webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > The webOS Wish List
The webOS Wish List
Like Tree195Likes

Old 09/26/2012, 01:59 PM   #241 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
Curious if you ever realized this is already a feature. If you tap the thumbnail it starts playing automatically. If you tap the text, it just opens the info page.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
I see what you saying. I think my frustration is with the 2.2.4 version of youtube and Youtube mini both of which are like youtube clients. Or even from a Google search. If the app is launched from something else won't play. I think
laingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2012, 08:08 AM   #242 (permalink)

A pdf reader/annotator like ezPDF reader that will open on the page you last read and allow mark-up of pdf files.
pworcester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2012, 11:03 AM   #243 (permalink)

It has been mentioned before: it would be a good thing when the non-free apps become available to the rest of the world outside the 'restricted' countries. There are a number of apps I'd like to buy, but the Netherlands is considered apparently a sort of rougue country where doing business is not recommended...
remkroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2012, 11:18 AM   #244 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by remkroon View Post
It has been mentioned before: it would be a good thing when the non-free apps become available to the rest of the world outside the 'restricted' countries. There are a number of apps I'd like to buy, but the Netherlands is considered apparently a sort of rougue country where doing business is not recommended...
I'm betting it has to do with taxation. If you select a different country you may be charged different taxation than your current country. And if your card doesn't accept foreign currency, they're sort of stuck. I still haven't been charged for a couple of apps I bought in USD with a CDN Visa gift card, even though they should be able to do currency conversion and I've supplied them with a new card number. I heard they're supposed to limit purchasing if you don't pay, but they haven't done that yet. And hopefully I don't have to pay tens of dollars to get $2 sorted out, since they no longer have a chat option.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2012, 08:42 PM   #245 (permalink)

• Profiles management as in the Blackberry - the best I've seen
  • Individual logins for IM IDs
  • A proper media / video / audio player that plays all popular formats
  • Offline maps
  • Offline dictionary
  • Only vibrate option for call / message alerts and not the current "vibrate and ring" option only
  • A fully functional bluetooth stack that enables files transfer.
  • Ability to attach Word / PDF / Spreadsheets while responding to / forwarding emails
Sriraman Bhashyam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2012, 03:17 PM   #246 (permalink)

Touch to share with vehicle information center or console and/or toaster.
Ability to use a pen or stylus and possible handwritting recognition.
More accurate digitizer.
Pre 4, 5, 6, with or without keypad, preferably with.
USB connector for auxillary device use, ie Keyboard,..
Micro SD slot.
Dual antennas to talk and email at same time.
No matter what device, continue gesture area!
All the above thread items!!!
Dshardie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/2012, 05:30 PM   #247 (permalink)

I would like to see Graffiti make a comeback on webOS. I saw a pretty cool Android app that allowed finger drawn Chinese characters that made me think I could prefer that to a virtual keyboard on the next slab (boo) phone. Maybe a double click on the power button would allow finger swipes to be recognized as character attempts instead of swipes, etc.
JohnKern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/2012, 09:16 PM   #248 (permalink)

Whatever app that was to run Android apps on Webos
casiouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2013, 01:32 PM   #249 (permalink)

A feature that locks the touchscreen. (a phisical switch or through software). It's use, to prevent you child from acidentally stopping / pauzing a song/video.

an IR transmitter light so i can use the touchpad as an remote control.

an mini/micro hdmi port

an extra SD cardslot
iggypop007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 03:09 AM   #250 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dshardie View Post
Touch to share with vehicle information center or console and/or toaster.
Ability to use a pen or stylus and possible handwritting recognition.
More accurate digitizer.
Pre 4, 5, 6, with or without keypad, preferably with.
USB connector for auxillary device use, ie Keyboard,..
Micro SD slot.
Dual antennas to talk and email at same time.
No matter what device, continue gesture area!
All the above thread items!!!
I would like Touch to Share to work!
How often does one need to share a webpage from phone to tablet etc? What would be really good is Touch to Share to share resources/files from phone to tablet and vice-versa. That way any photos I take can be downloaded to the tablet to... SHARE!
Paulscarbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2013, 02:22 AM   #251 (permalink)

We need gpg with support in the email client.
nzpling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2013, 11:20 AM   #252 (permalink)

I'm not sure if the following has been suggested, but I'd like to see a "9 Tile" screen scenario that has up to 9 running apps / features - as is demonstrated in the photo below. It could be called "Tile mode" - for lack of a better term.

webOS - 9 Tile Screen.jpg

The Centre app (or Dominant app) can be tapped to go full screen. Or it can be switched with one of surrounding apps, by swiping the dominant app towards that "Secondary" app (thereby making it now the dominant app). Or vice versa, by moving one of the surrounding apps towards the Centre - effectively switching places.

Last edited by Lansing2002; 01/15/2013 at 02:58 PM.
Lansing2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Vistaus likes this.
Old 01/23/2013, 10:07 AM   #253 (permalink)

Cicle in "Advanced Gesture" to swipe cards
cgonzalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2013, 10:25 AM   #254 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

for me one of the most frustrating things about webos on current hardware is that it is S O S L O W to start up.
I often switch on my touchpad and choose Android just because it is quick

If webos could start quickly, allow user interaction, maybe before some of the services are started... that would be a big improvement
gderoiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2013, 10:29 AM   #255 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

More than one profile.....

I think it would be nice if multiple profiles/users could use a touchpad,,,, I know this takes alot of resources... but it would be nice to know that 2 or three people could share the same hardware but without sharing the same documents .... I would not mind if the App Store/Credit Card was shared.... or maybe if just one user had access to purchase from App store.....

The main thing, is that one users documents are separated from another.....

I don't believe any Tablet does this, so would be big advantage over competition.....
gderoiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Vistaus likes this.
Old 02/02/2013, 04:31 AM   #256 (permalink)

I don't know if these were mentioned already (at least two simple searches didn't show anything alike) so here they come:

Real power scroll.
I mean, put one finger on the gesture area and move the second on the screen, and the list should scroll with a speed proportional to the distance of your moving finger from the point where it first touched the screen. This is like middle mouse clicking in Firefox and moving around your mouse. This way long lists can be travelled through easily and not just the top and the bottom like with the current power scroll.
This could be achieved even on the Touchpad with lets say two finger stationary on the screen and the third moving around. And this could be even generalized to enable free scroll in any direction not only up/down.

Call log search. Names and phone numbers too.
Almost every list can be searched and narrowed down but the call log on the Pre with its thousands of entries just sits there and awaits for you to scroll through it (if you can). When was the last time I talked with XY? When was the last time I tried to reach him/her but I failed? The information is there but noone finds it.

Call history menu entry into the Contacts.
This could open the Call log with prepopulated search field.

That was my two cents for now.
tylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/2014, 09:46 PM   #257 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Might as well bump this. It is the LuneOS wish list now! Here are Derek Kessler's original articles: wish list | webOS Nation

It will be interesting to read those and this thread. I've spotted a couple that have already been delivered!
Old 09/13/2014, 06:53 PM   #258 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylla View Post
I don't know if these were mentioned already (at least two simple searches didn't show anything alike) so here they come:

Real power scroll.
I mean, put one finger on the gesture area and move the second on the screen, and the list should scroll with a speed proportional to the distance of your moving finger from the point where it first touched the screen. This is like middle mouse clicking in Firefox and moving around your mouse. This way long lists can be travelled through easily and not just the top and the bottom like with the current power scroll.
This could be achieved even on the Touchpad with lets say two finger stationary on the screen and the third moving around. And this could be even generalized to enable free scroll in any direction not only up/down.

Call log search. Names and phone numbers too.
Almost every list can be searched and narrowed down but the call log on the Pre with its thousands of entries just sits there and awaits for you to scroll through it (if you can). When was the last time I talked with XY? When was the last time I tried to reach him/her but I failed? The information is there but noone finds it.

Call history menu entry into the Contacts.
This could open the Call log with prepopulated search field.

That was my two cents for now.
Yeah, search call log for sure. I find myself trying to do it all the time
laingman is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0