Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NK_Newbury View Post
    Checked yesterday evening and Skype is not available on Touchpad in the UK - not sure why?
    Can you install it using "App Tuckerbox" by WebosInternals in Preware, which overrides georestrictions? Similarly it permits the use of the Kindle app and many others.
    Palm Pilot > IIIc > Vx > LifeDrive > [Nokia N800 > N810] > Pre > Veer > Pre 3 + TouchPad
    A World Wide App Catalog! Please!
    Nokia 1100 - Alcatel OT156A - Motorola C650 - Motorola v220i - Motorola V555 - The Great Motorola V360 - The Amazing Treo 650 - Treo 750 - Original Palm Pre (1.4.5) - Palm Pre2 (2.1) + Touchpad.
    Threaded global communications: IM, Sms, Email and phone calls in one single place!

The must: Tasks, memos and appointments reminded in the same list. Damn it's on my Treo
    tovivekmishra likes this.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thenyboy View Post
    A World Wide App Catalog! Please!
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    I'd go one step further and have the calendar entries for birthday events tell the person's age as well. My Timex watch does this, and it's the only device I've ever seen do such an obvious thing.
    My Palm used to do this :-(
    e-gadget-guy likes this.
    Here's my wishlist (based on experience with 2.x on Pre Plus):
    1. App Catalog available globally, or at least to anyone with a US$ credit card
    2. (Bugfix) When changing a calendar title, and then the event datetime, don't lose the change to the title
    3. (Bugfix) Fix browser so that refocusing a browser card doesnt cause most non-mobile pages to change to blank (especially when using a patch to enable fullscreen, which makes it impossible to reload the page)
    4. Provide a browser autofill API so LastPass can use it
    5. Indicator of sync success/failure, and actionable explanation for any failure
    6. Date picker in calendar grid format
    7. Time picker that includes AM/PM in hour selector
    8. Per-event timezones in calendar
    9. Support in Contacts similar to in Calendar for color-coding and moving across accts
    10. When viewing a Contact in JustType results, show the reminder text instead of Add Reminder
    11. "Open Hours" field in Contacts
    12. (Bugfix) Wide-view option in PDF viewer that allows scrolling to bottom of doc
    13. Support syncing at particular times rather than for specific intervals
    14. Document calendar sync frequency in user manual

Phone hardware
    1. QWERTY candybar, no slider
    2. Replaceable battery
    3. 16GB or support for SDHC
    4. Ringer switch

Accessories
    1. Touchstone that can be connected to computer for combined USB/charge use (to avoid crawling under my desk to detach cable for USB use)
    2. STURDY side holster that allows for easy ONE-HANDED insertion/removal of phone while plugged into headphone jack
    Last edited by chillrobot; 02/01/2012 at 08:35 PM.
    tovivekmishra likes this.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    My wishlist for Open webOS:
    • All-encompassing, all-dominating SUCCESS!
    • A Netflix app
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    If I wish bigger, I'd want enough $ to buy all Palm assets from HP, open-source it under governance of webOS Internals, and call for bids on hardware of two new smartphone profiles: QWERTY candybar and Note-like slate...branded as Palm.
    I want a webOS dock in windows (replace the crapware HP dock that HP windows machines come with) I want this dock to look exactly like the 5 buttons on the webOS tablet with a just type bar included. I want this to autosync with my touchpad and (as long as both are online) keep the most recent version and state of everything on both. If one goes offline then do a 1 to 1 comparison and if the version has changed in both places ask me which to keep. This way I would always have access to my applications and it would be continuous and smooth without most of the downsides of the cloud.

Complicated and over the top, yes, but it would be awesome.

Other more important, but less cool things:
    Faster!!!!!
    power savings mode -when Symbian users were asked what their favorite feature was hands down the ability to toggle bluetooth, the 3G (and obviously 4G) radios, drop the screen brightness, no animations, screen off, under voltage, etc all with one button, won. While it is important that some of this is dynamic too (no need for the 3G/4G radio to be on if the OS knows the screen is off and only the regular data is being pushed) sometimes people would rather wait for their phone and have a longer battery life even under use.
    chillrobot likes this.
    FOLDER LOCK will be great addition
    Quote Originally Posted by NK_Newbury View Post
    Checked yesterday evening and Skype is not available on Touchpad in the UK - not sure why?
    Skype is integrated as an IM type. Add a Skype account for yourself and then to your contacts that have them. It works for voice and video (call with the phone app or via Synergy). Don't know about text chat.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I moved to Palm Pre (Dinosour version) after using Palm Treo 700wx. One of the glaring miss that I saw when i picked up PAlm Pre 3 years ago & which I still miss till day is the ability to Tag my Contacts.

PAlm Pre being able to pull up all my contacts from my gmail is a gerat feature, but that also introduces one big problem. All the junk contacts that I have on my gmail also gets pulled up.

There should be an option to tag/categorize these contacts so that I can search for contacts in a category.

For example, I attend a lot of events for my business & I end up adding several names in my contacts in just 30 minutes. After I go back to work, its a hard time to recollect the names. If WebOs allowed users to assign a category to the contact when they are being entered, life becomes so very easy.

I was so very happy when this was developed in the Homebrew app - Contacts Plus, but that app never got updated...

so thats my wish for the new upgrades to WebOS - Please add the ability to assign category to the contacts.
    1 - I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I would love if we could "quick scroll" through the cards. right now, a swipe will only move you the the very next card. I would like it, if in stead of going to the next card, it would scroll, until you tap on the card that you want.

2 - I would also love to see integrated email and calendar tools. You know, if I get an email about an upcoming event, I can "copy" it to an event on the Calendar, and then when I see the calendar Item I can open the email for any notes/attachments that were included in it.

3 - I would love a task manager as well. There are some good one's out there, but I would like one that is integrated with my email, and my calendar for similar reasons to request #2.
    You have a point about the scrolling, can be a pain if you have a lot of cards especially now that we don't have the mini cards anymore. But I have trained myself to make stacks so that there is very little scrolling necessary.
    That's right. Palm started the stylus. Phones got away from it with finger pens. But guess what everyone is buying again? Capacitive pens! Even Capacitive pens with a ball point pen on the other tip. Uhh...I've had that with my Palm 3 and all my Palm since....till I went to the Pixi Plus and now the Pre 2. And guess what? I used to ALWAYS have a pen on me. Now I NEVER do. Whoever makes the next WEBOS phone needs to put a built in thin capacitive pen (Not much bigger than the Treo pen) with a ball point tip on the other end.

BRING BACK THE STYLUS!!!
  16.    #96  
    Additional food for thought:

Lock-screen Exhibition
    Multi-device profiles
    App Catalog gift cards (individual app gifting by third parties and monetary promo codes)
    View list of recent emails, messages, and social statuses in Contacts
    Predictive typing
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    You have a point about the scrolling, can be a pain if you have a lot of cards especially now that we don't have the mini cards anymore. But I have trained myself to make stacks so that there is very little scrolling necessary.
    Yes, the stacks are nice, but when you surfing, Facebook, playing a game, and checking email doesn't make a lot of sense to stack.
    Quote Originally Posted by trgrant View Post
    Yes, the stacks are nice, but when you surfing, Facebook, playing a game, and checking email doesn't make a lot of sense to stack.
    I don't follow what you mean. How would the fast scrolling make more sense than stacks?
    I always thought it'd be awesome to have different card view behaviors, and take a.. card.. from Apple's Expose.

1. Default, card view goes to stack view.
    2. In the "open" area where the background is viewable there is kind of a four-corners view you could imagine as Expose hotspots.
    3. Actions could be assignable to the hotspot areas.
    -- "Table" view - shrink cards and toss them onto a table so all are visible. Can still be swiped away.
    -- "Fan-out" view - if you have a stack of 4 cards it will break them out into separate cards in one click.
    -- "Desktop" view - hide all cards.
    -- "Kill" view - swipe all cards.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    e-gadget-guy likes this.
    Some time ago I wrote an email to Palm about a great idea that they can implement on the GUI, a Deck of Cards... minimizing all the open cards in a deck located at the top, for example. That will be awesome, you know to appreciate the background while running apps.
    * |< 3 |_ \/ 0 |2 G *
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast