has been mentioned but just a reminder that a swipe back would be perfect.
    +1 on all of those, especially the searching how to go back on touchpad. And yes stacks plus mini cards would be awsome
    Last edited by laingman; 03/04/2012 at 08:14 AM.
  18.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by hyrob View Post
    That's really the worst thing? I send and receive a lot of email and 99.9% of it is reply on top. In fact it always throws me for a loop when somebody sends me a reply with the new text at the bottom.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    That's really the worst thing? I send and receive a lot of email and 99.9% of it is reply on top. In fact it always throws me for a loop when somebody sends me a reply with the new text at the bottom.
    Me too. Very confusing and unprofessional. They've set it for the 99%, everyone else can scroll to the bottom. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Me too. Very confusing and unprofessional. They've set it for the 99%, everyone else can scroll to the bottom. :P
    Opera's email client does the bottom thing and it drives me crazy. Actually they claim that's the correct way to do it and the 99% who like it at the top are just wrong. I think the answer is options.