Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Isandunk View Post
    Text selection in webOS isn't bad. It's just without any way to consistently and accurately select a point where you would like to amend in text means that it's almost not worth trying. And if we're comparing to other major platforms - like you have been doing - then both iOS and Android have a magnifying glass effect which is massively helpful.
    Personally I love how easy it is in webos to delete the whole word and start over, the curser doesnt even have to be at the end of the word. Pretty sure I can do that faster than the magnifying glass thing most of the time.

And if its to delete a series of words, forget about it. Webos destroys them faster than you can think magnifying glass. You pick your poison I guess
    Last edited by laingman; 01/24/2012 at 05:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NK_Newbury View Post
    How about a Kindle style e-reader and also a VOIP system like Skyp or Oovoo too?
    Skype? But pre3 and touchpad both already have Skype do they not?
    Some good ideas here. The beauty of WebOS is its simplicity. If we add too much, it wont be WebOS? (thats aquestion)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Everything that everyone said about PIM data +10000000

My list:

1. Bluetooth file transfer

2. Proper contact groups

3. A year view in calendar
    Last edited by katefields; 01/24/2012 at 09:42 AM.
    rgloor likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Some good ideas here. The beauty of WebOS is its simplicity. If we add too much, it wont be WebOS? (thats aquestion)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but let's just say there is a difference between simpicity and missing functionality. A calculator is a simple computer. Oh sure, I can input 07734, turn it upside-down and communicate, but that doesn't make it a text messaging device.
    e-gadget-guy likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but let's just say there is a difference between simpicity and missing functionality. A calculator is a simple computer. Oh sure, I can input 07734, turn it upside-down and communicate, but that doesn't make it a text messaging device.
    Sure there is thing or two here and there, but you have to admit that with the simplicity of webos it does a lot more easily than some other systems. I don't think any sarcasm was intended.

Plus if the things that are missing are more important to you than webos then one can always switch to another platform as some have done.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Sure there is thing or two here and there, but you have to admit that with the simplicity of webos it does a lot more easily than some other systems. I don't think any sarcasm was intended.

Plus if the things that are missing are more important to you than webos then one can always switch to another platform as some have done.
    Yes, you're right. No hard feelings intended.
    great points everyone. Let me add this:

+ Exhibition Mode: Be able to disable it or at least allow the screen to auto power off!

having to either a) disable notification, b) put in airplane mode, c) having to press the power button every time the screen decides to turn on is annoying.

Exhibition mode is good for showrooms, not so much in bedrooms
    A vote for Bluetooth mouse support on TP.

Heck, on Pre 3 too.
    e-gadget-guy and markfury like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    For me, PIM is #1. That said, I am not asking for the re-instatement of hotsync -- I realize we live in a world of cloud-connected devices, etc...

That said:
    -Calendar Performance on current WebOS is abysmal. When rendering data direct from the on-device database, things should be snappy. I've waited 30+ seconds sometimes for data to load / display.
    -Tasks and Memos apps: WebOS should have real apps out of the box. Not the jokes we natively have.
    [snip]
    -For those of us WITH ActiveSync, the protocol needs to either support Tasks/Memos, or, the above-mentionned tool should be available to fill in the gap.
    -Universal search. Including all PIM data.
    I just made my next dentist appointment this morning....flipping through 6 monthly views was suprisingly slooow....it insisted on loading the appointment data before it would let me move on to the next month. (I think I've found a better way, now, but I have UberCalendar).

Tasks are so incredibly broken I've virtually had to stop using them. I live in Outlook all day and have ActiveSync. It is incredibly frustrating to not be able to use my tasks like I used to.....no category, no reminder time, and no repeat, and if you update a task with any of those features from your phone, all those features are now gone from that task.

PIMS are where Palm truly excelled....it is so sad the compromises they made for Synergy to work. If it isn't possible to have all the Exchange features and still do the Synergy thing, then we should have a stand-alone app that specifically works....completely....with Exchange.

The wish list here is getting nearly as long and diverse as webOS users .... good luck prioritizing it!
    US Robotics Palm Pilot with 2MB memory upgrade --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Handspring Visor Platinum --> Palm Tungsten T3 --> Palm Treo 680 --> Pre2 --> Touchpad (10 weeks 1 day 23 hours from order to receipt)
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    WebOS:
    - fonts: larger glyph set for displaying and typing more alphabets (first few Unicode blocks up to and including IPA with diacritics; also Arabic, Indic scripts), method for installing new fonts
    - email: threading, better folder management
    - messaging/phoning: simultaneous text and video, other video services
    - PalmOS PIM features :)
    Future webOS devices:
    - full Bluetooth support for file transfer and (tablets) all phone brands
    - full USB functionality including external storage, printer, keyboard/mouse
    - video out
    Essentially, should be able to do what a netbook can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by bonomitch View Post
    Skype? But pre3 and touchpad both already have Skype do they not?
    You are right! Skype is available for Pre3 ( will check my Touchpad this evening) in the UK. Excellent .
    Wasn't there a month or two ago in UK App Cat, so someone somewhere within HP has done something - ta muchly

Next, please please bring NDrive to UK Pre 3...

cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapion View Post
    Every 'smartphone' should be smart enough to automatically make a birthday event + alert on the calendar when we write it on contacts
    I'd go one step further and have the calendar entries for birthday events tell the person's age as well. My Timex watch does this, and it's the only device I've ever seen do such an obvious thing.
    : (){:|:&};:
    MrSaint3 likes this.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crabbz View Post

- PIM apps that are up to par with the old PalmOS PIM apps.
    +1
    ka1 likes this.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crabbz View Post

- Synergy support for CalDAV and CardDAV.

+1
    Last edited by rgloor; 01/31/2012 at 02:33 AM.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I know it is a pretty new Software, but rather than having to trust all personal data (addresses, calendars, etc.) to google, storing the own data in an ownCloud would be great.
    For those who don't know what I am talking about:

www.owncloud.org and www.owncloud.com.

so, a ownCloud-Client for webOS would be great (as a Synergy Service)

- Synergy for ownCloud

That would be cool.
    Last edited by rgloor; 01/31/2012 at 02:34 AM.
    tylla likes this.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    Everything that everyone said about PIM data +10000000

My list:

1. Bluetooth file transfer

2. Proper contact groups

3. A year view in calendar

+1 to all of your points
    #1 on my wishlist is full support for the webOS phones out there - all the open sourcing is currently only discussing Enyo, a framework that only partially works on my Pre3. I'm hoping for a fully functional, open-source Pre3 at the conclusion of this transition. So, regardless of what it requires, I'm hoping for upgrades/updates to keep my webOS-based phone in the loop =)
    Last edited by anseld1986; 01/25/2012 at 07:21 PM.
    If you like my patches or have found them to be helpful to you, please consider donating here for the time I put into making them.
    - All my programming is done in my spare time, so any donations help motivate me to spend more of my limited time on webOS.
    rgloor likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NK_Newbury View Post
    You are right! Skype is available for Pre3 ( will check my Touchpad this evening) in the UK. Excellent .
    Wasn't there a month or two ago in UK App Cat, so someone somewhere within HP has done something - ta muchly

Next, please please bring NDrive to UK Pre 3...

cheers
    Checked yesterday evening and Skype is not available on Touchpad in the UK - not sure why?
    This thread is just great!
    After the full release of WebOS a new web site will be made dedicated to development and improvement. The site will be linked to WebOSNation's forum so all users here will not need to produce an extra login ID.
    There will be available on the site tutorials and developers who are willing to instruct newbies in coding for WebOS. They will be ranked by other users and be provided a badge to distinguish themselves educators, developers, whatever.
    An important feature of the site will include a voting system to prioritize improvements. Each developer profile will carry their own badge/link to their paypal (etc) account for donations. Many developers may decide to work on the same project, whether together or alone so donating to a project isn't as effective as donating to the developer of your choice.
    Lastly, as we have encountered before, there will be provided a section of suggested applications by users. A wishlist, with its own voting system and flags. Comments will be allowed under each project so that everyone may share ideas on the feasibility and value of the proposed application. This website should be easily reached through any device on any platform.

That is my wishlist for WebOS, a fully customizable, user-controlled OS. For the people, by the people.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast