Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes
    This is a whishlist, so i give it a shot:

Hardware:

Make use of the USB Port and use as TV-Out (both webOS 3.x.x and 2.x.x)

MicroUSB Memorysticks to upgrade the Memory of the devices on the go (No need to hack the devices)
    Especially for our mobile devices.

Software:

Get a decent browser done with all features a modern browser should offer. I know it takes time to do so, but we have to get ahead.

Offer different launcher options - just the other day i had a great idea for visual changes.

Make Android applications natively integrated into (open) webOS
    Get Maemo5/6/MeeGo applications to run natively (we had it the other way around, didnīt we?)
    Get GRUB as a mobile edition
    Get Ubuntu done natively
    Get Windows 8 done natively
    Get PROPER Games for the devices

Bluetooth Mouse Support
    Bluetooth sharing option with network abilities

Extend Touch-to-share option as follows:
    Pictues are wirelessly synced between host and client (i.e showing pictues on Touchpad (host) and Streaming ('or syncing) to other device (client))
    Recognize when both devices are in Exhibition mode and create a new display mode with new setup.

Enable remote access to other files - DLNA support between devices !
    Maybe even RemoteAccess to webOS from the browser aka. webOS ?

Better profile management on the device and online.

Offer First use of device without activation (It is quite annoying to search for a hotspot when you are on the go)
    Offer Free Coffe on the go

Somebody please start adapting openwebOS to new hardware so the OS still getīs to live on !
    Imagine webOS on some sweet Samsung or Apple Hardware....

OwOS - has the right to live on and come back as it deserves to

BTW: 1+ for the Browser agent. Since we are so close to the iPad 1+2īs formfactor, why not just use it as a disguise ?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Please, please, please let me assign my own icons to the web browser bookmarks instead of taking a snippet of the corner of the webpage.
    trgrant likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carini View Post
    Please, please, please let me assign my own icons to the web browser bookmarks instead of taking a snippet of the corner of the webpage.
    You can already do that. Instead of bookmarks, select page then add to launcher. Move the screen around and zoom in/out until you get what you want. Or get an image from google and use that.

Or use an app such as shortcut launcher in the app catalog.
    Separate history and bookmark buttons. Too many steps
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    You can already do that. Instead of bookmarks, select page then add to launcher. Move the screen around and zoom in/out until you get what you want. Or get an image from google and use that.

Or use an app such as shortcut launcher in the app catalog.
    You are talking about adding bookmarks to the launcher. I am talking about adding bookmarks to the bookmark list inside the browser. Are you suggesting there is a way to set the icon in the bookmark list?
    my wish list:
    ability to move entire stacks of cards
    organize app icons in folders - not just in the tabs
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Show filename of photo when being viewed and also show the filename of each photo in the thumbnail view.
    Need this function as a photographer when showing portfolio.

Arrow keys on keyboard.
    I use my tablet as a sales tool. It would be nice to have a decent media player, one capable off having a playlist where I can pick movies easily based on where the discussion leads.

Maybe one exists? I've looked on the HP apps and have tried a few different players to no avail.
    It would be useful to be able to secure the screen from rotating.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasStig View Post
    I use my tablet as a sales tool. It would be nice to have a decent media player, one capable off having a playlist where I can pick movies easily based on where the discussion leads.

Maybe one exists? I've looked on the HP apps and have tried a few different players to no avail.
    hmm. what sort of an interface are you thinking of?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Support full Enterprise WiFi like PEAP MS-CHAP v2 on Phones:

https://developer.palm.com/distribut...4a333da#p98054
    Firefox
    Writer
    Calc
    What can be said at all can be said clearly, and what we cannot talk about we must pass over in silence.
    Quote Originally Posted by angi0203 View Post
    Firefox
    Writer
    Calc
    There is already a calculator available.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanKr View Post
    Tabbed browsing. 'nuff said.
    Advanced Browser already has that.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Quote Originally Posted by chillrobot View Post
    Here's my wishlist (based on experience with 2.x on Pre Plus):
    Hardware...
    ]
    That's the main one! Hardware. I want a new webOS phone.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    More colors in the calender. Palmos had a lot more then webos
    What I'd like to see is the ability to have the screen turned off in exhibition mode - I charge my touchpad overnight on the dock, apart from the light constantly on, I'd like to save wear and tear on the screen itself - it may be rated at thousands of hours of use, but it's still a finite figure....

Thanks

Carl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
    It would be useful to be able to secure the screen from rotating.
    Top right corner menu:

Turn On Rotation Lock
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2Ē about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Top right corner menu:

Turn On Rotation Lock
    Funny how I always forget that is there when I want it the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carini View Post
    You are talking about adding bookmarks to the launcher. I am talking about adding bookmarks to the bookmark list inside the browser. Are you suggesting there is a way to set the icon in the bookmark list?
    You are right, I was talking about adding bookmarks to the launcher, I dont know if that works for inside the browser. Anyway I have no use for those inside the browser, a list view to me is more useful, and fits more.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast