Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree195Likes
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    +1 on contact categories and add the same for the calendar.

I've come to suspect that the reason this wasn't done in webOS was a misguided idea that it wasn't needed for compatibility with Google contacts and calendar (and that universal search would suffice). I'll admit that it would have been difficult to accept losing all my calendar categories whenever I was working in Google Calendar on my desktop, and I may have still ended up creating multiple Google calendars to replicate categories. On the other hand, if Palm had stuck with calendar categories, maybe Google would have eventually seen the light.
    Agreed. It may not be needed for compatibility with Google, but Google's not everything. It IS needed for compatibility with Outlook. In Outlook, I can color-code calendar appointments. But when I send those to my phone/tablet, they all show up in the same calendar. So I need to split the calendars instead.

And like you I categorize my contacts, much easier to find them that way.
    rgloor likes this.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    What ever happened to putting webOS on PCs? If HP was really planning to put webOS on every PC in 2012, surely at least a prototype of that exists someplace. I would put that on my wish list.
  3. lgs
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince42 View Post
    Hi,

from my personal wish list for webOS:

- Plain-Text-Mail
    The mail format is HTML. The mails are not sent multi-parted, ie with a text-only mailer you see nothing but an empty e-mail. I prefer to write my mails in plain text and to read mails with monospaced fonts.

- GnuPG
    It would be comfortable, if the webOS mail app would support encryption and decryption of GnuPG mails.

- Polled IMAP folders
    When fetching mails new mails in folders and sub folders are not retrieved from the server. Although querying all IMAP folders for new mails might be an unwanted feature in many cases, it would be great to have such an option, especially if you run sieve scripts on your server.

- Changed IMAP folders
    If folders are added, moved or deleted from the Server, the folder list in the mail app does not update. There should be an option to rebuild the folder structure on demand.

- Archive attachment extraction
    A built-in archive attachment extraction facility would be nice and should support as many formats as possible.

- To Do Synvergy
    With Synergy we have one of the most sophisticated multi-account frameworks which allows us to bring together information from different accounts into one application. What is heavily needed are a buch of To Do List / Getting Things Done providers for Synvergy, eg for 'Google', 'Remember The Milk' and 'Toodledo'.

- Missing chat protocols
    Not that I like them, but some popular chat protocols are still missing in the list (MSN eg). A better management (multi identities, OTR encryption, more differentiation with online status) would be welcome.

Aside from that:

I wish I could choose in Preware a language other than the system language.
    +1 for being able to send plain-text and/or multi-part emails. Whenever I get emails from WebOS they show up blank in Thunderbird, where I always have plain-text viewing enabled (and always will). I consider this a serious bug, because it is not RFC-1521 compliant.
    global hotkey manager
    native music player (or any music player) to recognise a various artists album as one album and not separate each artist into its own album.

random play music from all albums or selected albums.
    spell checker, dictionary, thesaurus options for just type.

typing in a word would bring up the quick actions, launch and search options depending what you want to check then tap for the result.
    The ability to turn off/on the fixed screen orientation on the touchpad when playing games or watching videos so that the speakers fire upwards into the open and not downwards to the desk or usually in my case, the chest, stomach where the sound becomes muffled.
    I used to be able to open student files (assignments) that were behind password protected sites such as Blackboard, but a webOS upgrade changed that. I wish that I could still do that because I can't use the Touchpad or my Pre to do that.
    Does someone want animated backgrounds?
    Nokia 1100 - Alcatel OT156A - Motorola C650 - Motorola v220i - Motorola V555 - The Great Motorola V360 - The Amazing Treo 650 - Treo 750 - Original Palm Pre (1.4.5) - Palm Pre2 (2.1) + Touchpad.
    Contact grouping and Group Messages, Group E-Mail

beeing able to put contacts in groups, you could easily implement group txting, group mailing features.

The sad thing is webos even has that group messaging feature (even with special icon), but it is only in IM mode (like skype) and the groupchat has to be "set up" from the PC.
    Visual Voicemail built in

Predictive typing

Kindle app for phones

A solid barcode reader

Opera Mobile

Improvements to the default browser previously mentioned

Simple checklist to chose default web search engine from a list for Just Type and Browser.

Redo the "add search engine" notifications, I'm feeling pestered every time I land on a page with a site search.

Especially in the phone apps: ability to "share" an article needs to include Facebook and Twitter, not just email and SMS.

Update the Facebook app for phones.
    PDA History:

Palm Zire 71 > Palm T5 > Palm TX > iPhone > iPhone 3GS > HTC EVO 3D > Pre 3

Touchpad
    Th ability to sync with itunes. I would like to have an easy way of transferring media to my pre. The pre- could do it, but apple patched itunes so it wouldn't work.
    Openwebos needs to truly sync with web based email and calendars etc. It should be no harder than putting your email and password in for each account. At a minimum webos should support Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail and AOL mail and calendars.

It cannot work just some of the time, it has to be reliable and simple.
    PDA History:

Touchpad
    Well, isn't it just this what it does?
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Well, isn't it just this what it does?
    On email it needs to list each provider (see iOS).

On calendars - this seems to be a mess (there are a lot of threads here in the forums explaining work arounds to get calendar A working on webos ver. X - that is not going to scale in the mass market.)
    PDA History:

Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by BradE View Post
    On email it needs to list each provider (see iOS).
    Open the menu and just add your account.

On calendars - this seems to be a mess (there are a lot of threads here in the forums explaining work arounds to get calendar A working on webos ver. X - that is not going to scale in the mass market.)
    I guess you should use the system before giving hints...
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Umm.. have you opened the email or calendar apps? *confused*
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    - There has to be a way to sync contacts from Outlook or PalmDesktop when you first buy the phone without the need for third party software (for 40 USD) and without putting all contacts on the Google servers then transferring them back to the phone. If you really want to attract more new users then this is one of the things which leave a first impression imho.

- In calendar: to have several reminders for one appointment. With some appointments I need to be reminded 1 week / 1 day / 15 min before it happens (like presenting a project)

- Would be nice to have MotionApp Classic (the PalmOS emulator) on all webOS devices, incl with WebOS 2.0.
    (maybe someday the PalmOS would be open source too?)
    Just fix accelerometer problems on whatever webos version. It was good for my Pre2, but after updating to 2.2.4 it is just as bad (freezes for seconds) as with Pre3 2.2.0-2.2.4:

Pre3 Accelerometer Problems?

also saw TouchPad has/had same problems, which mostly can be seen in games.
    Quote Originally Posted by markfury View Post
    spell checker, dictionary, thesaurus options for just type.

typing in a word would bring up the quick actions, launch and search options depending what you want to check then tap for the result.
    or some type of wolfram alpha question & answer plugin for just type
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html