Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes
    a mysms.com plugin :-)

awesome app.. sending sms from any browser... -sad- it only works for Android/IOS
    Threaded Email and Conversation View (like Thunderbird does) so I can see all mails of a certain coversation, not just the ones I have sent.
    rgloor and Igor987 like this.
    Contact reminder (or "the hidden treasure")

I like the contact reminder a lot but the implementation could have some usabilty enhancements. It's like it's always showing up *too late when i establish the connection.

•on call connection it pops up fast (at least on 2.2.4) but the notification is so slow before i can press it, so almost every time the contact is *already talking before i can read it. And whats even worse is that the *proximity sensor kicks in making it very difficult to change cards.
    -> would like a configurable instant popup of the card or at least faster notification popup cycle on the reminder popup

• on message sending it pops up after having the message send *This is always too late as the message is already send and i would have to send another one with the reminder topic.
    -> reminder should popup after selecting a conversation, or typing the message in the conversation. On new message after selecting the contact in the newly typed message.

• on sending AND recieving email there is no reminder at all, which sould be as this is stated in the contact reminder card. I have no patches that i know of that could prevent this popup on email .
    -> At least i should be able to configure this behaviour.
    chillrobot likes this.
    wanted to thank you derek for the truly global app catalog article on frontpage, but can't do frontpage commenting on webos 2.x devices since some time: http://forums.webosnation.com/site-f...ml#post3294764

So i thank you here for this great wrap up of the pirating discussion with Dan.
    The return of nanplayer
    cujoq37 and Garrett92C like this.
    yes pleeeease bring nanplayer back
    Yeah, that handoff to a new developer after JC went to work for Palm didn't really take off it would appear.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    + Universal search - search email body ...
    + Bluetooth file transfer
    + Have websites recognize WebOS as mobile browser and send pages appropiately
    + improved browser - fix blank pages, etc...
    Igor987 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Yeah, that handoff to a new developer after JC went to work for Palm didn't really take off it would appear.
    Yeah, poor nanplayer.
    Thing is it doesn't seem as if there was a lot of work to be done. The ui still works on latest versions of webOS, but it can't find the music files. Who knows I a not a developer.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Yeah, poor nanplayer.
    Thing is it doesn't seem as if there was a lot of work to be done. The ui still works on latest versions of webOS, but it can't find the music files. Who knows I a not a developer.
    I thought there were UI issues in 2.0.. been a while since I played with it. I'm not sure how much different the new music indexer is from the old one. I know I saw lots of bug reports on the new one though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I thought there were UI issues in 2.0.. been a while since I played with it. I'm not sure how much different the new music indexer is from the old one. I know I saw lots of bug reports on the new one though.
    Loaded it up on 2.2.4 and everything seems to work fine, sans music of course
    updated and capable version of flash. Playing back Youtube-Videos is just plain terrible at the moment. Choppy, stopping every few seconds. Nowhere near a desktop experience or even the dedicated Youtube-App on my rather old Palm Pre Plus. (to be honest, I don't know if this is the result of a poor flash-player implementation or the overall "lagginess" of webos)
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChLange View Post
    updated and capable version of flash. Playing back Youtube-Videos is just plain terrible at the moment. Choppy, stopping every few seconds. Nowhere near a desktop experience or even the dedicated Youtube-App on my rather old Palm Pre Plus. (to be honest, I don't know if this is the result of a poor flash-player implementation or the overall "lagginess" of webos)
    Hi,

the problem with Flash is Flash. It is an amazing ressource eater ... you can watch this on every device - even a super cow powered workstation: the CPU usage is jumping up instantly. That is the reason why Adobe will discontinue the mobile Flash player.

At the moment I see it like this: While every iOS user is moaning about the many sites they are not able to use properly (as the web designers made a bad job), I am happy with the knowledge that I *could* use the pages - even if it was at the price of lagginess.
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net • donate
    Open webOS, maybe this time we can allow .jar programs tu run on it...big shot...thousands of useful apps...but that's just my mind.
    Multiple log ins.make it like windows

It would be nice to also have the option of sub-profiles. So still the main webos profile but it will now sync separate notes, tasks, contacts to the cloud.
    Last edited by Greg Mair; 02/12/2012 at 08:52 AM.
    General:
    * Accelerometer switch on all webOS Devices
    * Virtual Keyboard on all webOS Devices (with built-in Arrow Keys)
    * Predictive typing
    * Built-in Visual Voicemail app
    * Built-in Pattern Lock option
    * 'Found This Phone/Owner Info' toggle to display contact info if phone is lost on Pattern Lock/PIN/Password Lock screens
    * Built-in turn-by-turn navigation app to compete with other operating systems
    * 'Just Talk' or some sort of Voice Input system to compete with Siri and Vlingo
    * Reliable QR/Barcode reader app (maybe an improvement of HP's Codescan app?)
    * Option to connect to Wi-Fi hotspot before having to login to webOS account
    * Option for emulator on TouchPad to run apps in 1.5x or 2x mode (with on/off option)
    * Support more audio and video file-types by default on all devices
    * Wireless printing on all webOS devices
    * Amazon MP3 app on all webOS devices
    * Ability to set Piscel Smart Office as default handler of office file-types
    * Ability to remove Tasks/Memos/most 'built-in' apps when replacing it with a third-party option
    * Either Make/Renew deals with Hulu/Netflix/iHeartRadio/Amazon (Kindle)/Shazam/Gameloft/EA Games/PopCap/Zynga/ZeptoLab/Lima Sky/etc or buy and include ACL as an option to expand the app selection on all webOS devices

App Catalog:
    * Enyo Style Panes instead of Back Button
    * Global App Catalog
    * Paypal as payment option
    * All Pre/Pre2/Pre3/Pixi/Veer apps available in the TouchPad App Catalog (in compatibility mode) whether being marked for the TouchPad or not since the emulator can run them.
    * Gift Cards
    * Changelogs

Backup:
    * Backup should backup all settings in webOS (including Text Assist, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, VPN, Date/Time, Screen & Lock, Calendar, Contacts, Email, and Web) and it's default apps as well as let you decide what is backed up or not
    * After doctoring or on a new device option to restore from backup or 'start fresh' upon logging in

Bluetooth:
    * Ability to send files via Bluetooth
    * DUN support
    * Use Pre 2/Pre3/Veer keyboard as Bluetooth keyboard for TouchPad
    * Two-Way Sync of Messages/Email from TouchPad to Pre2/Pre3/Veer by dismissing notifications of Messages/Email read on Tablet on the Phone and vice-versa

Calculator:
    * Conversion Mode / Tip Calculator built-in

Calendar:
    * Ubercalendar style calendar (and settings) built into webOS
    * Date picker in calendar grid format

Camera:
    * Take pictures from front and rear cameras in single camera app
    * Zoom, effects, quality options
    * Ability to run at the same time as music app

Contacts/Phone:
    * Per Contact Phone/IM/SMS/Email notification settings for people on-call for work/etc
    * Unknown contact notification settings built into webOS
    * Contact Groups
    * Show call duration in call log
    * Social status (Facebook/Twitter/Google+) in Contacts
    * Show latest emails/messages in Contacts

Email:
    * Delete Email from Dashboard (built into webOS)
    * Ability to select multiple emails at once for deletion/moving to folders, etc
    * Ability to customize which buttons show (such as move-to-folder)
    * Threaded Email (with on/off option)
    * Gmail label support

Facebook:
    * Better support for recent updates such as Timeline/Sort By
    * Ability to poke/reply to pokes from App
    * Better notification of new messages and other notifications (very sporadic currently)

Launcher/Quick Launch:
    * Ability to move Voice Dial icon (no icon should be forced to stay in one panel)
    * Customize number of icons in quick launch
    * Customize number of icons per row in launcher
    * Ability to add/remove panels on all webOS devices
    * Option to set custom icon when creating bookmarks in launcher
    * Icon to quickly get to Just Type settings on all webOS devices (currently only on TouchPad)
    * Enhance Wave Launcher to include all the features shown in the patent application for it (stacked Wave Launcher)

Messaging/Synergy:
    * Customizable font settings
    * Resend option
    * Select All option
    * Character Counter (with on/off option)
    * Windows Live Messanger/WLM
    * Facebook Chat
    * Jabber
    * Synergy support for CalDAV and CardDAV, MS Lync, SyncML
    * Google Task sync

Music:
    * Fix Media Indexer Bug on all webOS devices
    * Allow Shuffle to work properly with more than 500 music files
    * Create Custom Playlists on all webOS devices
    * Better support for reading embedded album art
    * Update default music app to be comparable in features with iMusic or BlackBerry Music Apps
    * Built-in equalizer controls
    * Exclude or hide certain folders of your choice so as to hide non-music sounds from the player

Photos/Videos:
    * Combine Photos/Videos app on all webOS devices
    * Show filenames for photos/videos (with on/off option)
    * Ability to rename photos/videos
    * Ability to add effects, crop, rotate, and resize photos
    * Ability to drag and drop photos/videos from one folder to another
    * Ability to select multiple photos/videos and copy/move/delete them without having to do so one at a time.
    * Snapfish, Photobucket, Facebook, Picasa synergy-enabled photo sync on all webOS devices
    * More sort options

Web Browser:
    * Scrollbars in Web Browser on all webOS Devices (with on/off option)
    * Private Browsing
    * Find in Page ability
    * New Card button (with on/off option)
    * Tabs (with on/off setting)
    * Flash Mobile 11.1
    * Updated version of WebKit
    * Silverlight Support
    * Ability to "mask" browser as Mobile Safari, Android, Internet Explorer to get better mobile web sites with per site settings
    * Gestures
    * Ability to save/remember passwords/auto-complete
    * Tap-Hold Context menu to save video/music files/photos amongst other things
    * Browsable Web-based App Catalog
    Last edited by cbosdell; 04/04/2012 at 08:04 AM.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Google Tasks sync
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    I want to be able to use a bluetooth mouse and keyboard st the same time and hook it up to my big screen please..
    sledge007 likes this.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Tabbed browsing. 'nuff said.
    cbosdell, that was a very well thought out reply.

I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned in this thread already, but file uploads in the browser are a must-have, since some apps are redundant with a tablet and a good browser.
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast