1.    #1  
    I have two Palm Pre's. As you can see from the attached pics, the Palm Pre with webOS 1.4.5 (and is a used unit that hasn't been re-imaged with a fresh doctor) has 6.68 Gb capacity. Whereas the Palm Pre webOS with 1.4.1.1. (which has been recently doctored) only has 4.67 Gb capacity (a 2 Gb difference). Using Device Information on each unit provides the same numbers. (Please bear in mind that I'm addressing capacity, not available space.)

Regarding the Linux command line shots, I must confess that I'm Linux-illiterate. The answer may be right in front of me but I don't know enough about Linux to see it.

At any rate, why the variance? Is there perhaps a second partition on the one that seems to be lacking 2 Gb of space? If so, is it possible to delete that partition via Linux? Thanks!
    That's weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Body Extreme View Post
    I have two Palm Pre's. As you can see from the attached pics, the Palm Pre with webOS 1.4.5 (and is a used unit that hasn't been re-imaged with a fresh doctor) has 6.68 Gb capacity. Whereas the Palm Pre webOS with 1.4.1.1. (which has been recently doctored) only has 4.67 Gb capacity (a 2 Gb difference). Using Device Information on each unit provides the same numbers. (Please bear in mind that I'm addressing capacity, not available space.)

Regarding the Linux command line shots, I must confess that I'm Linux-illiterate. The answer may be right in front of me but I don't know enough about Linux to see it.

At any rate, why the variance? Is there perhaps a second partition on the one that seems to be lacking 2 Gb of space? If so, is it possible to delete that partition via Linux? Thanks!
    Did you do an "erase data and apps" then "full erase" before the 1.4.1.1 doctor? Not positive, but it's possible that if you didn't do this there may be junk on there which is taking up space.
    Not a Linux guru, but the 2Gb triggers me. Did you create a separate partition on it at some stage?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Did you do an "erase data and apps" then "full erase" before the 1.4.1.1 doctor? Not positive, but it's possible that if you didn't do this there may be junk on there which is taking up space.
    As best I can remember, I did a full erase:

"Performing a Full Erase on your Pre deletes any and all applications you installed on your device, as well as any associated settings and data. It also does away with images, music files and video clips stored within on the device's internal memory."
    Wipe Your Palm Pre Before Saying Goodbye for Good | PCWorld
    Quote Originally Posted by Body Extreme View Post
    As best I can remember, I did a full erase:

"Performing a Full Erase on your Pre deletes any and all applications you installed on your device, as well as any associated settings and data. It also does away with images, music files and video clips stored within on the device's internal memory."
    Wipe Your Palm Pre Before Saying Goodbye for Good | PCWorld
    I don't know. Read that order of performance in a 2.2.4 on Pre2 thread. If it's a pretty easy device restoration maybe you could try out the "erase data and apps" then "full erase"?