Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
Like Tree195Likes
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Ability to change text color, bold, italic, and underline words in e-mail on Touchpad like you can on phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isandunk View Post
    4) Unified settings app - I shouldn't have to open one setting, then quit, then open the launcher and then opening up another setting!
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...tings-app.html

rgloor and gizmo21 like this.
    its a kool app Garrett thanks !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by AJotr View Post
    The ability to CALL a contact directly from an SMS text conversation - had this in Garnet ("call sender" from drop down menu).

The ability to open Text Messages directly from a Contact when you click their Mobile # - had that in Garnet (from Address Book). An option from the mobile #.

Used these All The Time in PalmOS Garnet.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    You can do those things now. To call from text conversation at the top right tap the button that says text then tap the phone icon.

To text from contacts just tap the bubble icon thing. Unless I misunderstand what you are trying to say
    Yes but how about making it even easier by making usage of the proximity sensor, so no extra click needed for calling:

- Call a person automagically when having open SMS-conversation by putting the phone to the ear (Patch for proximity sensor polling in Messaging app)

- Call a person automagically when having open a contact, by putting the phone to the ear (Patch for proximity sensor polling in contacts app) - could be a problem as you can't priorize phone numbers of a contact in webOS

- Call the person automagically when having open "missed calls list" in Phoneapp, by putting the phone to the ear (call last number missed). (Patch for proximity sensor polling in Phone app "missed calls list")

More in the "Porting features from Samsung Galaxy S III thread":
    Porting features of Samsung S3 to webOS
    Last edited by gizmo21; 05/07/2012 at 11:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Yes but how about making it even easier by making usage of the proximity sensor, so no extra click needed for calling:

- Call a person automagically when having open SMS-conversation by putting the phone to the ear (Patch for proximity sensor polling in Messaging app)

- Call a person automagically when having open a contact, by putting the phone to the ear (Patch for proximity sensor polling in contacts app) - could be a problem as you can't priorize phone numbers of a contact in webOS

- Call the person automagically when having open "missed calls list" in Phoneapp, by putting the phone to the ear (call last number missed). (Patch for proximity sensor polling in Phone app "missed calls list")

More in the "Porting features from Samsung Galaxy S III thread":
    Porting features of Samsung S3 to webOS
    The phone doesn't know the difference between your ear and your hand, for example. So you could call someone by mistake, which we never want to do, right?
    i know that the current implementation of the proximity sensor polling is too quick on reating on light change, this is what you can see when having a phone call and trying to open the contact reminder notification that opened right after the call begins -> nearly impossible in a hurry.

But that doesn't mean that the feature is bad or it could not be done, seems Samsung got it working (perhaps by simultaniouly using the cam, have not found details).

This is the wishlist... so one can always dream.
    ...and that's why here is another one:

make the cursor pointing and text selecting in phone webOS less sensitive in vertical y-axis:

[patch request] 2.x make cursor positioning less sensitive

well and it seems touchpad users would like a better selection as well:

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...h-request.html
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Ability to organize videos and pictures in any order you choose. Ex. Alphabetically. or by hold and move like in the app launcher page.
    My 6 cents:
    1. Colored events in calendar (like in PalmOS)
    2. Simple reminder ('dong' sound and message at event time). Or ToDo with time
    3. Alarm should not ring infinite. It should stop ringing after minute or so.
    4. Possibilite to create calendar event from message or mail application in one tap.
    5. Groups in contacts.
    6. File transmission via bluetooth
    Phone: HP Veer
    Jabber: shura0@ya.ru
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shura View Post
    Hhhmmm....
    There are already colored events - just a color per calendar.
    I just wonder, how one can have a color per calendar and overlay it with an event specific color as well.
    Hhhmmmm.... What do you think it should be?

2. Simple reminder ('dong' sound and message at event time). Or ToDo with time
    If you set a reminder in the event, it exactly does that.
    If you don't, it won't.
    Works as desired. (at least in webOS 2.x)

3. Alarm should not ring infinite. It should stop ringing after minute or so.
    Oh.. that continuous alarm already helped me a few times. (When sleeping pretty deep.)
    But it could be a setting to adjust the number of minutes before stopping the alarm. (Where 0 could meen, no stopping.)

4. Possibilite to create calendar event from message or mail application in one tap.
    5. Groups in contacts.
    6. File transmission via bluetooth
    Sounds good to me too.
    Originally Posted by Shura:

Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post
    Hhhmmm....
    There are already colored events - just a color per calendar.
    I just wonder, how one can have a color per calendar and overlay it with an event specific color as well.
    Perhaps his Calendar provider does only sync one calendar (like Chapura Echo or Palm Profile) and it has colored categories instead (as in Outlook standalone or PalmOS).

Ubercalendar now can enter and display categories if the synergy plugin does
    sync them (like Microsoft Exchange Active Sync or the homebrew SyncML). But no colors per category are added, which i think is also difficult for multicategory events.
    rgloor, gizmo21
    1. Yes, I use one calendar (palm) and colors are missing. Uber calendar allow to add icons for events, but they are not displayed in month view mode.

rgloor
    2. Yes, events works like this, but they are displayed in calendar, I don't want this. It should be different place. Ok, I agree, it can be not a part of System, it can be single application. Just possibility 'add reminder in 30 minutes with message "turn off grill!!!"'
    3. Agree, it should be configurable.
    Phone: HP Veer
    Jabber: shura0@ya.ru
    5. Groups in contacts.
    I've asked for this one sooo many times. I was reminded of another reason why we need this when I spent a half hour yesterday configuring all of my extended family members to have the same custom ring tone. If we had contact categories with category prefs, that would have taken me only a few seconds to do!
    Auto play in YouTube app/video player. I mean how many times should I have to say play this
    Okay so. Just thinking out loud here in terms of function only:

Onscreen keyboard with options. Multiple colour options for the keys so its customizable, two layouts in portrait mode, plus landscape keyboard, swipe capability

Slide to answer. This OS has a great history of slide to do something why not expand it further?

Pop-up of all text messages. The notification symbol is nice at the bottom but having the SMS actually pop up for like ten seconds would be a great help on the go as well.

Integration into Viber, Kik, Hookt, WhatsApp or pushing towards the Facebook connection with a proper messenger service on that system and file sharing as well.

Carrier billing service for applications. If thats not already in place would love to see an app that enabled this. Could give the App Catalogue a nice little edge there.
    Preserving of self ordered list of JustType Start+Search and QuickActions list:

Just Type preference settings not sticking?
    The return of the mini cards. Stacks plus minicards would be awesome for navigation
    Is there a search within calendar yet? I find myself trying to locate where in the world...or when in the world...I put that event on my Calendar. Does Ubercalendar patch add this functionality?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

AgendaZ has search functionality.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Auto play in YouTube app/video player. I mean how many times should I have to say play this
    Curious if you ever realized this is already a feature. If you tap the thumbnail it starts playing automatically. If you tap the text, it just opens the info page.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums